Young Writers Society

Post and Study Quotes

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:12 am
View Likes
mephistophelesangel says...

Hello, everyone!

I just got this random idea - to see what other people put as dialogues/quotes in their own novels/stories/poems/etc. I thought that it would be pretty exciting. Like, you could look at how other people use dialogues in their stories and what you can learn from those dialogues/quotes. Or, it could be a good chance for yourself to look back at your dialogues and learn more about your characters.

Well, that's what I think, at least. So, if you got any quotes/dialogues that is original, feel free to post them here! Thank you :)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:40 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Fun!

A little out of context quote for you. :P

Jalil left me alone the rest of the day, probably sensing my sheer frustration at nothing in general. He had learned over the years I was best avoided in these moods. Pretty much everybody who knew I worked on cases knew to avoid me in these moods.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:57 pm
View Likes
EmmVeePi says...

"They tell me I'm insane, I dont think so but who am I to say, they have better perspective of me than I do." Von Prince to his girlfriend shortly after being committed to the Grand Riverboat Mental Healthcare Facility.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:16 am
View Likes
eldEr says...

His laugh was that drink that you loved and tried to throw back too fast, so you choke on it, but you obviously don't regret it because you still take another swig. In fact, you love it so much that you do everything in your power to get more, even if you inhale it every single time. It burned your chest and left a warmth behind, and I knew for a fact that you could get drunk on it.

Parker, on Braz's laugh.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:39 pm
View Likes
Dreamer84 says...

awesome great idea :smt003 okay here goes:

‘No one in this world can ever know my dreadful secret…not even a stupid camera.’ I thought to myself. I quickly got up and turned the chair into the position it had been and raced for the door of the tiny room. ‘Freedom...freedom...freedom...’ was all I could think of being in the cold dark room. At every turn it seemed like the walls were getting smaller. Like I was just a jack waiting for someone to spin the lever to release me from my box.
this is from a novel I'm writing and I'm altering POV's this one is from Zia's

I was sinking faster and I started to panic more. My chest was rising and falling at an abnormal rate making it hard to catch my breath. I started to think that this was the end and Kaleb would never know what happened to me. No one would ever find me because I would be buried deep in a suffocating cocoon of quicksand.
this one is from the same novel but this time it is from Kade's POV. hope you like them :smt003
Don't let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big ~Unknown

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:49 am
View Likes
Astronaut says...

Here's a club with a similar idea...

clubs/1785
I don't have a signature.

Spoiler! :
Bet you didn't see that coming...

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:41 pm
View Likes
Stormcrow says...

“These objects are not human made. They are from a bygone age, many tens of thousands of years ago. We were not even an empire yet. The galaxy was broken up into tiny alliances, and they were constantly at war. The Warpship was had been barely invented when they came. They were an older race than us. Millions of years old, we were take by surprise by a new race. Their galaxy was full, and they were coming to take over. They had he objects; and where they went, destruction and chaos ensued. But they were not ready for our nuclear armed ships. The war to end all wars lasted for three thousand years. All other wars were stopped, and the empire was formed out of the greater need. These aliens we never saw; but their ships, traveling at warp speeds so fast that they could cross the galaxy in days, came and destroyed everything in their path. Trillions died every year; we were nearly wiped out in the first attack. But they had little supplies, and their galaxy was too far away even for them. We spent most of those three thousand years destroying their food ships, and the other part trying to breed humans that could live longer. We could only live for about a hundred years then, and that was not long enough. Well, in the 29 century of fighting, we succeeded. These soldiers are the ancestors of everyone in this empire. For the next hundred years, we started to gain the upper hand. Then we invented the EMP. That was their downfall. They, like us, used electricity to run their ships. Somehow we had thought of something they hadn’t. It only took us another century to bring them down. We had them cornered around a black hole when they finally tried to parley with us. We had decided to kill them all, and rid them from our universe; they had killed some two and a half quadrillion soldiers in that war. Their numbers had been in the billions. At the last moment, before we opened fire on them, one of their ships came forward with a message for us. We waited for them, and that was when they finally showed themselves. They were shorter than us; almost like wolves, but they walked on their hind legs, and their skin was thicker looking. The tallest one came up to the commander of the ship. The alien held a solid diamond case with its own force field. He placed in on the ground without speaking. When he did, it was in a strange language, not unlike the common snow wolf. He said, ‘We give you our surrender. We give you our lives. We do not like it, but you have lost more than us. And the worthier race will take all. Therefore you will take all’. That was when he opened the box.
Caleb Julius

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:20 pm
View Likes
Stormcrow says...

Without warning, Simon roughly grabbing Merlin by the hand, and swung into a downward roll, which pulled Merlin off balance and nearly brought him crashing down along with him. As Merlin thrashed him arms around, trying to keep from falling, Simon kicked out at his legs, just as he himself tumbled away from Merlin upon hitting the ground rolling, in a sharply curved path, which straightened out with Simon roughly parallel to the bushes. On contact, which was disastrous for Merlin, he twisted round, and jumped up behind him with a whop (just as Merlin in turn sprawled onto the ground).
Caleb Julius

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:34 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

I have a few that I like.
From "Until I Give No Longer" a short story

"But I can't give anymore, I can't. Because Ellie and Nathan are getting married. They will give their vows, they will give their lives to each other. I can't give him that. He doesn't want that from me. My last thought is of the shining look in his eyes, as he asked her to be his wife and not me.

And then I fall asleep, hoping that I won't wake up."

From "God Bless the Broken Rose" a poem

"The petals scattered to and fro,
Their path was twisting, winding.
Please God, bless the broken Rose
Who failed to see her binding."

And lastly, From "To Love a Killer" a poem
"Better to love
And to have lost my life
Then to never have loved
At all."

These quotes all have my heart and soul in them. So enjoy.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:08 pm
View Likes
NightWolf says...

"It's not stealing, it's taking advantage of people's ignorance."
Daniel Karnis from The Dark Thief on the art of stealing.
"We're all just stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" The Eleventh Doctor

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:51 am
View Likes
WillowCutz says...

"Lying about what's wrong to help someone feel better?" Emily thought for a while. "There's nothing wrong with that."
Sometimes it's nice to just laugh at yourself!
I should know, I do it all the time!

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:23 am
View Likes
GreenLight24 says...

This is an excerpt from Chapter 1 of a romance comedy novel I started this week called Placebo Hearts.

"I wasn't sure exactly what it was about this girl's voice but I didn't feel like sleeping anymore. Each word seemed to dance off of her tongue and into that enigmatically empty space deep within the walls of my beating heart. Her piercing green irises bounced expeditiously amongst our surroundings before coming to an impetuous stop behind the shimmering glass windows of their golden frame prisons. As I looked back into those deep pools of verdant luminescence, I could feel every last strain of my anger melt away."

I'm not looking for any more reviews on this, but here's a link to this chapter if anyone would like to check it out: Placebo Hearts Chapter 1: Names.
"My Wellspring of Wisdom told me so!"

-Victorique De Blois, Gosick.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:49 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

Life is like a really long movie. You can’t watch it forever or you’ll burn yourself out. Get some sleep and then maybe you’ll feel like finishing it.
-Someone in my book speaking to the main character. :D
Last edited by TimmyJake on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:41 pm
View Likes
Dreamy says...

"My mornings are dark and my nights are alone...."

I'm trying to develop this into a poem. And also trying really very hard not to be cliched and depressing. >.>
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:48 pm
View Likes
deleted5 says...

Not completely original but:
I watch the world crumble before me. I simply say, "The world is burning up."
He just laughs and replies, "The world is burning? Well then! Let us go down in a blaze of glory my friend!"
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
— Albus Dumbledore