z

Young Writers Society

How did you discover YWS?

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:47 am
GoldFlame says...

Title says it all.
Last edited by GoldFlame on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
β€œHe leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:01 am
niteowl says...

Nate recently asked this, but it's dropped down the front page so you might not have noticed. Link: How did you hear about YWS?

As for me, I was on writing.com when Nate posted an ad for the then-new YWS on a group I was in, and the rest is history. I believe that's how most of our early members got here. It was only later that we popped up on Google and "top writing website" articles. I am amazed at how much and how well it's grown! :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:46 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

One day I was bitten by a sudden feeling of lonelyness... I wanted to make a 'young writers site' ( not the best idea for someone who doesn't know much about computers and the internet ) I told my mom of my ponderings, and she said something like; "Yeah, but there's probably a site you could just join."

So I googled young writers sites, and it came up with the top writing sites for young writers. I'm pretty sure YWS was the first on the list, and it was very appealing - the blue, and other things gave it a fun, homey, and easy feel - were as other writing sites always seem so gray, and distant.
100% autistic

Have you met a cow or another large animal?
— Liminality