z

Young Writers Society

January 2014 Stats

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:45 pm
View Likes
Big Brother says...

As December was before it, January 2014 ended up being a huge month for YWS. The site saw a record number of unique visitors at 17,196, beating out the old record set way back in January 2009 of 16,335. Reviews increased by 10% over December, and are now up by 50% since November; storybooks increased an amazing 69% over December; and new member registrations increased by 10%.

If that kind of growth were to continue, then YWS would be looking at 5,000 reviews in May and nearly 11,000 by this time next year! But, that's very, very unlikely! More likely is that the site settles into a little bit of a lull period from now until late May.

Posting and Misc.

Reviews: 3,410
Literary Works: 868

Storybooks: 2,236
Forums: 6,004

New Members: 399

Top 15 Reviewers
@AEChronicle - 190
@TakeThatYouFiend - 139
@SubtleSanity - 127
@Lucrezia - 90
@BloodinkSeesFootage - 89
@GreenTulip - 80
@ConverseFireGirl - 72
@TriSARAHtops - 64
@TimmyJake - 60
@Iggy - 53
@Magenta - 52
@fictional - 52
@Strange - 51
@ZLYF - 46
@Messenger - 45
@AlexSushiDog - 44

Overall YWS Stats

Visits

Pageviews

Browsers
The pie chart shows the share of visitors using specific browsers. Blue is Chrome, green is Safari, orange is Firefox, yellow is Internet Explorer, teal is Android, and the rest are a variety pack of mobile browsers.

Where did YWSers come from in Jan. 2014?

Top 10 Countries / Territories
1. United States
2. United Kingdom
3. Canada
4. Australia
5. India
6. Ireland
7. New Zealand
8. Philippines
9. Croatia
10. Netherlands

Top 10 Cities
1. London
2. Melbourne
3. Chicago
4. Auckland
5. New York
6. Columbus
7. Toronto
8. Indianapolis
9. Sydney
10. Brisbane

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:20 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

I got another mention! So happy!
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:08 pm
Jonathan says...

Belize is still dotless.
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:34 pm
TriSARAHtops says...

Yay, I was mentioned for the first time!
Also, go Melbourne! :-)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:40 pm
deleted5 says...

Just clinging on there! Behind messenger :P
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:25 pm
Auxiira says...

*sigh* I so want to drag the Toulouse region on there... Hay, Nate, seeing as this is a countryside area, couldn't you say, count the 50 miles around Toulouse? Pretty please? Like those dots in the south of France, just merge 'em?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:56 am
Lava says...

I'm sure I logged into YWS from New York. Atleast once. Ha! Contribution!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:04 am
Nate says...

Auxiira wrote:*sigh* I so want to drag the Toulouse region on there... Hay, Nate, seeing as this is a countryside area, couldn't you say, count the 50 miles around Toulouse? Pretty please? Like those dots in the south of France, just merge 'em?

Toulouse is one of those cities I've always wanted to visit!

Anyhoot, for the Midi-Pyrénées region as a whole, there was a total of 186 visits in January, with Toulouse alone accounting for 140 of those 186 visits. If the whole Midi-Pyrénées was counted as a city by itself, it'd rank #70 overall -- above Mumbai and below New Ulm.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:54 pm
Lava says...

@Nate - just curious - what's the stats for Chennai? Is the big-ish blob on South India Chennai/places in Tamil Nadu? Or is it Bangalore?
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

425 Reviews

Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:40 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Lava wrote:@Nate - just curious - what's the stats for Chennai? Is the big-ish blob on South India Chennai/places in Tamil Nadu? Or is it Bangalore?

@Lava: As it turns out, both! It's really hard to tell on the small map above, but there's a big dot over Bangalore and over Chennai.

The bigger one of the two is Bangalore with 358 visits, but Chennai has a still high 275 visits.

Here's a much better picture of visits from India:

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:44 am
Rook says...

@Nate Do the visits from the suburbs of these cities count for the city, or only visits FROM the city?
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

425 Reviews

Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:58 am
Nate says...

fortis wrote:@Nate Do the visits from the suburbs of these cities count for the city, or only visits FROM the city?

Only visits from the city. For example, New York City comes in at number 5 on the top 10 cities list and Chicago comes in at number 3. But if the ranking was done by metropolitan area instead, New York would easily outrank Chicago (metropolitan data is only available for US cities).

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:40 am
yubbies21 says...

I've been trying to find other YWS'ers close to me....But I only know of one other person in British Columbia, Canada on YWS besides me. How many visits does BC, Canada get? (Sorry, I can barely see on the picture...) @Nate
beep

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:54 am
View Likes
PiesAreSquared says...

There's one fantastically bulbous dot over Singapore. That must be me. Muhahahaha.
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

425 Reviews

Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:09 pm
Nate says...

yubbies21 wrote:I've been trying to find other YWS'ers close to me....But I only know of one other person in British Columbia, Canada on YWS besides me. How many visits does BC, Canada get? (Sorry, I can barely see on the picture...) @Nate

@yubbies21: Overall, there were 531 visits from British Columbia in January, with about 75% of those visits coming from the Vancouver metropolitan area.

However, that could be one person visiting 531 times or 531 people visiting once! Stats for unique visitors from any particular area are unavailable, but that 531 visits probably translates to about 100 unique visitors.

But since most unique visitors are just random Google searches, there are probably about 15 to 20 active YWSers from the BC area.

Forever is composed of nows.
— Emily Dickenson