The Spiderwick chronicles series
The wormling series
Our thing progresses
I call and you come through
Blow all my friendships
To sit in hell with you
But we’re the greatest
They’ll hang us in the Louvre
Down the back, but who cares? Still the Louvre.

- Lorde

In my head I do everything right

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:00 pm
View Likes
Willard says...

Fahrenheit 451
A Confederacy of Dunces
Fight Club

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:08 pm
View Likes
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Looking for Alaska- John Green

The Candymakers- Wendy Mass

Wolves, Boys, and other things that might kill me- Kristen Chandler

The Delirium Series (Delirium, Pandemonium, Requiem)- Lauren Oliver

Before I Fall- Lauren Oliver

The Birthmarked Series (Birthmarked, Prized, Promised)- Caragh O'Brien

Mockingbird- Kathryn Erskine

Out Of My Mind- Sharon M Draper
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:27 am
Holysocks says...

Thanks guys! I shall add those to my list. :-P
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:35 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

@devigonewild, I started reading The Hunger Games yesterday. I'm about 80 pages in, and I love it ( big surprise )! I also have Divergent now, so we'll get those yummy ones out of the way.
100% autistic

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:17 am
GoldFlame says...

Poetry: Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickenson, e.e. cummings, the Odyssey (by Homer)

Satire: The Hitchhiker's Ultimate Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams - highly recommend!)

Typical Fantasy: The Belgariad (by David Eddings), LOTR, Patrick Rothfuss (can't believe that no one has recommended him yet)

Horror: H.P. Lovecraft, Stephen King, Dracula (by Bram Stoker), Frankenstein (by Mary Shelley, unrevised edition)

Mystery: Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle), Dan Brown

Realistic Fiction: The Fault in Our Stars (by John Green), Wendy Mass*, Sarah Dessen, Artichoke's Heart (by Suzanne Supplee)

Dystopian: Delirium trilogy (by Lauren Oliver), Fahrenheit 451 (by Rad Bradbury)

Sci-fi: Ender's Game (by Orson Scott Card), H.G. Wells, The Host (by Stephenie Meyer)

Humor: Xanth Xanth Xanth Xanth Xanth & Hitchhiker's

Fair warning - Xanth is outrageously sexist. I'd recommend skipping the first book and watching out for titles like...well, you'll know. His world's based off word puns - bleeding hearts, night mares (the book Night Mare is one of my favorites), pancake ice, lady fingers and lady finger plants... You name it, Xanth has it.

Oh, a bit of advice: read some Amazon reviews before reading Divergent. The negative ones, not the ones at the top that adolescents "like" because they shine the book in a good light.

Out of My Mind is also a great read (suggested by TinyJarStoredDreams). It's only that the slang is outdated (cool beans, way cool, super, dead meat), and the author...um, portrays adolescents as stupid and cruel. But it's a very touching story. It's about a precocious girl with cerebral palsy, meaning that she's unable to speak, so everyone assumes that she's...you know.

*such as: A Mango-Shaped Space, Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life, Every Soul a Star
Last edited by GoldFlame on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:34 am
View Likes
comrie says...

Um, anything by Khaled Hosseini. He is such a wonderful storyteller. Personally loved his A Thousand Splendid Suns. The Kite Runner's really beautiful too, but I felt like ATSS was such - I can't even find a word for it. Currently reading his And the Mountains Echoed. So far: I love it.

Margaret Atwood's pretty good too. I think any of her works are good picks.

For YA, I'd say Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke & Bone series, Maggie Steifvater's The Scorpio Races series and the Raven Cycles series, Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles, Libba Bray's The Diviners. And there's more but those are the ones on the top of my head (the ones that stuck out to me the most). For realistic YA, then anything by Sarah Dessen. She's like the only realistic-fic YA author I'd always (ALWAYS) read. My favorites: The Truth About Forever and This Lullaby.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:25 am
indieeloise says...

Um, anything by Khaled Hosseini.

I read A Thousand Splendid Suns in a day and a half. Favorite of all of his works. And the Mountains Echoed isn't my favorite but his words are no less heart-imploding.

@comrie
"My hobbies include editing my life story, hiding behind metaphors, and trying to convince my shadows that I am someone worth following." - Rudy Francisco

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:25 am
Pamplemousse says...

Zolen wrote:first has 3 books that I know of

second 5

third 3

fourth like thousands of books

ffth 5

sixth 3

seventh 8

eight 7

nine 13 (small books so two is worth is about as big as 1 of the others)

ten 6
comrie wrote:Um, anything by Khaled Hosseini. He is such a wonderful storyteller. Personally loved his A Thousand Splendid Suns. The Kite Runner's really beautiful too, but I felt like ATSS was such - I can't even find a word for it. Currently reading his And the Mountains Echoed. So far: I love it.

Margaret Atwood's pretty good too. I think any of her works are good picks.

For YA, I'd say Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke & Bone series, Maggie Steifvater's The Scorpio Races series and the Raven Cycles series, Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles, Libba Bray's The Diviners. And there's more but those are the ones on the top of my head (the ones that stuck out to me the most). For realistic YA, then anything by Sarah Dessen. She's like the only realistic-fic YA author I'd always (ALWAYS) read. My favorites: The Truth About Forever and This Lullaby.

eleven 7

twelve 7

tunnels is a 7 book series I think (only ever read the first, I plan to start up on it)

then 4 singles

That means I suggested

Hm, calculator says I suggested 78 books.....yay!

TLOD has 13 that I know of, and The Mortal Instruments actually has 6. The sixth book hasn't come out yet.
“Admire my gaytime in the mist of purple~” -lostthought, 2015.
~~~~~~~~~~~Usernames~~~~~~~~~~~
Pamplemousse (4/16/14-Now)
Lateritic (8/21/13-4/16/14)
Kittyz101 (3/11/13-8/21/13)

494 Reviews

Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:43 am
Holysocks says...

Cool, thanks guys!
100% autistic

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:18 pm
WritingWolf says...

Ender's Game. It was amazing, one of my favorite series (my all time favorite book is it's parallel novel Ender's Shadow).
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

494 Reviews

Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:06 pm
Holysocks says...

Thanks @WritingWolf! I'll try to check that out sometime. :-P
100% autistic

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:25 am
Aley says...

Anne McCaffrey: Dragonriders of Pern
Robert Silverburg: Lord Valentine's Castle
Kevin Hearne: Iron Druid Series
Jim Butcher: The Dresden Files

494 Reviews

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:53 pm
Holysocks says...

Cool, thanks @Aley!
100% autistic

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:16 pm
thegirlwhowrites says...

The Hunger Games is my life and I'm so happy you started reading it! Welcome to the family young tribute :D
Divergent is also a big part of my life and welcome to the initiate world (happy you're reading it before the movie)
If you like those two as much as I did I highly reccomend anything by Cassandra Clare such as The Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices. (They are both YA fantasy)
You have GOT to read The Fault In Our Stars by the Lord John Green! I mean, that's just an absolute MUST. Anything by him is heavenly.
Someone else reccomended The Host by Stephenie Meyer and I agree. I loved that book.
Well, the Harry Potter series obviously! :D
“It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.”

-Will Herondale

Don't be sad bc sad backwards is das and das not good
— LadyMysterio