z

Young Writers Society

The Desert Island Post

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:15 am
Nate says...

These used to be really popular on TYWC, and this was actually posted here some time ago by faith. Thought I'd go ahead and repost it:

The scenario: You are trapped on a desert island. There are decent food supplies, and edible native plants and animals and you don't know if you'll be rescued. 5 TYWC members are also stranded on the island.. choose TYWC members to fit the following roles:

1. Someone to have philisophical discussions with as you lie awake listening to the strange noises of the island

2. someone to 'populate' the island with in case you are not rescued and need to propagate future generations.

3. someone to eat in case food supplies run low.

4. someone to collaborate on a bestselling novel with while you wait to be rescued.

5. someone to form a tactical alliance with in case the others turn against you and you have to kill them.

also,

choose 1 book

and 1 CD (i guess you're supposed to assume you have a CD player and unlimited batteries)

and 1 food (i guess you're supposed to assume you have an unlimited supply of this food, which makes no sense)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:46 am
ZZAP says...

1. sabradan, because he runs his own organization
2. crysi, just for the o' times right?
3. iced.cap, because of the personality
4. mesh, because she is just that kinda nerd
5. dono, because we are bros like that

6. Planewalker, by John Francis
7. Dark, Buck and Crunk, by Mr. Sche feat. Immortal Lowlife, Al Kapone, Skinny Pimp
8. Marzipan
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:53 am
Snoink says...

1. Someone to have philisophical discussions with as you lie awake listening to the strange noises of the island

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Okay. Elelel! She's fun to talk to... plus she can play clarinet! DUETS!

2. someone to 'populate' the island with in case you are not rescued and need to propagate future generations.

Empress Kat. See answer 5...

3. someone to eat in case food supplies run low.

Hahaha... oh, who would I want to eat? Not Nate since he's a monkey... probably DQ because DUDE! Dairy Queen!

4. someone to collaborate on a bestselling novel with while you wait to be rescued.

Smaur, bwhahahaha...

5. someone to form a tactical alliance with in case the others turn against you and you have to kill them.

Dono! Hahaha... he would probably stab me in the back, but then again, who knows? He might be having too much fun with Kat!

also,

choose 1 book

The dictionary. Because face it... bad spelling sucks.

and 1 CD (i guess you're supposed to assume you have a CD player and unlimited batteries)

Er... MP3 player of all The Beatles songs! *hides*

and 1 food (i guess you're supposed to assume you have an unlimited supply of this food, which makes no sense)

...not DQ?

Okay. Pork ribs. We love resorting to cannibalism! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:55 am
Gazza_14 says...

1. Erm...Rei..because she seems like that sort of person.
2. Emma-love of my life. :twisted:
3. Who would I like to eat? Is snoink actually a pig, because that would be convenient...
4. Duh...snoink!
5. Tactical alliance, eh? Probably one of the greeters, because they're a nice bunch. Cassandra maybe.

Book: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
CD: Something by Carbon Leaf
Food: A ham, cheese and BBQ sauce sandwich with bacon.
Stop. Look. Jive!

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:01 pm
Ares says...

1. Discussions, Dream Deep.

2. Uhm... idunno, 'populate?'

3. Food, Siegfried.

4. Novel, Adam. Or Dono.

5. Tactical Alliance, Sabradan. Or Dono.

Book: I really couldn't decide...

CD: My favorite compilation disc. It has some good stuff on it.

Food: Donatos Pepperoni Pizza

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:39 am
Crysi says...

1. Brad. Most definitely.
2. *head/desk* Z, you just had to, didn't you? Anyway... hmm... I would say Dono, but I think Kat would kill me. So, Z, I guess it's your lucky day.
3. MH. Sorry love.
4. Mesh. For obvious reasons.
5. Snoink. That pig's dangerous...

Book: Don Quixote. It's wonderful.
CD: Pirates of the Caribbean 1 soundtrack. Hey, it might call back the rum runners?
Food: Chocolate.
Love and Light

You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind