z

Young Writers Society

YWS Best Awards Winners 2013

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:25 pm
View Likes
Big Brother says...

The results are finally in so let's see who you voted as the best members of 2013!

Best Overall Member@Hannah

The votes are in and Hanna is this year's best overall member and it's certainly no surprise! She's friendly, helpful and as one of the moderator's around the site, she helps keep YWS's wheels well oiled. Whether you're looking for someone to slice through a few brambles in your path or you just want to kick back and have a friendly chit-chat, Hannah's your girl knight.

Funniest Member – @VeerenVKS

This year's funniest member is Veeren so if you need somebody to cheer you up with a good joke or you're just looking to laugh until you cry, go find him on the chat bar, but be careful what you say, or you might be the subject of his next joke!

Most Helpful Member/Friendliest Member@Iggy

Iggy can most often be found welcoming new members to the site or giving out tips to anyone in need. She's always there to greet you with a smile and willing to point you in the right direction when you're feeling lost!

Spam Master (a.k.a. Most Overly Active Member)@KittyCatMeow

There's a lot of activity on YWS, from participating in writing games, to voting in official polls. This year you think KittyCatMeow was the most active member and we can see why! Kitty is most often found in The Lounge or Randomosity and she always aims to have the last word.

Best Reviewer of Prose@carbonCore

Prose isn't always easy to review since it's often lengthy and can include a wide variety of styles, but carbon knows what to do. Even non-fiction can't stand up to this reviewing machine so if you think you've got something carbon can't handle, think again! The only thing more mysterious about carbon's undefined gender is their affinity for finding the weak points in a piece of writing and helping you to iron out those creases. Just how does carbon get those whites whiter than white?!

Best Reviewer of Poetry@Audy

Poems looks easy to review, but don't be fooled by their small stature - there can be a lot to advise on in just a few lines. Never fear though, Audy knows how to navigate a stanza! She is both enthusiastic about poetry and sharp when it comes to pointing out a drop in the rhythm or an over-used phrase.

Best Poet – @Persy

Once again, Persy has received the most votes for best poet on YWS. Why not go to her portfolio and let the poems speak for themselves - Persy is a master of the poetic art.

Best Writer@Blackwood

When somebody takes both the 'Most likely to be published' and 'Best writer' awards, you know it can't be a coincidence. The people of YWS love to read Blackwood's writing more than anybody else!

Best Debater@Snoink

For the second year in a row, Snoink takes home our title of best debater! She presents her opinions with enthusiasm and grace, never allowing herself to be carried away in the heat of a moment, and always backing her posts up with clean, compelling facts. If you find yourself up against the great master, prepare to have your bacon fried.

Best Lyricist – @567ajt

If you've browsed the lyrics forum then you've surely come across 567ajt! His mastery of rhythm will have you tapping your toes on the dance floor and his often thought provoking and unique subjects are a refreshing reminder that lyrics don't always have to be happy or mushy gushy.

Best Artist@ERZA

Sometimes us writers need to take a break from the rows and rows of lines on paper and when we do, the art forum's a great place to hang out! This year's favourite artist is the wonderful Erza who is generous enough to share her talents with everyone by taking character sketch requests! If you've been lucky enough to have your character sketched by Erza then you'll know how observant she is of the little details which make a drawing come to life.

Best Scriptwriter@Vasticity

Unfortunately you can't read any of Vasticity's scripts on YWS but we have it from a good source that he knows the ins and outs of scriptwriting! Maybe if you all bug him at once, he'll share some of his work with us.

Best Storybooker – @AriaAdams

Our Storybook Princess is just who you want on your side when you're battling the forces of darkness, or even the forces of good! She knows how to put together a compelling character and is an expert at moving the plot along smoothly and keeping everyone entertained. There's nobody whose posts we like to read better than Aria's!

Best Moderator@Rydia

It was tentative when Rydia won best moderator last year, after having recently been raised to admin, but apparently YWS'ers don't care about little details like this as they have chosen her for their best moderator again! This Captain keeps a close eye on the ship and won't let any harm come to her or the crew so if you find yourself in trouble or even just need something as simple as a name change, no job is too big or small for Captain Rydia!

(Seriously guys, she's really flattered, but if this was a best admin category then Nate would win every year. It says moderator :wink:)

Best Story The Boy Who Broke Mirrors by @Skins

The story everyone is raving about belongs to none other than Skins, a master of voice and description! If you're looking for something new to read then you're in the right place.

Best PoemDarwin by @Adnamarine

If poetry is closer to your heart then this is one which will leave you reeling with new thoughts and emotion. Taking five minutes of your life to read Adnamarine's Darwin is time well spent.

Best NovelThe Passenger by @RobbieFava

You've voted 'The Passenger' as the best novel this year and with a title like that it already promises to be great. I'll admit I haven't read it yet, but I think you should join me in adding it to our reading lists.

Best StorybookWerewolves! by Lumi

This year saw the entrance of a new breed of storybook - the tagbook! - and it all began with Lumi's masterpiece. I'm sure many of you are now browsing it with nostalgia or barely veiled jealousy and regret that you weren't able to be involved. Well fear not, there will always be more storybooks, though this one will certainly live long in our hearts.

Best Off-Topic TopicYWS Screencaps

Whether it's catching that slip up your friend made in chat or immortalising the pretty shade of pink your name has been turned by one of those pesky admins, you have votes YWS Screencaps as the best off topic topic this year! I wonder who's going to be the first to get a screencap of this post to put up there... (What's also awesome is that YWS Screencaps was the winner last year as well - we clearly can't have enough of YWS!)

Best Blog@Snoink

With updates on her pregnancy and enviable romance, as well as her fun random facts (anyone remember that blog about bacon bras from a few years back?) Snoink's blog is definitely the place to be! If you're looking for something which will make you smile and restore your faith in the world being an awesome and fascinating place then why not go take a peek. Plus, she's super friendly and active on other people's blogs as well!

Best Avatar – @fortis

If you haven't seen it then I don't want to spoil the surprise, but fortis' avatar has been voted the best on YWS! This just goes to show that we're an interesting bunch of people who like interesting things!

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:42 pm
View Likes
ERZA says...

Aaaaahhhh!!! BEST THING EVER!!! I will never let anyone one of you down ever! Maybe I should come up with something more interesting this year hmmm......just wait for it...I am not done yet!! ^^ A big no huge thanks to all of you for liking my drawings. #bows#
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:46 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

you... you all think im funny

i love you all <3
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:56 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

It's an honor. Truly. <3
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:04 pm
View Likes
Blackwood says...

Thank you, that really helps inspire me to finish my book.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 am
View Likes
Jonathan says...

I 100% improve of all of you guys: Except for one or two, whom I will not deign to mention.
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:55 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

I'm trying to resist the urge....I CHALLENGE SNOINK TO DEBATE OFF! (on whatever subject) *sniff* I regret saying it already :(
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec