z

Young Writers Society

New Years Resolutions!

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:55 pm
OliveDreams says...

HI ALL!

As we're nearing the end of January, Squills wants to know if you have managed to stick to your New Years Resolutions or have you given up at the first sign of weakness?!

Now, be honest! Did you last one day? A week? An HOUR?!

I'll go first:

Resolution: To learn how to drive.
Progress: I can give myself a massive pat on the back as I have my test at half past 3 tomorrow afternoon! EEEK! *glows with pride & goes green with nerves* I will let you know how it goes!

Now you're turn...

Remember, you're answers could be featured in this weeks Squills edition!

Olive <3
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:19 pm
OliveDreams says...

I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!!!!!!!!!

New years resolution OWNED!

Come on guys! Let me in on your secrets!
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:35 am
View Likes
Cheetah says...

I resolved to finish a novel by the end of the year. :D

I think I'll be able to make it. I've completed a couple chapters already, but you never know once the editing process comes into play...
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:14 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

I lost 40 pounds over the course of the last year, so my resolution was to keep it up and amp up my healthy eating and exercise routines. I've had some success with the eating, but it could be better. I have made it to the gym on a semi-regular basis. I've even found a friend to go to group exercise classes with! Hopefully that means I will actually go this semester. :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:20 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Husband: "Do you have any resolutions?"
Me: "Yes. Have a baby."
Husband: "A real resolution."
Me: "To have the house ready for a baby."
Husband: "Yes, but that's a given. My resolution might as well be to breathe."
Me: "To gain weight and to lose it?"
Husband: "Not a resolution."
Me: "Well, what's yours?"
Husband: "Apparently, breathing."

So!

The baby is growing, the house is being cleaned, and I am gaining weight like a champ!

Also, you'll be happy to know that my husband is still breathing.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Edna began to feel like one who awakens gradually out of a dream, a delicious, grotesque, impossible dream, to feel again the realities pressing into her soul.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening