z

Young Writers Society

What the what?!

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:43 am
AEChronicle says...

Did the poem "Twerk" really get put on the literary spotlight? Really? It's not even good literature, it's just a bunch of rhyming words about a shaking butt. My view of this site just dropped a few levels.
I am a machine, but it's only skin deep. Once you break through the crust of my humanity, you'll find the soft clouds beneath. Just don't squeeze to hard, or I'll disappear.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:26 am
niteowl says...

What ends up in the Literary Spotlight is based entirely on user likes from the last 24 hours. So if you're not a fan of what's currently out there, remember to "like" the works you enjoy.

However, the piece in question definitely reads like it was intended as a parody, which is a legitimate form of literature. People probably liked it because they found it amusing and relevant.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

205 Reviews

Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:30 am
AEChronicle says...

I see what you're saying. I thought that the selected works were there because they were actually "selected."
I am a machine, but it's only skin deep. Once you break through the crust of my humanity, you'll find the soft clouds beneath. Just don't squeeze to hard, or I'll disappear.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 am
niteowl says...

Haha nope! I think that would take too much time for anyone to sort through all the great stuff on here. The "likes" based system gives more works a chance to be seen.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

205 Reviews

Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:56 am
AEChronicle says...

Well, yes and no. in this case, it's doing the opposite of what it's designed to.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:19 am
View Likes
birk says...

Though the spotlight is flawed, maybe try to refrain from insulting works?

If you have questions about how things work, then just ask. No need to name-drop specific ones.

It would probably suck to have my piece questioned outside of any constructive review.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

205 Reviews

Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:36 am
AEChronicle says...

I agree. I removed my review, and tried to make amends, I just don't know how to delete this forum topic.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:48 am
Iggy says...

I'll go ahead and lock it for you, AE. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala