z

Young Writers Society

How did you hear about YWS?

862 Reviews

Reviews: 862
Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:29 am
View Likes
Morrigan says...

I found it through Google, though why I was goolgling is a different story.

I used to be on Inkpop, a huge teen writing website (God, there were thousands of regular users) by HarperCollins that had a bit of a different system: There were five top picks a month in three categories: novel, short story, and poetry. The way these top picks were chosen were:
each user had five pick slots a month, and the pieces that turned up in the most user's pick slots got to the top, and were considered for publishing by HarperCollins (that didn't mean that they did get published, but you know).
There was also a ranking system for reviewers, or "critics." The more likes your review got, the higher your ranking would go. I (not to brag) fluctuated between 10th and 11th poetry critic on the site (my username was kittykatbar for those inkies out there!)

Unfortunately, Inkpop was sold to figment, and everything I worked for (my rankings, my badges, my friends list) was gone. I didn't want to start anew on figment because honestly, the community is not good.

I googled for teen writing websites, and on the second page, I found YWS. The quality of the writing was better than it had ever been on Inkpop, and I read quite a few reviews that rivaled the quality of my own. So I joined. It was a good decision.
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

ask not what u can do for ur bones but of what ur bones can do for u
— Carina