The YWS 2013 Yearbook

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:41 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

*holds spot*

It's been a long time since I've actually participated in this...
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:53 pm
Veni says...

I guess I should reserve a spot.
*reserves*
Prodigies can very quickly learn what other people have already figured out; geniuses discover that which no one has ever previously discovered. Prodigies learn; geniuses do.”

― John Green

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:31 pm
Adnamarine says...

Placeholder. Boy these things fill up fast... But I'll take 4th page :P
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:52 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

This has to be the furthest from page one I've ever been... Claimage!

I want to start by sharing with you my introduction from the 2007 yearbook (where I did get first page!) because it's been six years but even at the beginning, I knew that this was home:

Dear YWS,

I haven't been here a year yet. I don't really feel that my posting here is justified but you've all made me feel so welcome and I love this site so much. I hope that I'll grow old here. I've loved writing with you all in the storybooks, playing chess with a few, reading your lovely comments on my writings and blog and reading and editing your brilliant stories and poems. I look forward to many more years on the site and here's my first few shout outs...

I did grow old here, I'm definitely feeling it now. I read this and I wonder, who is this girl? This slip of a 17 year human being?

Anyway, I'll be back soon to add some shout outs!

Actually, I just want to say have a good year everyone and I hope that when I'm 30, I still log on here every now and then. And I hope that when I'm 40, this site is still standing and when I'm 50, that I'm still in touch with some of you. This community is the lifetime type and maybe we'll be celebrating the 50 year anniversary in person.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:59 pm
Elinor says...

My spot.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:06 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

Did not know people actually reserved spots on a year book. ^^
This will do though.
... okay here goes.

I haven’t been on YWS even a full year yet, but I feel like it’s always been my home. I’ve made so many friends here, I’ve learned more from this site about anything and everything literary, and I really think I discovered something better within me. I know for a fact this website has made me a billion times more aware of other countries. I’ve developed a stronger love for real art (and not just doodling) because of YWS. I’ve experimented in many kinds of art that I probably would have never tried if it wasn’t for this site. I’ve just learned so much! I really feel like I’m a better writer, and I’m more inspired because of YWS. Before I came here, I wasn’t really sure of my writing skills, but now I feel like I know where I stand: I know much, but there’s so much more to learn!
YWS has pretty much been my life ever since I joined. >.>
I'd like to thank everyone for making this such a great 8 months, and I'm sure it can only become better.

Accomplishments these 8 months:
-Becoming a knight of the green room, and (so far) doing 35 green room reviews to obtain my horse
- Publishing 35 pieces on YWS
- Being a part of 2 radio shows, and listening to the others
- giving 119 reviews total earning me 3 stars.
-Modship
- Developing online social skills
- Making many new friendships that will last me forever. (Or at least a very long time)
- Altering my personality just the slightest, but for the better in my opinion.
- Learning so much. Oh so much.

Now for my shout-outs. I’m sure there will be many. Sorry if I forget anyone or misspell your username. XD (Alphabetical order) ((This is actually reaaaallly long so spoilers fix everything.)) [just realized that people probably search for their names with a ctrl+f command, and the spoiler would hide that. I'm sorry for the length guys.]
@567ajt: Your wacky wonderful poems are just that. Wacky and wonderful. Thanks for participating in that contest when no one else did. ^^ I’m still waiting for DoM. Keep up your blogging and your writing and your poeting.

@Alpha: You are so sweet and talented and lovely. I loved hearing you sing my version of that Beauty and the Beast song: that made my day. Thank you for alerting me that Molly Malone was a prostitute. I will never think about Dublin the same way again. XD

@AriaAdams: Thanks for taking care of my soul. It really means a lot. And aren’t I supposed to be receiving an apprentice education? ;) I really enjoy whenever you’re in chat, and I’m pretty sure the first time I was ever in chat, you were there. Thanks also for daring me to get that star, and I WILL get my next one before you do.

@Audy You make me smile whenever I talk to you. :) And you encouraged me on my first review day!

@Baal: To me, you will always be Lou. Thanks for sharing your wit and your music with me. I always enjoy those pictures you post on your wall. :)

@Blackwood: That song still gets stuck in my head, but I like it, so I don’t mind. Sorry I lost my voice after the 50th time singing it. And yes, I confirmed it, I may not be able to hit the C below middle C, but I can hit the D right before it. ^^ I also really enjoyed reading your stories and poems, even if we might have disagreed on what would be a fatal wound. Thanks for taking the time to talk with me every now and then.

@Blues: Thanks for being in chat almost all the time. I remember when I was still a fresh fresh Newb, I thought you were the coolest thing. I also thought you were like a 25-year-old woman. But shh, I never told you that. Your avatar never fails to make me smile, and I like reading the topics you post.

@carbonCore: You’re probably my favorite person here, cC. You’ve completely transformed my taste in music, introducing me to all these cool groups. You’ve taught me very interesting things in chat, and provided advice when I needed it. You enjoyed my art, and introduced me to that one artist with the foreign name (His art is really cool.)You were kind enough to listen to me about my ghost and whatever the heck I complained to you about. You also sat through that one video that I took of myself that I can’t even bring myself to remember, but I’m doing so now to thank you. That makes you practically superhuman. I’m also fairly sure we got married along the way… o_o
Just… Thank you so much. Let’s be Best Friends Forever and ride into the sunset and weep ourselves silly at the music that comes at happy endings.

@Carina:
We haven't talked much, but that should def change! You seem like an awesome person.
yeah I am, and yeah we should. 8)

@CowLogic: You’re pretty amazing, cow. Thanks for checking up with your “favorite grill” and for your wit. And for that one time that we were talking in chat, but I can’t remember anything we talked about, just that it was very philosophical, and I enjoyed it immensely. Also, I love reading your article in squills.

@Deanie: I remember some of the first pieces that I reviewed were your “Eyes Wide Open” chapters. I truly enjoyed reading those, as well as reading your occasional status update. You’re a sweet girl. <3

@GeeLyria: I loved talking to you in chat, and I feel like I learned a lot from you. I love your bright cheery attitude and your sweetness. Thanks for chatting with me that one time about uni, and I hope you’re doing well and can come back soon. <3

@GriffinClaw: Rawr! Thanks for that one time in the chat bar. That little conversation made my day ^^ Even if it did spill out mass destruction onto both your wall and mine. And I still have “Burning Wings” (and the tune I made up for it) in my head pretty regularly. And I just wanna flyyyy…

@Hannah: You were the best mod one could hope for. Your leadership in the KorGR was inspiring to say the least. I look up to your talent, and hope you can come back soon. May luck be with you wherever you go.

@Iggy: You are a wonderful and beautiful mod. Whenever you come to chat, you always make me smile too. Thank you.

@Lateritic: My Lillie! You are wonderful. Thanks for chatting with me so much. You’re a good friend.

@Lapis: (letiki)I’m glad I could get to know you and read about all your fabulous dreams, and see your art adventures and be puzzled by your programming ones. Thanks for all the huggles and those times in chat. ^^

@LosCadaver: You and I seem to have a lot in common, it’s kind of scary. I mean, we ate bagels on the same day, you and I both like hats and have a collection, there was that day you were craving Booberry cereal and I had just had some, and we have a very similar humor. Plus, I speak “Losonese” and type in your exact font and color. I wish you all the best in life, and that you can find your way. I’m sure you will. May luck find you wherever you are.

@Meshugenah: Thank you for being a wonderful admin, and for those times in chat and on the radio program. ^^ I enjoyed when you spoke.

@Nate: Just like everyone else is, I would like to thank you for creating this site and taking such good care of it, and being such an active founder. Thanks for making this site the beautiful, friendly thing it is today.

@Niebla: Thanks for all those times in chat over the summer. I hope it can be like that next summer too. You are really one of a kind. Plus you watched that one horrible video of me. Heh. That makes you superhuman. Thanks for always being so kind and creative and random. Thanks for your meows. ^^ I hope you get your gecko soon. Thanks for all the fish heads. ;)

@NoirLumiere Thanks for all those chats :) If you need me I’m here. I wish all the best for you.

@PenguinAttack: peeeennnguuuuuu! You’re wonderful. Thank you. I love you.

@Persy: I love your poetry, even if I can’t really understand it as well as I’d like to. Thanks for offering to explain it, and thanks for your help that time when I wrote “Paper Girl.” You’ve been a real help.

@PervadedByDarkness: Thank you for all those amazing times in chat. You’re the best man. :D

@Rosey%20Unicorn: I hope I did that space right. We’ll see. Thanks for teaching me how to do that, and also being a wonderful wonderful mod. I hope one day I’ll be as awesome as you.

@Seraph: Thanks for teaching me so many new things and for being you. Thanks for listening to my rant on chemistry. I hope you get to a time in your life when you feel you aren’t performing beneath your potential. Good luck seraph, you’ve inspired me. <3
@ShadowWings: Hello darling, thanks for being a good friend and for those times in chat. You’re pretty talented. <3

@Snoink: Thanks for being an outstanding moderator. You’re very funny and helpful. ^^

@spacesoldier: Thanks for reading and “liking” almost all of my works. That really means a lot to me. :D

@SparkToFlame: Thanks for being a good mod, and for chatting with me, and for your excellent poems.

@SquillsBot: you’re the best, and everyone on squills is too. I just looooove squills.

@Tenyo: Thanks for your wonderful times in chat. I always love talking with you. :) And I like your forum posts too, especially the smells ones.

@TheMessenger: Thanks for your extraordinary reviewing skill. Great job.

@TommySneak: M8, ur xsellint. Thanks so much for helping with that contest, and for being the best friend someone could ask for. I love chatting with you, and your sense of humor always makes me laugh. Keep being the most awesome person here, and keep being you, kay? ilu

@Vasticity thanks for all those times in chat. You’re a really nice person to talk to. <3

@VeerenVKS: We’re friends now, so I feel I must include you in this.

@wonderland: you’re so beautiful and fun to talk to. I love hearing about all the funny things you do at your university. Thanks for being in chat all the time. ^^ I wish you good luck.

And finally, I’d like to thank anyone I’ve forgotten, but should have thanked. I’d like to thank everyone who has reviewed anything of mine, or talked to me at all. It’s all of YOU who have made this so special to me.
Last edited by Rook on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:38 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

Well, my loveable rogues, where do I start? I began my YWS journey on June the 9th this year & I fell in love instantly.

I'd never shown my writing to anyone in my life before & I decided to take the terrifying leap of 'putting myself out there' on here! I've never looked back.

I've had some magnificent highs - being made featured member & joining the Squills team! And I've had some terrible lows - when you don't click 'Yes' to 'Is this a review?' on review day. OH THE PAIN!

Of course - this experience is being made extra special by a certain few individuals..

My fellow Squills scribblers - @Iggy, @Blackwood, @KnightTeen, @ShadowVyper, @CowLogic, @SparkToFlame, @Sapi, @AfterTheStorm, @megsug, @ArcticMonkey, @TheMessenger, @NightWolf, @KittyCatMeow and @whitewolfpuppy. Love you guys - we really do try so hard to bring you the most fantastical editions you've ever seen!

@HighTop - You have no idea how much I believe in you to be an amazing NOVEL author. You have so many great ideas & I'm excited to see what you come up with in the future. I will be there with my cheerleading pom poms!

@SushiSashimi333 - My fellow fantasy fanatic! Love talking about our latest library loves & adding to each others book lists! Any new suggestions?

@manisha and @KittyCatMeow- For always being the best team members on review day. Kitty - you truly are a magnificent leader & manisha for knowing and understand my ever lasting love of minions!

@Blackwood - for bringing out the competitive side of my personality every last sunday of the month! It's never quite the same when we're on the same team.

@Hannah - This girl is literally been there for me from day one! Whenever I've had an issue or a crazy question, she never lets me down! I always be thankful to you for pushing me to push myself on this site. I wish you all the luck in the world for whatever your life brings you next. <3

I thought I would also mention the person who writes the work that I most adore to read on here. I never thought I would love the style of someones writing so much when I was searching through the literary tab one day...but @RobbieFava literally blew me away.

I don't think he's known enough on here and you NEED to go and read his work. He puts so much into them and deserves to know how great they are! Here's a link - The Passenger

Love you gazillions & I sure am here to stay :)

Olive <3
Last edited by OliveDreams on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:51 pm
View Likes
SlushySlapped says...

(I'm not really sure what this is, but I'm 'reserving a spot?')

I'll make it nice later. XD

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:15 pm
Snoink says...

I am going to use this spot to talk about my love for these hot dogs. They are so delicious.

...I will probably edit this later. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

662 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 662
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:20 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

OK, lots to put on here.

Oh boy where DO I begin?

OK. First off, two awesome members who got me right at home and answered all my questions very patiently, @Iggy and @SparktoFlame, you gals are THE best at the business. Sorry all you other JMs. Try to be like them.

@KnightTeen has been a great helper as well especially on Squills. She also writes really good works. Go check 'em out!

@SushiSashimi333, I may have spelled that wrong again, she is really cool. She has written me some incredibly helpful reviews. One of my best friends on here. Oh, and @GriffinClaw is her really cool (BEWARE she is totally crazy!) friend, and they are both amazing writers. Check out their works or Griff may kill you in some violent fashion.

hey, there's this guy called @Nate. He is EPIC. Like he knocks everyone else down by about 7 kilometers or however many miles that is. Thanks a horde!

@Cailey for sticking to my stories faithfully and giving good, if not long, reviews.

@ChangeTheWorld for being super cool in just about everything.

@Cole for the great chats on our faith that we have had.

Uh . . . oh yeah!!!!! @Rosey%20Unicorn writes such good writing tips in the forums. Definitely go check them out!

My way-better-than-me-but-still-don't-get-angry-at-me-for-being-so-inconsistent Squills team. @KittyCatMeow, @OliveDreams, @ArcticMonkey, @Blackwood, @whitewolfpuppy, and if I am missing you I am SO sorry. You are all incredible!!!

Then there's monster reviewer @dragonfphoenix, ;) who is very good at his job.

@InfinityAndBeyond, one of the most amazing members on the site. She has made me laugh so many times. She's hilarious to chat with although you may end up talking about some strange things. Overall just a really awesomely cool person you need to meet.
Spoiler! :
The dandelion was sneezing, and sneezing hard!

If I missed anybody I will be updating and getting you in here. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! This has been such an amazing 4 months! You have made me feel so welcome and I have enjoyed it so much. I look forward to 2014.

GOYWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Messenger on Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:43 am, edited 6 times in total.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:55 pm
View Likes
KittyCatMeow says...

I'll go little by little so I don't miss anyone in the last minute. XD I'll delete this message once I'm finished 'kay?

Year 1 of active YWSing. What fun! (I joined in 2012 but never became active until 2013 due to... erm... first impressions.)

@Letiki -
You seemed to please me by chatting first. Darn, I never knew this existed, and thus, did not know that I should've taken screenshots.

Yes, this extraordinary person randomly said hi, and *twirls* is still my lovely human friend since then.

@SushiSashimi333 -
Sushi is sushi. 'nuff said.

The world needed you to find me, and as a matter of fact, together, we managed to create the Welcoming Committee a better place. @thewritersdream helped immensely as well.

@Carina -
You were great in my hope to see some good other animals. Of course, you turned out that you may be a hybrid of some sort, but whatever. Nonetheless - awesome.

OH AND DANCING BLOBS 4EVAH

@FireFox -
A fiery villain in Review Day! You, my foxy friend, you were an awesome rival that managed to beat in the end after all!

@Blackwood -
At first it truly was a strange entrance. We managed to bond even so. Lighty was a horrid villain though. Does anyone remember?

@Hannah -
You will never be forgotten, love! An amazing gal that never gave up in the end, and only put real life ahead of YWS when it was necessary. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 My heart goes to you.

@Iggy -
Remember that one Review Day? It was my very first, and you were leading it to victory.

The Fireflowers! Ring a bell? It was something like that. <3 <3 <3

@Wonder -
It's strange that you're not as active as you were before, but you were also one of my first friends.

The memories <3

@WCBot -
One of the greatest bots in history.

@SquillsBot -
The greatest bot in history.

@manisha -
Too awesome. Will forever be remembered and still will <3

@umaima -
Where are you? I NEED YOU BACK ACTIVE.

A great friend that helped me put myself together in need. :) Thank you.

@Jonathan -
I remember that you were once in that Puss avi as well as in a different username. I can't quite remember. Can you?

@GriffinClaw -
You were EPIC.

*bites*

@VeerenVKS -
Screw the comment.

I hate the spam. Carina is with me. Remember that jam? <3

@dutifulwriter -
You're not so far away from the time I knew that you were slightly new to YWS. The memories. <3 Welcome, as always, love.

@KnightTeen -
I wasn't that familiar with you, but I often casually strolled over to you. :D Such fond memories, my dear. <3

@OliveDreams -
You were an amazing co-leader with me when we had Review Day on Pluto. <3 <3 <3 I still remember the first review day of yours when you sped past the other top reviewers earning 1st in such a quick amount of time. <3 You're still great, love.

@SoundsOfLife -
My dear, you became such a great friend to me in such a short amount of time. We don't chat so often now, I miss you greatly!

@devigonewild -
I remember when you were still new, but we became so close to each other! We totally need to talk soon. Missing your voice!

[Constructing...]

NOW THE IMAGES!

Image It was so recent, but it'll be sure to ya know, go down in history. <3
Image YWS default background 4ever~
Image </3 What happened?
Image I'm so self-centered.
Image Is YWS's clock messed up somehow or what?
Image OMG WHUT?
Image Dancing <3 Blob
Image Will I ever forget the crushing pressure of having to choose?
Image <3 @Wonder, finding nemo buddies.
Image :3 Sorry, was getting too confident in being a human. *paw

[AND MORE TO COME!]
Last edited by KittyCatMeow on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
Whee. I don't even know what to put here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:56 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Pssssh, reserving spots are too mainstream! *wow so far away from page one wow*

Well...here goes.

@Iggy
Dude. How do I even put our crazy friendship into words? Oh maaan. I remember coming back from YWS really randomly one day, and I happened to come across your profile and was all spazztastic and wow look at us now. Do you remember when we sang stupid songs for hours? Okay, that was a lie; we screamed stupid songs. Then we sent stupid pictures (that I wished I saved...DANG IT) and it's like the stars aligned. Igs, you are my bruh. <4 We've been with through each other thick and thin, and we even became nooby little greenies together! I can honestly say you're my first friend on YWS, and you helped seal me into this fantabulous site. You da best. (And just so you know, sometimes I look through a certain ducky photo and laugh. ;))

@VeerenVKS
you stink go away
um
coughcough
cough
(I'm coughing 'cause you smell.)
So you're kind of funny and entertaining, except on the days when you're lame, which is everyday. You're also a great friend and you make my life semi-enjoyable.
Other than that, you suck.

@Blackwood
Blaaaaack! Remember how we used to spend hours just talking on the warm summer nights (well, summer here, anyways) about random stuff? And how we drew random pictures? Ohhh man, those were the days. I promise when I can be more active, those days will return! Really dude, I spent most of my summer nights just chatting. xD I'm glad we're good friends—all because of your violin avatar.

@Aquestioning
I miss you! What ever happened to our quadruplepelpel or whatever they call a four-person group? Aqqqqq, come baaaaack! I miss your stalkerish Aq-ness, don't you see? I know I won't be completely active at least until spring rolls around, so promise me that when I do come back, you have to too. IT'S A PROMISE OKAY DONE DEAL

@Deanie
Beanie (mweheehe), you've gotta be one of my favorite people ever on YWS. You're the nicest person I know, and I feel like we're old buddies! Whenever I just want to talk, I feel completely comfortable dropping by to say hi, and boom, instant conversation whether it be about our lives or Doctor Who. Thank you for being there for me, and stay awesome. <3

@AfterTheStorm
Speeeeaking of Doctor Who...you, along with Deanie, are my fellow Whovian! When I become more active, we need to have a Whovian talk, fosho. Haha, but Stormsie, you really do make my day, and you never cease to make me smile. <3 Stay rad, okay?

@ArcticMonkey
Tammy! I miss you too. You're amaaaazing, and YWS absolutely needs to see you more around! I miss our little chats and random conversations (remember that voice thing with the British/America accents? xD), so we need to have another one ASAP! Anyways, Tam, thank you for the year and the years to come.

@Jony
Where are ya, man?! I miss you! We'd have the best conversations ever, and maybe, just maaaaybe if you're on more, you can convince me to watch Avatar. (Just, ya know, maybe.) Thank you for being a great friend, Jony old pal.

@thewritersdream
Dreamy AKA the first person I gave a review to this year! We share a lot of silly memories together...and let's not stop that, lol. Continue being awesome and "dream on and on and on." ;D

@dutifulwriter
Gaahhh I miss you too. It's been a while, so we should catch up sometime. We also share some silly memories, and those were the good old days. Thank you for being there for me. <3

@Alpha
Hi Alpha bby. <3 ilu but don't tell Igs shhhh.

@Snoink
AKA Karina AKA wannabe Carina. 8)
You are one of the best mods (like, ever) and oh my gosh how do I even describe your holy awesomeness! Not only can you help me out on agonizing calculus, but you make me laugh all the time. I hope we can be able to talk more this year and the years to come, and I wish good health to future baby Snoink. <3

(I swear I'm ending each paragraph with a heart. <3 <3 <3<3 ,#,3#<#<#wafflehearts)

@KittyCatMeow
You are one crazy amazing friend. Your randomness always makes me smile. <# Stay rad right meow and for the years to come!

@fortis
We haven't talked much, but that should def change! You seem like an awesome person. <3

@567ajt
Wishing you luck on your music! Thank you for the year. <3

@Baal
I'm still gonna call you Louie okay okay. You're a music genius, and I always laugh my booty off whenever I'm with you. Thank you for the year, and try not to kill me laughing or showing me amazing-musicness.

@Rydia
Oh, Heather. I wish we could have talked more! You're so nice and you're a great role-model to all of YWS. Thank you for being there for me as both a friend and a mod!

@Hannah
We all already deeply miss you! You were an awesome mod—one that I looked up to. Even so, I hope we can talk some more. You're so friendly and helpful, and you were an excellent Squills manager. Thank you so much for being there, Hans!

@Blues
Cousin Blues! It's been a while since we talked; that needs to change! You're a a great guy, so thank you for being there. <3

Shoutout to other mods: @SparktoFlame, @rosey%20unicorn, @AriaAdams, @GeeLyria, @Tenyo, @JabberHut, @Skins, and @niteowl
Thank you for being great mods. <3 (Hoping you'll come back, Gee!)

Shoutouts to other people: @CowLogic, @VeniVidiVici, @ReisePiecey, @TheMessenger, @Dante, @AdventurerDaniel, @Sunshine, @Cailey, @ChangeTheWorld, @manisha, @ShadowVyper, @fireheartedkaratepup, and @Hearts!
Whether you're a fabulous reviewer, storybooker, member, or friend, thank you for being there. <3

And nooooow for some pictures!

I have a YWS folder saved on my desktop. It kind of just accumulated random snapshots of YWS-related things, but there are a couple here and there that I must share for this particular post. heeeheee

...what am I doing.

Saucery. ;)

cough

This was one crazy day.

The curse of a comment.

This is not really relevant, but I looked through old posts one day and the Carina in 2011 made me lol.

Note: I never gave the points back.
(This was an old glitch when the new point system came around. HE STOLE MY POINT.)

Pick-Up Lines 101

I blame a certain moderator who likes pigs...

Now for proof of the quotes in my signature:

Oh, and what's that?

A huuuuuuuuge thank you to @Nate for creating the site!

Thank you, Natester, for creating my second home. <3
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:11 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Alright, fine, I'll do this.

So I figured it's time.

Since I joined YWS in December 2012, the 2013 was practically my first year here! I am not the person for heartbreaking stories filled with emotion and memories, so that's not gonna be a part of this post, but I won't lie, YWS has done a lot for me this year. It helped me improve my writing - before it, I barely ever wrote anything in English, and now I barely write anything in my first language - and it connected me to some amazing people. And that's not a little thing, I don't often find people amazing enough to tell them that :mrgreen:
It's kind of funny how I found this site searching for scholarships and loans and other sorts of offers for young writers, as well as camps, and ended up sticking around. When I'm concerned, forums and sites I join tend to die quite soon, I had never expected to find what I've found when I first joined. It's not just about writing itself, this place is just so much than just a site to post your works on. It's a ship with a crew full of awesome, often crazy, friendly, smart, deep, troubled, spirited, messed up characters people with tasty souls, and there are actually people on here who could say they know me. And by that I mean, really more or less know me, and are still here, and I'm not used to that.

Anyway, we all know what YWS can do for us, and what it had done, so let's skip more of that, aye? Aye.

In no particular order:

@Griffinkeeper ~ You were the guy who got me into Storybooks, and even if you regretted it (have you? o.o), I am really thankful for it. It connected me with some great people and great writers, and it even got me JMed (among some other things I guess). So thank you~

@reason ~ you do know i love you right? even after actually talking to you many times ;) i'm always around for whatever you feel like talking about..oh and also you're the person i picked up a smiley from c: so yay. c:

@Rosey%20Unicorn ~ You're just a really smart, really amazing person, and I love stalking your posts in the Resources forums :mrgreen: You also told me a lot about history of SBs and YWS in general, and there is just so many topics I feel like talking about whenever I see you. Will you butcher my plot idea once I come up with it? c:

@Tenyo ~ I won't forget our pact! Thanks for all the WWs, both those passed and those to come, and for listening about my rambling about plotless novel and Lain's ways of persuading August, and for all the lovely moments in chat! You too are a really smart and really amazing person, and one of the rare people - if not the only person, heh - whose moments of childishness I absolutely adore :mrgreen:

@Adnamarine ~ I'm really glad you came back to YWS just around the right time to meet me :3 I love seeing you in chat (especially when you make the subject be about me, duh), whether we're playing games or discussing something writing-related. You also give great advices, and I totally need to actually send that postcard already oh wow I just remembered o:

@Baal ~ Bro<3 (you get a heart 'cause it's a special occasion) I love discussing next victims contractors with you, always have and always will ;) You're also a vey talented person in many ways, but you know that already and no need to stroke that ego any more than this!

@carbonCore ~ <3 You're just.. askfhwedk. Going into details about everything we were/are would just take forever, and on the other hand it's all about the details. I'll just say you're the person who got me to video chat and call, however rarely it was, and also the person who gave me music and also someone I can have long talks about drugs with and also honest and a great writer whether you realised that or not and also I'm rambling. I know I can come to you whenever I need to talk and I hope you know it's the same vice versa. Let's keep that.

@Meshugenah ~ we didn't actually talk all that much, but I know a lot about you O.O I've heard legends, even! But seriously, I always like running into you in chat, and I will for sure keep stalking you ;) Oh and I can spell your name without checking on your profile :mrgreen:

@Rydia ~ Captain my captain :pirate3: I think, and I'm most likely not saying this to flatter mindlessly, that you are both an awesome person and an awesome admin. I love your SB characters, your enthusiasm, your seriousness and the lack of it, and I'm just really glad to be part of your crew c: I just also really wanted to mention you next to Mesh.

@Nate ~ not only have you created all this, but you're also simply a really cool person to talk to ^^ I love the moments you're in chat, those should be more frequent! I also love how much effort you put into this site and hence the rest of us, and when you tell the little new one-year old me about the history of YWS :3

@Alpha ~ you tend to be so random and I find you interesting in so many ways! :D And you also like GoT and the rest of the books of the series, and I just want to tell you about so many spoilers so hurry up and read them all!

@kayfortnight ~ It's always a pleasure SBing with you :3 You're so dedicated to every SB you join, and I love how our characters go together ^^

@VeerenVKS ~ I will let Reggy speak for me ;) All the nagging I do, I do because I really like your characters and your style of writing.. and also thank you for keeping me company in random night/morning hours in the various pads, making me grin, introducing me to FBI, Sarah, DeadPeter and all the other alts cool guys, and listening to my ideas and plotting even though that's not your thing. Oh and also we share love for fire, so yeah xD

@ShadowVyper ~ Apart from making me feel like a completely irresponsible student (that's right, I'm comparing myself to you and blaming you for everything xD), you're also a person I really really love talking to. You know how to listen and give advices, you speak sarcasm, you're smart and funny and pretty.. and you made some of the best characters I've had the honour of making miserable :twisted:

@megsug ~ You're one of those people I am really happy to have met through SBs! I love talking to you, whether about writing and novels (and characters sharing the name) or any other random topic that comes up. I am also glad to see you doing such awesome job as a JM, though I have never doubted it would be so in the first place!

@Blackwood ~ Even though I don't agree with your claim one can divide people in "love them" and "dislike them" group, I would pick the former for you ;) I enjoy the conversations we end up having whenever you poke me in chatbar, and I think you're a really great writer with tons of potential to be huge influence on more people than you could even imagine. Oh and in some things, you're just really really like me, and that's both slightly creepy and very interesting :3

@Niebla ~ If there was a gecko smiley, I'd spam you with it till I'd get banned. Seriously though, you're an amazing person, do you even realise that? I love your writing style, your way of thinking, the random things we talk about.. You were (and still are for now) the first person from YWS whom I met offline, and that summer was one of my favourite ever. Just thinking of all those walks and beaches and exploring and the shark and mad tea party and signing the rock in made-up alphabet makes me grin.. and also makes me really nostalgic xD <3

@niteowl ~ Our encounters happen to be so random, yet I am really fond of them! I'm always happy to spot you in chat, and I'd like to repeat/continue writing in SBs with you :3 Oh and have a dancing elephant ;) :elephant:

@Auxiira ~ Auxii<3 You too look really good in green ;) I love talking to you, RPing with you, fangirling over GoT with you, talking about random topics and all the other weird and less weird things we do! You're always so light and adorable and nagging me to death about lines, and so enthusiastic about every Storybook and character ^-^ I adore our collaborations, and thank you for the Christmas card (and teaching me it says stuff for you) :D

@fortis ~ dearest apprentice<3 I am totally teaching you without even letting you be aware of it O.O After all, that's what our contract was, and I do enjoy the company of your cookie-devouring soul :3 I love our conversations in chat (even the mindless gushing), I love your poems and your reviews, and you make a great addition to the mod team. And all the other things. And the fact you're a reptile person!

@Letiki ~ the ancient mortal with awesome dreams and art which I enjoy stalking :3 I always like it when we catch a moment in chat to say a few words to each other ^-^

@ReisePiecey ~ You're a wonderful SBer, and a person with amazing and often dark imagination, AND you like Stanford's Prison Experiment. Enough said<3

@EllaBliss ~ even though you're very new, you were part of this site in 2013 and definitely deserve to be mentioned here. Honestly, you remind me a lot of myself when I first joined, as far as SB activity is concerned, and I like that. I love your enthusiasm and your eagerness and ideas, as well as the way you can deal with more serious topics and handle other people's opinions even if you disagree with them or even feel offended by them. Also, magic should totally mix into every part of life ;) I hope you stick around :3

@CowLogic ~ <3.

@Alvarin ~ I considered writing at least a part of this in (bad) Swedish, but you'll have to wait till next year to see that ;) You're the person I've spent countless sleepless nights with in random talks and even more random RPs. The person whose characters work so brilliantly with mine whether they're lovers, opponents, acquaintances, strangers or family, or two or more of the mentioned, the best teacher, the best worst influence when it comes to studying and attending uni, and the person who not only withstands all my rants and psychopathic moments, but also links me videos on torture devices when I feel down. I mean, who does that x3 You also get beauty underneath ;) (I should see that movie again..) and if nothing I said so far made you freak out and/or back off, I doubt anything will c:
Oh and last but not least, I'm placing veto on calling you Alvie. I did that first and shall be the only one O.O

It's 5 am, dearest YWS, so this shall be continued at some point later today (when I wake up, that is). I believe this list speaks for itself - I couldn't think of that many people from my offline life who'd deserve to get on this kind of list, not in a million years.

Yours,
the demon who'll eventually get to take care of ALL the souls c:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:04 am
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

Where do I begin?

Okay..so. I can't believe I'm doing this, but I think I'm in the right emotional mood right now to be able to actually write this all out as passionately and honestly as possible. So, note to those who don't know me, you might wanna just skip down, this is going to be LONG.

First of all: @Blues - We aren't the closest or the best of friends or anything (mainly due to me being off and on all the time) but I really respect you and appreciate you as a person, and on this site. You were the first member to welcome me. The first one to write something on my wall. I can't forget that. Thank you. You also encouraged me to chat and stuff. All around just nice. And we like the same music, yay!!

@Matthew - Thank you for encouraging me when I first got here. I just went back and read all the stuff I put on you. It's funny how I just now understand what you were trying to tell me. I really think that God's gonna use you for great things! Thanks for being a good friend too. : )

@JaneAusten - I admire your faith. Throughout your time here you encouraged everyone whether they believed or not with the bible verses you quoted as your status. It was always something I looked forward to when I first joined. Thank you for that.

@murtuza - you were one of the first people to greet and welcome me as well, thank you so much for that I appreciated that a lot!

@EvensLily - Thank you for being a sweet person and also a FANTASTIC writer. Your work has been underrated and I wished more people could have read what you had written. You wrote like a novel writer and it was because of you I even dedicated myself to the site more in a way. I wanted to write like you. You are an EXCELLENT writer. I hope whatever you do, you don't stop writing.

@fireheartedkaratepup - I liked you. I always have, you're a really cool person in the sense that you always say what you mean and mean what you say, at least that's what I've thought. And you've just been an encouragement to me and I really think you're a great person!

@Justagirl - I think I speak for all of us when I say, WHERE ARE YOU?! :P I miss you, and our little chats. We didn't talk so often but you were always nice. : )

@Deanie....you are such an amazing person. You and I have been friends for the longest time, and yet, we don't know so many things about each other because I'm not very good at spending a lot of time in deep convo with people sometimes. Sometimes I just wanna hide my life away so only the little stuff I share. But with you everything is deep, you're just such a deep person, you have deep soul and a deep heart, and you remind me of the kind of friend you waits for you to open up and such. <3 Thank you for being that friend. I really think you're one of the sweetest people I know. And WHOHOOOO, we made The Food Lover's Club together! XD Thank you for keeping it alive, haha.

@Lyricalias - hi. YOU ARE THE MEANEST PERSON EVER AND I HATE YOU SO MUCH COME BACK PLEASE. XP okay...now that that's out. We were going to write a book! We had plans to watch movies! We celebrated the new years together! And then you left! *punch* I miss you! And I don't know if I can talk to you anymore or if you just suddenly hate me and are ignoring me. I don't know! So you need to tell me. I miss our friendship. and how wo xi huan ni. I miss it. And since I'm different, it would've been different. Anywho, you need to know that you are still on my mind and you were such a wonderful person to talk to. I'm glad to see that you still love Phineas and Ferb. I still love that show too. It's how we met. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and that you read this. 'Cause I love you.

@hudz96 - I am crying, hudz. It's not fair. I miss you. I miss your spontaneous-ness. I miss how we danced : ), how we danced all over my wall! I just miss you. And I'm thinking and praying for you. I hope you're happy, I hope you're safe, I hope you're still having an education, I hope that things will be okay with you, and that you're having a good life. I don't feel happy you got married so young, but I hope you're happy nonetheless. I hope you are. <3

@CowLogic - wow. lol. Those are the words that come to mind when I think of you. You're so funny. I remember saying that on your wall and then it leading to you asking me to marry you somehow. LOL. That was freaking epic. And then I broke up with you because I felt you and @indieeloise should be together and because @Lylas was bothering me being an over-protective sister and all. XP Those were the days man. I miss really talking with you. I feel like you've closed up to me, don't please. I need as many real friends as I can get, and you're one of them.

@dutifulwriter - You came to mind, just now. You are so sweeeeet!!!!! <3 YOU ARE LIKE THE NICEST PERSON EVERRRRR! And such a fantabulous friend. hahahaha, I do remember that whole Paige and Veers thing, it was so dumb. But it was so funny. And I loved spamming your pageee!! XD It was loads of fun. Most of all though I loved that one time when I was just about to start school and we had this long conversation and such, it was so awesome. I also miss being super crazy with you. haha. We're just crazy like that. This year wouldn't have been the same without you. Our trio needs to come together sometime again (@VeerenVKS)! Or rather our whole group: @Paige, @CowLogic, @Blackwood, @Aquestioning... I miss those daysssss!

@Paige - I just wanted to mention you are such a cutie and a wonderful person and just gah! I want to hug you one day. And sorry that we never got virtually married. :/ It was so sad. <3 you! Miss you!

@VeerenVKS - You are the biggest, fattest, most annoying, jerkiest idiot I know. And...I love you. I hate your guts.
WARNING THE TONE OF THE WORDS IN THE SPOILERS MAY HURT SOME EYES.
Spoiler! :
As hard as this is for me to say in public and for other reasons which I shall never mention, you are nice. haha. You are the most annoying nice person I've ever met, but when you want to, you can be even sweet. (I really can't believe I'm typing this) Anyways...so, we haven't been friends for super long, but like you said on your wall I feel like I've known you for much longer. Like you're the annoying yet cool guy friend I've always wanted and never had. And as much as I hate saying this in public and for other reasons, thank you. Thanks for the times when you were really encouraging to me and you were the only one I could talk to. Other than that I really hated talking with you, you big jerk. Also though, you're too easy to like, and that pisses me off more than anything else. STOP BEING SO CHARISMATIC. xp JK, not really. haha. Anyways, you're pretty funny too. You made me laugh like the entire summer. You also admitted I was awesome which was cool. You also need to stop drinking, yes, I did say that publicly lol. ;) :P
And you know how and you know why, but you broke my heart you big jerk. But you're always one of my best friends here for certain reasons. And I hate you, so weird isn't it? XP Anyways (third time) I will never like being called lowy-poo. but you can still call me it. xP

@Letiki AKA Voldoymyr You are so interesting. And I mean that as the highest compliment ever. You are just so interesting and I really enjoyed discussing with you about life and everything, you're the one person who I've really been talking serious things with and I loved that we could be both serious and silly with each other. You've been such a wonderful friend to me. Thank you for taking the time to help me all those times you did. Thank you for watching My Fair Lady with me, that was so freaking awesome! XDD I'll never forget it. Seriously I think I've never had so much fun watching a movie. Thank you for being the first person I really ever talked to outside of the site. You helped me to be a much more braver person and step out of my shell (afraid of posting stuff on the internet) I've been sometimes not the best friend to you, and yet you've still been really nice to me. Thank you for that. There is such a long list of thank you's that I have to you. I really am glad that I decided to talk to you that day and we had such a fun time talking thereafter. I miss how we talked before, I feel slightly like we've both changed. You'll always be my first outside the site friend here though!!! I miss you in general and I feel like we need to catch up. : ) And we still have to check out the hangout thingy right?! YES. Yes we do. <3

@Blackwood - Sometimes you are the nicest person on earth to me and I feel like nobody understands me better and I pour out my heart and soul to you and tell you about my whole life story and such. And sometimes you break my heart and don't even realize it. That said, you're so fascinating and I will never stop wanting to know your gender. XP But I am totally comfortable not knowing now. Anyways, love you, as always.

And nowwwwww....HONORABLE MENTIONS! (in no particular order aka off the top of my head)

Thank you @GeeLyria for being such an encourgaement to me. Thank you because you've made me smile multiple times and you're just such a fun person! XD Hi and thank you

@EnigmaticSpirit for your beautiful self and for making me smile and such, you're so sweet! Love you!

Wass up, @567ajt! Thank you for being my friend this year, I had SO much fun playing truth and dare with you that day. Also, all around we use to talk lots and chill out. Thank you for being (I think) the first one to hear and take interest in my voice.

Thank you @thewriterinside! You are such a nice person man, oh my goodness you are a fun person too!!! Lovely lovely lovely!

@SkyeJane you are gorgeous! Thanks for talking to me, it's been fun!

@SlushySlapped, you are HILARIOUS! Thanks for the fact that when I get to your wall it makes me smile. XD

@Snow, you beautiful girl. Thinking bout you<3

@TheMessenger - thanks for liking my post in the storybook that is still dying lol. Also thanks for joining and for contributing lots to the site!

@Auxiira - <33333 Thanks for writing and creating lovely story peeps with meeeeee! XD

@therealme - love your poetry girl!!

@Vasticity - XD you made my day many times with the food you put on your wall. I liked chatting with you whenever I could.

@TimeWillRemember - I haven't forgotten you! We still need to write something together. And I am genuinely wondering how are you doing?

@manisha - MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY <33333 Without you I wouldn't have the awesome banners I have. Thank you also for all the encouragement you've given me!!<3 Oh and youaresuchanawesomepersonIhopeyourememberourcoolcodelanguage.

@SushiSashimi333 - Your idea changed this site forever! XD Thank you for starting that amazing club and trusting me, even though I haven't been so accountable lately, do have a part in it. You're so awesome!

@KittyCatMeow - You are funnnny! Thanks for being a part of the club and actually even being someone who introduced me to it. XD

@Carina - ily. haha, you're so cute and funny and wonderful and like so amazing and you CAN FLY. like what. FLY. XD thanks for our awesome convos.

@Iggy - you CAN SING. dajdpajsaihAPDWAFDIWOFHOWIHFIOH XD thanks for being such a great friend even though we've only been friends for like a week now. You da best.

@ChangeTheWorld (I almost wrote your username in all caps because I think in all caps when I think of you) You're personality is so AWESOMEEE. XD you make me smile. I miss talking with you. This is where my faults come in and stuff, sorry I haven't talked to you in a while.

@ everyoneelse. I need to round up but I know there are so many other people who have made my day before and recently oh! I remember @Dakushau and @Pompadour and @indieeloise!! You three are wonderful people who I appreciate and love. Indee, your writing is fantastic, I just want to confirm what you already know. @Dakushau you're such a great person. @Pompadour, you're my new bestie!! XD

Okay, now I really have to round up.

@ everyoneelse.

@ YWS - I haven't been the best member I've been in and out and I've not done as many reviews as I could have. Also I've tried to be a part of many things and have sort of not been able to keep it up. Shout out to @Hannah who has been really nice to me. To @Audy as well the poetry genius. I think I might have let you guys down and I'm sorry. I've felt extremely lonely in this site despite all the wonderful people I've met and I would be lying if I said I always loved this site. It's a great site, but there are somethings that don't have to be forced. Like should I really be feeling absolutely horrible for not reviewing? No! I feel sometimes there's too much pressure on one to, and then the review isn't natural. Encouragement is wonderful, but sometimes it comes out as pushing and the reviews come out as forced (for me). THAT SAID.

THIS IS THE BEST WRITING SITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD WIDE WEB. @Nate thank you for making this site. I really appreciate it and I hope more people will come! I also hope I will continue to be a part of the site even though I am deciding to take a break from it for a while. Mainly for personal reasons, but also because sometimes the site becomes a place where I feel I have to perform and I don't want to feel that way. Not necessarily the sites fault or anything, just natural I think. Anyways, I dunno when the break will come but I think soon. And I'll miss you all when I take it.

To close here are some of the snapshots I took in YWS:
...I WILL POST MORE LATER <3 you all.
Last edited by Skydreamer on Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:07 am
View Likes
Ossum says...

Heh, Alright then. Place Holder for me too.
Never give up on yourself or others.
Fight for what is in your heart, not in your head.
And if it all comes down to it,
Die on your feet before yo live on your knees.

Chin up, shoulders back, smile on.

The mind of man is capable of anything - because everything is in it, all the past as well as all the future.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness