696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:13 am
View Likes
Audy says...

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

You may post anything you like: shout-outs to specific people, stories or poems you really liked, what you read this year, pictures, favorite quote, etc. However, you may make only one post! Although you can edit that one post as much as you like.

Grab your spots, sit back, and enjoy the memories <3 What an amazing year, everyone! And to those who are new with us, join in! You will look back upon it next year and smile.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:14 am
Audy says...

*I'll dibs this spot, and make it pretty later*

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:50 am
View Likes
beckiw says...

Even though I sometimes think I am outgrowing this place, I always find myself drawn back here. Even if I'm just lurking, watching what's going on and not participating much, I still love coming back here.

Everyone on this site is awesome and I know you'll all stay that way <3

Let's do some shout-outs -

@Sachiko @Lauren2010 @StellaThomas @RachaelElg - You ladies are very special to me. I wouldn't have written half as much this year without you guys and your encouragement. I love all of the worlds we've created and I love having such a talented group of ladies around me for support. I know we'll continue misbehaving in 2014 <3

@Demeter - Probably the best friend I've made on YWS. Somehow you never tire of talking to me and you never stop making me laugh. You're always there for me and I'm glad :)

@Cadi - *spills love on forever* You're nearly as amazing as me ;)

@Charlie II - I hope your dream of making a flute from a trolley will come true in 2014

@Meshugenah - You continue to help me hone my skill at insulting short people. Truly invaluable.

@PenguinAttack - ILU PINGU

@reason - I love our little chats.

@Blues - *pushes down stairs*

@Baal - BOB! (worst lil bro ever)

@ArcticMonkey - Music soulmate <3

@Mira - Possibly the loveliest person I have ever met. You never fail to make me smile.

@Adnamarine - Glad you're back around :)

@AngerManagement - *Squeezes with all the cuddles* I know you love them.

@Hannah - Hope you come back soon!

@Tenyo - Teeeeeeeny! Go to bed! You're too little to stay up this late!

@Auxiira - You're such a little sweety <3

@blimeylimey217 - You remind me that new friends can always be made on YWS.

Admittedly I had to go through my list to remember all the names (old age you know) and I realised that there are so many people on YWS that I love to bits that don't haunt this place as much. I won't list them all but I miss you guys and hope you pop up again soon!

Also, @Nate you're okay too.

See you all in 2014 <3
Last edited by beckiw on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:09 am
View Likes
Alpha says...

*Ich auch*

I know that if I started listing off all the members I want to talk about, I'll never finish. So let's just say that they know who they are.
Thanks for tolerating my presence, however crazy, angsty, whiny or boring it might be. I won't let it burden you any longer. Stay well. c:
Last edited by Alpha on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:36 am
View Likes
VeniVidiVici says...

I will always remember a simple poem that I loved. It's short and so powerful. I know people don't like haikus much, but this one was a winner. Check it out!

The Most Beautiful Melody
AlfonsoFernandez
~I Came, I Saw, I Conquered~

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:02 am
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

This is the year I entered YWS, so thank you to all the people who befriended me, helped me out by reviewing my pieces, and joined me to storybook. Too many to list here, that's for sure:)
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:17 am
Auxiira says...

DIbs for this place! 2013 isn't over yet!
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:06 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

I've been sort of slipping this year, but I can feel myself crawling back now that it's getting later in 2013... and hopefully I'll go back green soon! :D

@Charlie II continues being the best thing that's happened to me!

@beckiw is one of my best friends and I got to meet her for the fourth (?) time just a few weeks ago, which I think is pretty great. Even though she wouldn't have her picture taken...

@StellaThomas is such an amazing, hard-working doctor-to-be who I always have such fun with, even if we have both been busy and haven't been talking for a while. Sometimes there just are moments when you think "Omg, I have to tell Stella!"

@Cadi I got to meet for the first time and have now met her twice! The first time I was super nervous and dazzled by her wonderful hair, and the second time I was less nervous and dazzled by her smart evening wear! She is just dazzling! Also I'm not sure why she skipped a year in her own Yearbook post and wished everyone a happy 2015...

@Adnamarine I miss you.

@Elinor%20Brynn it's nice to discuss theatre stuff with you, and remember to believe in yourself!

@Meshugenah *bites*

@PenguinAttack <#

@Rydia and @Twit be careful.

I also turned 21, which I think is super weird considering I joined YWS when I was 15!

I know I keep mentioning the same people year after year after year, but I think it's a gorgeous sign of the fact that I've made some amazing life-long friends and connections here on YWS. And I'll never be able to thank @Nate enough for that.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:14 pm
View Likes
Dutiful says...

I don't think I'll be able to do this later, so I'll just do it now (:

I only joined this year and it feels like home already <3

Here are three of my favorite memories from this year:

#3:
When I woke up one fine morning to find 14 pages of spam on my wall (: @thewritersdream @VeerenVKS

#2:
When @Blackwood asked me to design @Carina's wedding cake xD And it was a huge flop thanks to my lack of photoshopping skills xD

#1:
Spoiler! :
@Paige @thewritersdream @VeerenVKS

Thanks to all my super awesome special friends for making this year so incredibly awesome! @thewritersdream @Paige @Cailey @ChangeTheWorld @Deanie @Dreamy @BlackNether12 @VeerenVKS @Alpha @Letiki @HighTop @SlushySlapped @Carina @Iggy @umaima @PervadedbyDarkness @Blackwood

And everybody else! <3 <3
Last edited by Dutiful on Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:23 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Spoiler! :
Alright, I guess I'll start on this now. I'll likely edit it later, as I remember more people.

I'm assigning you all smiley faces, that sum up our relationship the best...

@megsug for just being incredible. You have put up with so many bad jokes, and have listened to so many rants and mini meltdowns. Thank you for always being there for me, whether I needed a shoulder to cry on, or someone to vent to. You're a doll, and totally deserve your green. Congrats, btw <3 Oh, and your smiley would definite have to be: :backtotopic:

@Payne for also being such an awesome sister to me. You've also listened to a lot of crap, and talked me through many hard times. Thank you for being my light, and source of strength, when I didn't think my life would ever get better. You're seriously awesome. <3 I give you a stick, and permission to whack me with it occasionally, haha! :smt075

@VeerenVKS for always being able to make me laugh, and never minding when I needed let off some steam. You've brought a smile to my face many times when I was literally in tears more times than you know. Thank you for being there for me. <3 ...even if you do create some of the most annoying SB characters in the history of SBs. Lordie will fall. That throne is mine. Also, post Creyo. :smt064

@AriaAdams- I never realized how much of my clone you are, until this last year. Thanks for being creepily similar to me, and understanding me probably better than anyone else I know. Oh. And you're a great SBer. I'm really glad you joined WR2, and absolutely love LLL. They're my two favorite SBs of all time. I'd give you a heart too, but considering the characters we RP, that might just get weird. ;) Oh, and thanks for nagging me to post so much... I guess. :smt100

@Auxiira- you're a great SBer. I love Ludi a ton, and love the plots you come up with, even if they're tearing Thran's heart into little shreds. You definitely aid the force that keeps Veersies and I everyone posting. :smt117

@DeadPeter- You're an annoying little twat. :smt108 It's been fun. <3

@Baal- You have no idea how tempting it is to just write "ditto" for Petey's post. Seriously, no one else gives me nearly so much trouble with their username-- or makes such absurd claims about me (except maybe Veersies). How many times are you going to change it? :P Anyway, you're pretty cool. I enjoy the conversations we've had, and you're a pretty epic SBer, too. :smt028

@CowLogic- I really enjoy our conversations. It's refreshing to talk to someone with my political, social, and religious views, for once. And your wit kills me. I love talking to you/ observing your sarcasm around the site, so much. You're a great writer, too. Keep rocking. :elephant:

@Rydia- You're seriously awesome. I'm digging my green name. ;)

@Nate- You scare me, and I'm not entirely sure why. You seem really cool, and I am eternally thankful to you for making this site. I'm a billion times over a better writer because of it, and met some of the most amazing people I've ever known through it. You're a boss. Thanks. <3
Last edited by Shady on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:43 pm
Rosendorn says...

Let's stay on page one shall we?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:19 pm
beeyaay says...

OK, this is mine!!!!
Trendy by Dirah
The Crossroads
Cross your fingers and count to fun

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:42 pm
View Likes
WindSailor says...

Oh look at this. This is mine. :) YWS has been amazing. I joined this year, and have already met some awesome people. The next year is bound to be amazing as well. :)
Formerly know as Hsarver.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 pm
View Likes
Master_Yoda says...

I like pie.
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:14 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

Sits on spot.

ETA: Finally! A placeholder in the first page!

--

Lots to come, but first :

@Dreamy - who's an awesome person; and for making me laugh so much today, thanks to her avatar and background. (Nooru thadava sonna maathri! :P )

@MiaParamore : Sisterlylove. <3 When you see this, I hope your exams/prep went well. Come back soon.

@Twit : I love you! Your interestingly titled Pinterest boards. And your scarf. And for introducing me to what is known as a scoodie! XD

---

So, I forgot this! But just a huge groupshout out/thank you/Iloveyou/tackles to:
@Nate, @Meshugenah, @Rydia, @Snoink @Iggy @Sparktoflame @dutifulwriter @manisha @murtuza @Rosey%20Unicorn @Demeter @Charlie II @Clarity @Meep(: @Elinor%20Brynn @Adnamrine @fortis @Penguin%20Attack @shoaib @StellaThomas @ArcticMonkey @Carina @ScarlettFire @BlueAfrica @Adnamarine @Audy @Sachiko @ZLYF @DreamWork @Deanie @DukeofWonderland @ChocoCookie @TwistedMuffins @Wonder @Isha @JabberHut @niteowl @Pigeon @CelticaNoir @Master_Yoda
@carbonCore and @Juniper - must. put. plans. to. work. Like nowz!

If I've missed, forgive my addled uni-brain. Here's to more YWSishness!

<3
Last edited by Lava on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green