Young Writers Society

The YWS 2013 Yearbook

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:41 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

*group hugs* COME ON! JOIN IN EVERYONE!!! :D I LOVE IT HERE!!! <3 :D
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:58 pm
Cirute says...

Guess I should reserve a spot here.
"Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention."
-The Sex Pistols

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:08 am
View Likes
Cailey says...

*Decides I might as well take a spot myself*

I got to become a Knight of the Green Room this year!

I found out what Stars are and earned my first Blue Star.

I was asked to join the Junior Moderators in the Storybook Crew!

I did lots and lots of reviews and still didn't win on some Review Day.

I made like, actual YWS Friends that write on my wall! @ChangeTheWorld and @Dutifulwriter

And that write my PMs continuously: @VeerenVKS

And that chat with me whenever we're both online, which unfortunately isn't actually very often. But still. @TheMessenger and @Hm... I don't know what your username actually is. Will fix this later.

The end. Not really, but it is for write now because I have work to do and YWS is distracting me, like it always does, because I love this site and it always distracts me because I love it so much!!
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:14 am
View Likes
Snowery says...

Gotcha! :D
The World Is Mine.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:31 am
View Likes
Dragon99 says...

dibs on this spot:{D OK I'm going to start by listing every single one of my friends:
first off my besties, cause they're so awesome:
@EscapeToNeverland: For being inhumanly awesome, giving the best hugs, being astonishing and wondrous, beautiful and breath-taking, and being the most loveable girl ever. I COULD write a dictionary full of words to describe you, but I think 3 words sums it up: I < 3 you :{D
@whitewolfpuppy: For being just an amazing person and great friend, always chill, always there, always awesome:D
@lostthought: For being like the world's Wittest robot... exceeding even the great SquillsBot himself! Never the less, she's a great person and around fun person to hang with.
oh and fyi :{D is officially owned by me. Any that use it must pay a 5 dollar fee.

now I'm going to list all my friends on here, and I'll state my reason why they're such an awesome friend! hmmm let me see: [busy constructing]
Last edited by Dragon99 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Pen Is Mightier Then Dragon Fire

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:32 am
lostthought says...

Well I am new this year but I have a feeling I'll be here as the years come and go. I have already posted some works and got some awesome reviews on them. I have some shoutouts for YWS.

Well thank you @Lucrezia for your awesome stories. I know you haven't been here long but let's admit, your stories are great. In real world standards you are still a kid but in YWS you are ageless.

Let's not forget @Dragon99 my dear buddy. He is one of my bestest buddies and he always is a laugh. Although you never know what he is going to do next, you know it's going to awesome.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's @yubbies21 to the rescue! Let's admit, she is a great person. She lends a listening ear whenever she can. That's what makes her one of my bestest buddies.

One, two, Can everyone hear me? Great! Next up is @blimeylimey217. Just like yubbs she is there to listen. She is the person I talk to when time goes bad. Well, when she is on. She is the last of my bestest buddies.

If I didn't say your name don't feel bad. Maybe I don't know you or I simply forgot about you.

I started YWS this year in October when I moved to my new school. I spent that month sad and dark and I even wrote a few things where I had to go to the counselor. All I really want to say is that YWS rocks!
Last edited by lostthought on Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:48 am
Pamplemousse says...

RESERVED

Okay, now to start writing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

First off, the biggest moment of this year for me is...

*drum roll*

I JOINED YWS!!!!!!! :D

Okay, now for people!!!!

-----------------------------------

Alright, this is going to have absolutely no order, it's just going to be in whatever order my brain spouts out names.

Starting... Now~

@Seraph

@PervadedByDarkness

@LosCadaver

@Alpha

@TommySneak

@ShadowWings

@HerBugaboo

@spottedkit1999

@SoundsOfLife

I will add more people to this list (And descriptions, of course)
“Admire my gaytime in the mist of purple~” -lostthought, 2015.
~~~~~~~~~~~Usernames~~~~~~~~~~~
Pamplemousse (4/16/14-Now)
Lateritic (8/21/13-4/16/14)
Kittyz101 (3/11/13-8/21/13)

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:30 pm
View Likes
Demoness says...

Oh dear, I just realize how much I miss you guys! I haven't written much this year and been on here even less due to loads of caotic stuff but I just want to tell you all how much this site has meant to me! And even more important how much you all mean to me. Have an amazing 2014 writers!

Hugs&Huggsies // Saga The Demoness

(And for those who're aware of my rating system;
I give you all an infinite amount of spiders served on a platina plate / 5 'cause you're that great. Keyy!)

<3
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:46 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

*falls into YWS long enough to call dibs*

I've been pretty goshdarn invisible lately, which is because I don't have wifi for realsies, but whatever. I will do this thing anyway. And return permanently when I can. I miss you people.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:46 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

DIBS. I'll make this pretty later <3
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:56 am
View Likes
fireheartedkaratepup says...

@Vasticity is the bestest best friend because he's the only person who talks to me on a daily basis. <3 Also he knows video games and food and stuff. I be tired. Anyway he's amawesome and I love him like a brother.

@Actawesome is pretty cool too.
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:29 am
Maximilia says...

Dibbing this for later...

Random avatar

Reviews: 131
Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:46 pm
View Likes
DukeofWonderland says...

Just an overall post to YWS altogether:

I know *everyone* keeps saying this and here I go- This site is really, REALLY helpful for the young writers it intends to target. I can say that I myself have improved; what I write now is FAAR from what I would call 'good' but it's much better than what it used to be and I'm glad I can constantly get help on identifying what all I need to work on.

Every few days I'll meet a new person who'll say that they'd given up on writing because they couldn't see the point in it anymore; it's one of the fears I have, of giving up one of the few things I know I'm interested in. I feel that seeing others who are as enthusiastic about writing as me, has certainly helped me out.

So to all those people who give out your great constructive reviews, to all the mods who help keep all the randomosity from exploding, to all the awesome admins of the site, and to all the people who keep this place from vanishing - give yourself a nice big hug, you deserve it <3

Yep...I'm done being myself :P
Last edited by DukeofWonderland on Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it
regularly went cuckoo."
-- Terry Pratchett, "Wyrd Sisters"

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:27 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

Alright! I joined only a month ago, but I have been pretty active here. The highlight of my year had to be... Gosh, I don't know. This year has been a wild ride the whole time. I feel like I am on a roller coaster ride about all the time. So... I skipped a grade, I joined YWS(awesome!), but I think something else aces those. I ran my first two full marathons. Crossing that finish line put me in a special place in the world. Only one out of a thousand have done so!! Now, to give cudos to the awesome people on here.
Firstly, I am going to give a big cheer for @Deanie. One word for her, or perhaps two. Totally amazing. Amazing to talk to. Amazing to fight with. Amazing to review for. Amazing. :D I would have to say that I talk to her more than my friends that I actually see. ;) Thanks, Livvy!
Now, onto my sworn enemies, those terrible midgets. @InfinityAndBeyond, even though your lions have made me short, I am still not a midget. I will always rebel against your awesomeness. And I will constantly remind you that coffee is way better than tea, no matter if you drink it with you pinky up.
@AlexSushiDog, your acid has no affect on me. See? I type just fine. :P You and Infinity make the perfect midget team to decapitate me and parade around in midget land. Don't ever stop being positive and awesome!
@Ossum, you are the best song writer I have every seen. Honestly. You need to find someone to create songs for. Your always cheerful attitude is something that I think everybody at YWS is grateful for. Keep it up! :D
@AfterTheStorm, even though I am your respectful apprentice, who has much to learn, *bows head*, I think I can call you friend too. We tall people totally rock. But sadly, even the prospect of having cookies on our side hasn't brought very many members over to the tall club. :( So sad.
There are countless other people I have met and will meet in the future on this amazing site. @Nate, I thank you for building this site!! BTW, just to tell you guys, I had a problem with some mrsql on the site or something, and it seemed like in less than an hour after sending out my email, it was fixed. Amazing!!
@smile @Beeyay @GoldFlame(I'm still working on that story I promised) @Cheetah @IWantLifeBack @shinethroughthedark @SapphireFlames... I have probably missed quite a few, but there's some. You guys are awesome!!
I am doing my first storybook, too! I will probably have to ask @Rydia for help about a thousand times during the process, but it will be a fun thing to learn!! Crisis at Christmas! [Open and Accepting]
For everyone else, have an awesome Christmas and enjoy the next year!! 2014!
Last edited by TimmyJake on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:43 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

So hi everybody.

Real life treated me well for the first part of the year, but for the second part it really took over and I didn't have much time for YWS - I had to degreen, leave Storybooks and Squills, and it was pretty annoying. All the same, there are a lot of people that I feel like I should give a massive hug to as the year draws to a close.

@Demeter. I'm sorry we don't talk as much as we used to! I know we used to worry about this, that we would both get boyfriends and stop talking about boys, and then what would happen to our friendship? :P But it's not dead yet! I guess we've just both been super busy this year and you've been having so many adventures in England. You're still one of my best friends and there's a lot of things in this world that I feel I can talk to no one about except you. And for that, I'm always grateful. I guess we'll just have to make a New Year's Resolution to keep in better contact in 2014 :)

The Novelettes: @RachaelElg, @Sachiko, @Lauren2010, @beckiw. I feel like before Drache dragged us all onto a Facebook page, I never really knew you ladies that well. And I'm so grateful for everything that has ensued. Our little group is not just a good place to discuss plot points, working through the tangles of these novels that fill our heads all the time. But to me it's a safe place to land, you guys are always so supportive both about writing life and real life, and I get so excited to get a notification from any of you. Plus, this year I got to meet the lovely Lauren, Chiko and Becki you're next! You're all fabulous writers too, did I ever mention that? We're going to change the world someday, make feminist fantasy & sci-fi famous and generally just be fantastic.

@Meshugenah - I know we whine and shout at you a lot, but you really are wonderful. Never change!

@Elinor%20Brynn - our little chats are always so interesting, and you're a girl with lovely ideas. I hope everything goes your way now with college applications and everything. You really deserve it.

@wonderland - you are just one of the funnest people to talk to, mainly because I agree with you on just about everything! Plus your blog is amazing :)

@Lava and @Snoink - you ladies are so great with your biochemistry and your engineering and all those things that I could never do! I love hearing about it :) Also, you're wonderful. Never forget!

@PenguinAttack - you know, I wished I knew you better, because I always wish I had more to talk to you about :) New Year's Resolution- talk to you more!

@Rydia - I just don't know how you have so much energy! Seriously, you're constantly running from one thing to another and sometimes I think that the way that duct tape and the Force hold the universe together, you hold YWS together. Plus your recipes always look so yummy.

@Iggy, @SparkToFlame - I always think of you guys as "the newbies" but of course you're not, you've been here for a long time. Sparky you're always a delight, even on your down days. Iggy you're so friendly and I'm so grateful to you for being Lady S when I couldn't anymore. You guys are always fun to be around, whether you're upbeat or a little sad. You make YWS a brighter place.

To the storybook people: @Lumi, @JabberHut, @Rosey%20Unicorn et al - I'm sorry I couldn't be more involved this year, again, real life took too strong a hold on me. And so it goes. But you guys are great and who knows, maybe next summer...

Finally, to @Nate. Nate, I'm so glad that you didn't give up on us in the end. I know that YWS can at times be laborious, can be heartbreaking and unrewarding. And I thank you for sticking with it, for trying to make it the best it can be. Quite simply, we would not be here without you. And I think that the testimonies on this thread prove that you did a lot more than create a writing website, you have created a community. It is, I think, one of the most welcoming, nurturing, warmest places on the internet. A good portion of my best friends are scattered around the globe. And that's because of you. You have done something that has caused connections between people that otherwise might never have existed. We would all still be sitting in our bedrooms writing our novels with no one to share in our ups and downs. We would not have people ready to hug us when we had a bad day. And that is so amazing, and it's down to you. I cannot thank you enough for everything you have given us. I am grateful every single day of the year.

Six years I have been here. I hope I am here for another six, or thirty six.

Thanks for everything.

-Stella x
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

We join for the writing and stay for the community!
— Horisun