z

Young Writers Society

The YWS 2013 Yearbook

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:56 pm
View Likes
KnightTeen says...

We don't exaggerate when we say that this is our home, and that everyone is our family. For us, it is. The outsiders don't understand us, but that's okay. We don't need them to. My friends have called me crazy for getting so close to a website and people that I have never even seen or met. But the truth is, I don't need to meet you guys to know that you are amazing. I just know. And for me, I don't care that few people outside this place get me. No one really ever gets a writer, except other writers.

Writing a book is a horrible, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven on by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand.

George Orwell

A few months ago, one day in May, a teenager stumbled upon a writing site. Until that moment, she had never finished anything, not even a short. She had never really shown anyone her work, mostly because she was scared. She didn't think that anyone could ever understand her. She was wrong.

Thanks @Nate for creating this site. It helped to really, truly, create a person who is so different from the timid, shy teen who rarely showed anyone what she wrote. Thanks to YWS, I'm not afraid any more. Thanks to YWS, I became who I am today.

Shout Outs!!!

@megsug became my mentor while I was still toddling around YWS. She made herself available to me whenever I had questions or needed someone to talk to. A fellow Squillian, and a friend, I can never thank you enough. You got me where I am today.

@Iggy. @Iggy. @Iggy. We met while you were Ignorance, and my life has never been the same. She was the first person to post something on my wall, and hasn't shut up since. I talk to her at least everyday, about anything and everything. She has built me up and turned me into a person I would have never become without her. If I remember correctly, it was she who asked me if I would like to join Squills. A decision I will never regret, and always be grateful for. She says that she is my biggest fan, and while I don't argue that point, it's the other way around.

@Hannah was a mother to me, truly. She gave me advice, turned me into a reporter and a Knight, and taught me so much in the time that I have known her. I miss her, and hope that she comes back soon.

@TheMessenger, you are amazing. Nough said.

@Jcsmooth, you bounced into my life when I was in a really dark place, and made it brighter. <3

@KittyCatMeow has been my Review Team Captain, a fellow Squillian, and a friend. You're wonderful, and I'm sure I don't tell you that enough.

My other Squills brothers and sisters shall never be forgotten! @NightWolf, @Sapi, @CowLogic, @OliveDreams, @AfterTheStorm, @Blackwood, @ShadowVyper, @SparkToFlame, and the others who have recently joined or have taken a hiatus. I love you all.

I would attempt to tag all of my fellow Knights, but I have to finish the New Arrivals and do some work with Squills before the end of the day, so I simply don't have the time. Just know that you guys are the best brothers-and-sisters in arms a girl could ever ask for. YWS gave me a home, but the Knights and Squills give me a purpose.

Ugg, there are so many others I could mention, but I simply don't have the space to write about everyone who deserves it.

YWS has become a part of me that will never go away. I can't believe that I have been on here for almost a year now. So much has happened, so much has changed. I've changed. But I would never give it up. Not for the world.:)
Last edited by KnightTeen on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:04 pm
View Likes
Deadman says...

I remember joining a couple years ago, but it wasn't until this year that i started to get involved. This is really and awesome place to be. Some of my best memories happen to be from randomosity and all the people I met there. Especially these people. @Zolen @ForgottenSpellbinder @umaima
"If you're going through hell, keep going."
-Winston Churchill

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
-Winston Churchill

It is impossible to reason with idiots.
-unknown

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:04 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

MINE. Keep yer 'ands off of my lands!

So this year has been a good year for me. Lots of school pressure throughout but I'm going take so many good memories forward into next year and leave behind the ones I want to forget < 3 At the beginning of this year, I became green! While I've not been particularly active for large parts of the year, I love feeling like I'm paying YWS back for all the good things it's done for me in the 2 and a half years (!) that I've been here for. Then I had exams but I was given the *best* (quite literally) post-exam present when @OmarEhab came over for 2 and a half weeks. Those two weeks were incredibly fun - we did the macarena (instead of going to prom.... so worth it), watched Russell Peters, climbed walls, made yo momma jokes (we're 12 years old at heart) and skyped with so many awesome people - I can't even remember them all but @SparkToFlame @ArcticMonkey @PervadedByDarkness and @qaralynn were all definitely there :P Combine that with touring London and it was great!

Then Omar had to go (sad tiems D: ) and I got married to @Epicdonkalous at some point who also needs to get back on YWS and I also played the ukulele, played lots of COD, went to Paris, made great new friends (@Iggy and @Auxiira to name a few) and went into sixth form. But the main thing that has always been there for me is YWS. I don't know where I'd be without it or how I'd have turned out if it wasn't there. It was such a big part of my life and I'm so grateful to be part of this amazing community. You're all amazing and I thank you all. <3

Shoutouts! Too many to do in one go, so there'll be more to come.

@ArcticMonkey: Tams, how did we become friends again? I remember it was during February half term that we started talking a lot and something to do with twitter as well. Despite the fact that you're such a beg ;), I'm so glad that we became friends. I don't know who else would be able to handle my crayness, the one hundred million weird nicknames I have for you, the most ridik things I say, the one hundred typos I make every sentence and whatnot. :P But for cereal reals, I'm glad to have met you and thanks for everything <3

@OmarEhab: brother from another mother! You are an amazing person and I feel like we don't talk enough anymore. I still remember that racing game we played when we first met :') your visit was a highlight of this year and man, I'm convinced we're clones ;)

@Iggy: I'm going to leave it like this. For the suspense.
Last edited by Blues on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:27 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

*place holder*

Where do I begin?

First, I'd like to thank @Nate for creating this wonderful site. You truly gave me a place I can call home. If it wasn't for you, I would have never met the stupidly amazing people I am about to name off, so thank you. <3

Something rather strange happened at the beginning of the year. I became more active on the site. I also fell in love with a sexy man named Logan Lerman and one day, this weird girl posted a comment on my wall about him. And that is how @Carina and I became besties. It's been an awesome year knowing this lady who has some rather odd photos of me and knows me better than most people do. Love you Carrybear.

@Rydia, @rosey%20unicorn and @Hannah - the three mods that I look up to the most.
- Rydia, you're my wonderful British cookie, you'e always a pleasure to chat with and be silly, and you're my fabulous crew leader. I've always loved SBing with you and I'm honored to call you my friend. Years from now, I will still remember you as Kitty15, the GM who likes to wreak havoc and burn down the site. ;)
- Rosey, you're such a wonderful friend. Every time I mess up as a mod and start to beat on myself, you're always there to share your silly stories and remind me that everyone messes up and that no one is perfect. Thank you for your willingness to help me whenever I need it.
- Hannah, Hannah Hannah Hannah.. I cannot thank you enough for your help with Squills. You truly are the best EIC that we can ever have, and how can I ever fill your shoes? You are a powerhouse. You have so much energy and dedication, and I am really going to miss you. I pray for you often, and I hope your life settles down enough for you to come back to us because orange is an ugly color on you. You belong here.

I'm sorry happy to say that @Blues is my best friend, my British boy, my bad-curse-word-that-I-cannot-say-here, my ducky, my brother, and one of the most important people in my life. I cannot imagine myself not being you friend. You make me happy, you're always there for me, and I can honestly say I love you very, very much.

@Aquestioning is simply amazing. Thank you so much for all your help with Squills, and remember that we're still awaiting your grand return! Thank you for being my friend.

A big shoutout to my dream team on Squills - @themessenger, @whitewolfpuppy, @Sapi, @ShadowVyper, @CowLogic, @AfterTheStorm, @megsug, @Blackwood, @OliveDreams, @KittyCatMeow, @NightWolf. You guys rock!

Wait, I'm missing some people from the team.. right, like my amazing friend and editor @KnightTeen who gives some of the best reviews and is such a wonderful and awesome little lady. <3

My wonderful @sparktoflame, my beautiful Peyton who makes me smile and jealous because she's GORGEOUS. Love you so much, Pey, even if you are a ballerina. ;)

And, of course, my Tam, @ArcticMonkey. You're such a wonderful person, and I love you so much.

The wonderful @Snoink who isn't afraid to talk about weird things with me and is just a wonderful person!

My Pikachu, @JabberHut. I miss you!

I also miss you guys, @AlfredSymon, @dogs, @RoarShark, @Charlie II @Ranger Hawk, @GeeLyria, @MiaParamore. Please stay safe and come back soon.

@Demeter, @Audy, @elinor%20brynn @Meshugenah, and @Adnamarine are such pleasures to IM with on the chat bar!

My wonderful @Alpha, my wifey. I love chatting with you about weird stuff <3

My amor, @Mickixoxo, who I miss very much. You are the wonderful person who referred me to this site. Love you so much and I owe you so much for this.

@Lava and @niteowl are amazingly kind and friendly. :)

And we can't forget #larvey! @reisepiecey, making Lizzy and Harvey was the best thing we ever did. <3 Thank you @Craz for creating that SB. :D

@carbonCore is always wonderful to Skype and hear his awesome accent!

@Tenyo has a killer accent too~

Shoutout to my mods! @ariaadams, @barefootrunner, @Deanie, @PenguinAttack <3

@thewritersdream and @EscapeToNeverland - new friends!

And since I cannot think of any more people, I'll cap this off with the person that has changed my life the most. @veerenvks, thank you. Words cannot express how much I love you. You changed my life. You came into my world and you can't leave, because I need you. You are my best friend and so much more. I love you so much more than you know.

Overall, this was a wonderful year. Here's to many more. <3
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:47 pm
umaima says...

Got this place :D *Continues watching frozen*
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:13 pm
Skorpionne says...

*Grabbing a spot*
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:29 pm
megsug says...

~spot~
Test

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:40 pm
AlmondEyes says...

*Takes spot like hooded ninja then disappears*
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:43 pm
Sassafras says...

*posts a 'Reese was here' sign*
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:01 pm
Nike says...

DIBS ON THIS SPOT!
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:46 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

Okay, okay okay, I know this is January but I've been really busy! And I still have tons of reviews that I promised that I should be doing and schoolwork due in two days and I want holidays again. But 2013 was a good YWS, better than my school year and my home year. And things have been pretty hectic in real life with my sisters disease deteriorating, my attitude becoming a problem and well lots and lots of arguing here. And I probably don't mention much of it on YWS because it's nice to have a place on YWS where you can escape it all. And this has been a wonderful place to do it. So here goes to all the people who made it happen.

@AfterTheStorm You are awesome! We need to talk more :o And this TARDIS is going to happen, and I'm looking forwards to hearing opinions on Capaldi when it's due time ^^ Also, you are beautiful ^^

@Carina Following suite, you are one of my people in the Doctor Who clan. It's great to fangirl with you :D Also, I hope you have an easy year and we can talk more again! <3

@thewritersdream Your yearbook message to me was so nice ;) <3 I WILL be answering to your PM when I get some time to breathe and write it all down. Also, thank you for being so patient. I'm here to talk to or talk with whenever you need, and I'm sure we're going to continue being best friends. Also, continue using that amazing voice of yours <3

@fortis D: I think my notifs forgot to send me a message when you mentioned me in the yearbook! I only saw it now! I love reading your poetry all the time ^^ I also think we should talk more! You're just as fab as fab can be. (The novel you mentioned is going to be appearing here soon again. ;) )

@TimmyJake You are a craxy onetasker who is pretty new but already a great mate! I hope you stay as weird as you are now and looking forwards to more convos that should be ending but take forever to in the future.

@Shinda Thank you for all your music, and film suggestions. Thank you for being a great friend and a constant listener. I hope your exams go well, and then later on you have time to write your story. It is a good idea, and a writer needs to write hm?

@Angelreader77 TIME TWIN WE HAVE OUR BIRTHDAYS SOON! You are wonderful, fab, amazing, heart-warming and every single other complimentary word I can think of. I love you <3333 You're like a sister to me, and you better not leave this site writing or not (though I'm always going to prefer writing! hint hint) and yeah, I need you. Just stay

@D4RKR4VEN I think you've left but I miss you and talking. I hope you come back soon.

@maryanne YOU! BE HERE MORE!

@Adriana You're not around but you were the best big sis ever, and I will not forget that!

@qaralynn I hope you're having so much fun at uni ^^ I miss you sometimes, but when you do come on it's so great to catch up and talk :) I wish you well and you're always in my prayers ^^

@InfinityAndBeyond and Shakespeare I have decided that KFC is not that great. I think Morley's is ten times better, you need to try them! I am glad you found your earring. Please keep posting those hilarious wall posts that I love so much, and having extraordinary moments in your life. Dear Shakespeare, I have never met a turtle as awesome as you, that rides a skateboard.

@anniebauthor You are wonderful to talk to, and so creative it's amazing. I hope you continue having a fabulous year this year, and that all your career and non-career based dreams come true. And go to sleep before midnight sometimes ;) God bless you!

@AngieCandy I hope things go well between you and Him. ^^ :D :P And that you have an awesome year!

@ArcticMonkey <3 Twitter buddy. Also, you have a good style in books and all. We gotta talk more often ^^

@Auxiira I talk to you a lot more now and I'm happy for it. I loved that short story you wrote about the girl who couldn't and then could remember. It was beautiful. You gotta do more <3 Also, join the Doctor Who clan. Carina and Afterthestorm are with us, and we're aspiring to build a TARDIS

@FlowerPower @Ozz @ForeverRebel @Iggy @indieeloise you guys rock!

@veeranvks you just sneak around and like stuff, probs also this post. Banana ninjas... you never understand them

@manisha I hope you continue well with your photography and law school! You've got a great talent :D

@Cailey ma blogging buddy deserves a mention

@murtuza It's good to see you back around!

@rishabh I hope your webinar and all the other work you are doing to make the world a better place goes well. Your determination and hard work is admirable and inspirational. Everything you write has a meaning, and I hope your published work sells well. You are a true worldian :)

@GeeLyria I remember your workshop which was the first one I ever participated in, and made me write as much poetry as prose as I do today :)

@Kevikur @InfiniteSnowfall <3 Thank you for all the awesome reviews you gave me this year. I enjoy reading your works too, and I hope you have lovely new years!

I miss @Justagirl @JaneAusten @LindsayG @ChocoCookie (who miiight return) @Lemony ice @LadyPurple @Mikko @Mjdwrite @NoirLumiere @skins @TwistedMuffins... You guys were some of the first people I knew, chatted to and were my good friends on this site...

@WillowCutz, Sheridan holmes is amazing. I can't wait to read the rest :D

@Utopia Lil sis welcome to the world of YWS. I hope you have a good first year!

Okay, so this is long, and took more time than I expected. But thank you YWS and of course @Nate for making this site. It's unbelievable how many people it helps in writing, and in many other ways too :)

Deanie x
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:50 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

I bring horrible news from the future, nobody gets jet packs.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:06 pm
View Likes
LoveIsInTheAir says...

*flops down on seat and slurps Starbucks so loud that everyone looks back at me*
Last edited by LoveIsInTheAir on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can only go as far as you dream." once said a brilliant person that I can't pronounce the name on.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:07 pm
View Likes
Cadi says...

I've been super-invisible this year, but y'all continue to be lovely people.

Naturally, @beckiw is amazing. <3
@Blues, @Niebla and @Skorpionne are also pretty damn cool.
@Charlie II is still lovely, even if I've got to live with him for yet another year ;)
I finally got to meet @Demeter in person!
@Rydia, @Lauren2010 and @RachaelElg, come back to me. @Sachiko, you come too.
@Pigeon, @PenguinAttack, @Karzkin, @Rosey%20Unicorn, keep tumbling - you're all wonderful.

And all the rest of you, have a good 2015!
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:55 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

*hollers* SHOTGUN!
*sits in spot as if there aren't more than a dozen other people already sitting around*

One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World