z

Young Writers Society

The YWS 2013 Yearbook

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:20 pm
View Likes
whitewolfpuppy says...

-Sits down in her spot and watches everyone.- (⊙.⊙(☉_☉)⊙.⊙)
ha- Lets get this party started! ʃ(˘▽ƪ)

Okay- So this be the people I have memories with! -More to come, yes.

@Snoink - You are AMAZING for nominating me for the JM squad! It is so amazing that you actually like my reviews! I was so shocked to have found out and I am proud to say that you are amazing! \ (•◡•) /

@Dragon99 - You are one of the best person I have met on here and it is pretty amazing! You are really awesome, I am glad to call you a friend. You be pretty amazing when I need someone to be goofy with! Wooooooo! ʃ(˘▽ƪ)

@Iggy - You just be awesome in general! Duh (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥

@D4RKR4VEN - Great writer, I love your books. Your writing is something I would like to do, though I can’t write fan fiction. xD But keep on writing friend! ≧◔◡◔≦

@Lauren2010 - You be the best Mod Leader for the Lit. Crew! You know how to work it and you know how to make me laugh! Though we have not talked much, you are pretty cool. I thank you for the teaching of how to use the Mod controls! It was very helpful and I thank you for creating the time to do that for me. ^^ (˘‿˘ʃƪ)

Everyone in YWS- You all are pretty cool! Everyone is very well behaved, though I don’t know most of you. (⊙.⊙(☉_☉)⊙.⊙) You are what makes YWS so awesome and I hope I can get to know every single one of you soon! Most of the work in the Green Room is amazing! I am so happy to see all of the work you all are posting! Keep up the reviewing and lets get this party started! ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (─‿‿─)
Sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ Cʏᴀɴɪᴅᴇ
⊱ fear ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟ. ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ c h o i c e . ⊰

~ Knight Onyx

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:21 pm
View Likes
Cheetah says...

I'm nearing my six month mark of being on YWS, (January 6!!) and the time I've spent here so far couldn't have been better.

I'd like to give a few shout-outs to some of my friends here on YWS:

@AlexSushiDog: Thank you so much for being a great friend on the site. I can remember when you first joined. Now you're welcoming new members, posting in Randomosity, writing excellent reviews, and just being a great member overall. :D YWS has been way better with you around!

@Blimeylimey217: You're awesome in the first place just because of your username. (Where'd you get that, by the way?) But besides that you've been nothing but kind to me. I've loved all the things you've posted. You're super good at poetry, not to mention your recent short story, Treacherous Terrain! Thank you for being such a caring friend. :)

@Omi1: Okay, okay, so last month you did more reviews that me last month. I'm not jealous... But seriously Omi, the number of reviews you churned out was incredible especially considering you're a fairly new member. Way to go!

I'd like to give a big thanks to @Dragon99 and @racket, who have recently taught me how to do this!

And, of course, thank you so much @Nate for creating this site.

Last edited by Cheetah on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:29 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

First of all! My shout outs <3

@ArcticMonkey, @wonderland, @Blues -
My mean girls! God ya'll make me happy even on the days I feel like utter crap. Thank you.
@Sakuragirl1-
You've been my YWS best friend for three years now and I don't regret a second. Thanks for being there for me even when I was at my most ridiculous <3
@Epicdonkalous-
Girl. You were there for me during one of the hardest nights of my life and I couldn't be more grateful.
@Rosey%20Unicorn-
I could not be happier we've gotten to know each other this year. I really couldn't.

And now for all those people I love and think are awesome---
@Iggy, @Lauren2010, @Lava, @Cailey, @Clarity, @carbonCore, @Alpha, @StellaThomas, @Tenyo, @PenguinAttack, @Audy, @PervadedByDarkness...<3 and all of you reading this right now. I love all ya'll.

And of course, I saved the best for last.
@OmarEhab- Words cannot express how happy I am to have you in my life and how happy I am I answered you all those months ago. Here's to another six months, my darling.

Now for a review of the year-
At the beginning of this year... Wow, it was different. I was a different person, I was unhappy and wasn't struggling with a lot of personal things. And then I saw the light. After a year, ex and I broke up, and I met the amazing new Boy. I went away for the summer, I got YWS married, I started skyping my mean girls all the time and writing more poetry. I became a member of the mod squad and became active on YWS again. And I couldn't be happier.

Here's to us, YWS. And another fantastic year. <3

xxSparkles
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:30 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

*Grins like an idiot and sits down* Ahh, memories. 'ello All. :)
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:35 pm
View Likes
manisha says...

Three years back, on her grandmum's birthday, a very shy girl came across a site which was under the top ten websites for young writers. She picked three, became a member of 'em all but only one stuck with her all through the years, only one helped her improve, only one came to be called 'home' by her. YWS.

There are so many many memories, so many people to thank.

@Nate - For creating the most AMAZING website, thank you so very much! I know I'm eternally going to be thankful 'cuz this place has helped me better as a writer and as a person. I love you!

@Lava
when I first spoke to you, you were Lava, and then you became AxaleahLexis and then Lava again! You are like this big sister to me and my real first friend here! I love you!

@SlushySlapped - SLUSHY! Thank you so much for slushy slapping me! I felt like I was knighted XD
You are sweet to the extent of making someone diabetic. You are funny, beautiful, and totally amazing! You love me ;) I love you <3
"What do you drive in?
I drive in style" XD

@Hannah - Why you so perfect!? You have helped me every time I came to you and I thank you so much for that! I loovvee being on the same review team as you. You make a truly wonderful leader and are just so incredibly awesome. Thank you for the Knights of the Green Room, it makes reviewing so much more fun.

Who's awesome, who's amazing?
Hannah! Hannah!

@dutifulwriter - You are amazing, you are a stalker, you are crazy! I brighten up when I see a post on my wall by you! When I'm visiting Chennai I'm going to make sure I meet you! <3

@umaima -Image
Haha.
You are one of my special friends from YWS. You are funny and very beautiful!I love reading all your works. Thank you umaima ! <3

@Blackwood - Blacks, you amazing person! You are an amazing writer and person. I LOVE talking to you. You're crazy but that only makes you more awesome. You have a strange attraction to cows. You like the number 3 (its my fav no. by the way), like swords, and evil people. You know I love you (and Pruno too)!

@Dreamy ! You are a darling and I enjoy talking to you! I love your current wall background :D

@OliveDreams - HIIII! I cannot tell you how much I love being on the same Review team. You keep everyone going on Review Days. You are completely awesome and charming! And yes, we love minions!

@PervadedbyDarkness - I totally love chatting with you! I am always delighted when I find you on chat! You are the best <3

@KittyCatMeow You are such a sweet person! Thank you for creating the Welcoming Committee. You made sure no new member goes without a warm welcome!

@Seraph - You have the most astonishing intellect and very very eloquent! You make me want to do better and I thank you so much for that!

@thewritersdream I think you are amaizng girl. You are funny, charming, beautiful and everything awesome!

@SushiSashimi333 - Heya! You are so much fun to chat with and are totally amazing

@Iggy - You are this box of awesomeness! I love reading what you write on Writing Gooder and your posts on Squills.

@Carina ! You are funny and totally amazing! You love nutella, have a craze for birds and Spiderman lover! <3

@Letiki I know I met you only now but I already think you are a totally wonderful person!

@Rosey%20Unicorn you are an amazing mod!

Shout out to some amazing people!
@Deanie @Alpha @GeeLyria @ArcticMonkey @Snoink @VeerenVKS @niteowl @DreamWork @SoundsOfLife @CowLogic @567ajt @HighTop @Deadman @Cailey @Auxiira @Dragon99 Thank you so much for making 2013 a wonderful year!

If I haven't mentioned anyone I'm sorry. You guys are equally special to me!

Few pics!

First post on my wall <3
Spoiler! :

Agnes love !
Spoiler! :

I felt sooo loved when I came online to this! I love you guys!
Spoiler! :

Amazing feeling when you are told you are awesome<3
Spoiler! :

Moving text !
Spoiler! :

There was this one post I had found a really long time back on here that has become very special to me. I don't remember who posted it but I had taken a copy of it, printed it out and carry with me always. Whenever I feel down all I have to do is take it out and read it.
I'll include a few lined from it-
"I need you guys to know that you are one of the reasons I love life so much, because when I read what you've written, I see some part of me there.
I want to see one of my books on a library shelf some day, right next to the ones written by you.
What we do, this writing that everybody on here writes, it's making this world a better place.
Let's write"

I love you all so very very much! Thank you for everything <3

Last edited by manisha on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:47 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

I'll just claim this.

And, if I forget to fill this out later, love you all!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:48 pm
Lauren2010 says...

This one is mine~
Got YWS?

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:03 pm
SecreteJournalist says...

My spot.. Dibs c;
"I write for fear of silence." Apartment - Young The Giant

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:10 pm
ERZA says...

Mine mine!!~
*sits here and nibbles on a cupcake*
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:18 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I've not quite been here a year, and already I've learnt sooooo much ( sit, stay... never leave YWS longer than a day )!

PROOF:

1) I can do links The Budy Systum thanks to @winterbites!

2) I don't spell 'which' >> 'witch' anymore ( I know which is which )!

3) I'm finally getting better at reviewing thanks to YWS Review Sandwich.

4) I've just gotten a whole lot better at everything----- thanks to YWS!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD MEMORIES:

1) @HighTop breaking my wall <3 thank you! ( if anyone trys to fix it, they'll be sorry... I'll spam your wall with One Direction posters, or something like that )

2) The first review day that I joined in on, I failed to post my review as a review... it took me forever to do reviews then, and it was so depressing! Anyway, that's when Nate fixed it for me, I've never forgot it! And I normally avoid tagging those who have better things to do... but it really must be done; @Nate thank you for EVERYTHING if it weren't for you, none of us would have a home... and that would be sad. And, in case you haven't noticed, everyone here is in love with you ( including myself ). I hope you realize that you are raising SUPER CRAZY WRITING HUMANS with wings and someday, we will take over the world. Everything's going to be copyrighted, and it's all your falt. ;)

3) Just a little bit ago, YWS went through a Disney thing... and that's when I realized ( yes, it took me this long ) anything is posible here.

Now a few awesome people: @racket @Cspr @Zolen @KittyCatMeow @.... I can't think right now.

WILL BE UPDATED WHEN LESS TIRED.
Last edited by Holysocks on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
100% autistic

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:19 pm
View Likes
SushiSashimi333 says...

Remarkable People:
@567ajt - If I remember correctly, you are the first person that chatted with me on YWS. It was so cool meeting you and tracking your DOM process through wall posts :D You're so open and I'm happy to have met you ^_^

@xxxXanthexxx - You have just amazing taste in anime, manga and just... everything! XD I love chatting with you on Google and I'm so happy to have met you.

@Letiki - You chatting with me may have been a wrong click of the button, but it was just so cool getting to talk to you! You're duper smart, hysterically funny and you are an amazing artist O_O Dominate college and good luck with your lady friends ^_^

@GriffinClaw - I know you! :P I can't believe it took me that long to figure it out, but that part was probably your fault. Writing The Pack with you is so much fun and your ideas, they're so simple, but the definitely grow. (G - "I want a character to be named Wolf." S - "Anything else?" G - "That's it") XD

@TheMessenger - I know I set off your little chat blips a lot, and I know how much you love it when I do that XD That shall go on my goal list. :P Keep up the awesome work with your story and being "The Messenger".

@OliveDreams - Amazing writer, great taste in books, so awesomely positive, and a fast reviewer! You are just awesome! It was so fun meeting you on this site, and feel free to PM me lists of books, I just have to finish three more before I'm open to read more ^_^

@KittyCatMeow - You have been so helpful with the Welcoming Committee that I can't even put it in words! That dead fish avatar shall definitely be next ;)

@thewritersdream - Thank you for giving me a helping hand with the committee! You and Kitty being there for me has been a great help, I definitely needed that support. :D

@Yazi - I'm not sure when you shall see this since you haven't been on recently, but thank you so much for reading Devil Touch! >.< You have no idea what a boost to my confidence as a writer that was. You're a great writer too, if I remember that review, I can't wait to read more ^_^

@Skins - You are an amazing reviewer O_O You get all the small details of my story that I never would have seen, but still manage to stay positive! I don't know how you do it.

@FatCowsSis - We may have met through a welcome slash, but I'm so glad I welcomed you! I love talking to you on chat and you're just so nice and easy to relate to! You're such a great friend :)

@xxFleetingEternity - All I have to say is, thank you for everything :) I know you don't like hugs, but I'm gonna have to hug you anyways. *hugs*

@Ary - Virals. Amazing ^_^ I can't wait to discuss the fourth book with you when it comes out.

@racket - Wonderful creator of the Gamer's Playground! I don't even know to begin. You found me, created that club, you are just awesome!

@Lateritic - I remember when I almost unfollowed you because you changed your username XDXDXD Kaichou wa Maid-sama! forever!!!

@Aley - Thank you for putting up with my terrible poetry and having the patience to teach me about it ^_^

@LadyPurple - For being an amazing mentor and telling me all I needed to know about YWS :)

Okay, I most likely forgot a boatload of people, so for all the people that have talked to me ever, pretend your name is here and just know you're AWESOME!!!!!!!

Memorable Events:
Spoiler! :
Image My first avatar :D

So I actually joined only this year in late March, and let me just say, this really was amazing! I am so happy I found it and I actually do think of everyone on here as family. We may have our "pep talks" on Review Days, but in the end we're all friends.

I remember celebrating Christmas in July with everyone and spending so many points XD The secret santa really was a lot of fun too! If I am right, I had Idrinkink and I think ScarlettFire had me.

(still editing)
Last edited by SushiSashimi333 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sushi

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:22 pm
Dragonette says...

*Runs in wildly and tackles spot* *hugs spot tightly and glares at anyone who dares to approach spot* It's miiiiinne

P.S. (Will fill out later. When is the deadline?)
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:30 pm
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

*Not done yet*

Well my precious YWS! I love you so much! I'm going to start with some shout-outs...

@blimeylimey217 - Hey Twinsie Matcher Friend! Even though we haven't known each other for long, the first time we talked, I knew I had found a terrific friends. You always cheer me up! Keep being awesome! Blimey, you are such a terrific writer, almost everything you post makes it into the literary spotlight! Thanks for just being crazy with me!

@Dragon99 - Awesome. Person. Need I say more? Dragon, you make my days better, just a random pause during my busy schedule to chat with you. Every time we talk, I start laughing! :{D

@KittyCatMeow - Okay, I know this goes without saying, but, YOUR AVATAR IS AMAZING! It's a mix of lego and fish...I'm so shallow that it blows my mind every time I see it... :D Thanks for always being there with a review, a kind word, or good advice. This year wouldn't have been the same without you!

@Cheetah - Thanks for all of your help this past review day! You are always positive, which makes a sad, moody person like me feel amazing!

@SushiSashimi333 - It took me so long to learn how to spell your name, but I finally mastered it! Thanks for all of the hard work you do on the Welcoming Committee, and yes, all of the work WCBot does too!

@AlfonsoFernandez - You write some of the most amazing poetry I've ever read! It really makes me stop and think, I feel as if I can connect to it! It makes me laugh and cry and smile and shudder, but it perfect! Thank-you so much! By the way, how is the weather in your area of Canada? Cold? Snowy? ;)

@umaima - I got chaos'd...o.O That was quite the trick you pulled to Chaos me! It was very creative...You deserved to win! And just because this needs to be said..."Your avatars are always funny, but I'm a bit freaked out by the cannibalistic finger...."

@Deadman - Most active person in Randomosity. Ever. Your dedication to that forum is funny, every time I go in there, all I see is your username. Hope you have many more years filled with being Random!

@TheMessenger - You might not have been here for very long, but you are already an important member to this site. It wouldn't be the same without your friendly posts or your detailed reviews. Thanks for every thing you've done for YWS since you joined!

@Iggy - Oh, princess Ariel, how's Prince Eric doing these days? What? You say you aren't obsessed? I think you're lying.....Well Ariel *cough* I mean Iggy, You are always there with a friendly word. You are always so positive and thoughtful, not to mention your writing is amazing! I've read quite a bit of your work and loved every bit of it!

@niteowl - It was so much fun on review day when we were captains together! Thanks for helping me with all of that! But most of all, thanks for just being around and being a great person!

@Zolen - Even though you are pretty new to the community, YWS just won't be the same without your presence. I always look at your artwork, wishing I could do cool stuff like that. It's nice to always see you around the site!

@GigiHarris - Hello! It's really cool that newer members really get into reviewing early! I didn't get into reviewing until about three months ago...I kinda wish you were more active around here though! *wink* Hpe to see you around more often!

@Niraco - How can anyone forget Niraco? One of the best people (and reviewers) around! Remember on your first review day? That was an insane amount of reviews! I was sad when you couldn't make it to the last Review Day, but I hope to see you at many more to come!

@Joe - One of my newer friends, but still, amazing! So, Joe, what color is your aglet? I'll have to confess, I had to think about that for a second, trying to remember what an aglet was...And thanks for showing me that video on your profile, it was so cool! Anyway, stay cool, which will be easy in that snow you just got!

@HighTop - So you really can't tell if people are jm or gm? I'll have to say, that's actually pretty funny, not that it's funny to be color-blind...I actually just met this man whose dream was to become a lab-technician, and did the training for it, only to find he could get that job because he was colorblind! Anyway, it's nice to see you in the debate forum and ask an expert forum. I really value your opinions.

@Snoink - You are actually the first person I've told about my ideas for a children book series, Ted and Fred. Thanks for listening to it! And of course, I adore your comic, Moth and Myth! Congratulations on your wedding, I hope you have a wonderful happy life! Oh, and the baby! I screamed when I found out! Congrats and good luck!

@whitewolfpuppy - Thanks for all of your help with Review Day! And what's with this new color? Are you trying to promote recycling or something? Have you turned into an environmental freak? Congrats!

(not done yet)
Last edited by yubbies21 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beep

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:34 pm
Pompadour says...

MY SPOT! I'll write something as soon as exams are over with. :D
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:42 pm
MasterGrieves says...

MY SPOT.
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

Forever is composed of nows.
— Emily Dickenson