z

Young Writers Society

The YWS 2013 Yearbook

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:17 pm
View Likes
FatCowsSis says...

Alright, so I've never done this before, so here goes!

Before I tell you guys about my year and do shout outs and all that, I just want to thank everyone who's ever reviewed something of mine or talked to me. Because you're probably the reason I'm still here. YWS has become a better home than home. I feel like I belong here, and I'm not just there because I don't know where else to go. I joined YWS because I assumed it was just going to be a writing site. However, I was wrong. You guys are my family. Without you guys, I might not be here right now. So, enough of my boringness in talking! Behold!

Biggest thing this year:
Spoiler! :
I joined YWS!!!! :D

Second biggest thing (1st thing not on YWS)

Spoiler! :
The amazing marching band that I am a part of won the first place award at a state competition!!

Alright, so now shout outs!

@SushiSashimi333 is amazing! She was the first one to ever acknowledge I was on YWS and talk to me. She's probably the reason I'm still on YWS. Then I met other people and got more comfortable. So, thank you xd!!

@Deadman is quite a enemy to have in Battle of the Sexes. He's a strong competitor, but his efforts were for what he thought was a good cause. (Guys winning....ugh)

@Dakushau has become my :3 infected friend. We were both infected with the :3 Smiley Face Crazies. If you're reading this, than you have been infected too. :3 Search for the cure is here: The Smiley Face Crazies

@BasiltheCat-You are super fun! :3

@Nate-You are amazing!

@AlmondEyes-Thank you for not killing me and helping in Battle of the Sexes. Looking at it, I guess I wouldn't shut up. This is for you too @ReisePiecey. You get two of them! You are both amazing and I feel bad for being that annoying girl who wouldn't shut up. *begs for forgiveness*

@Snoink, @ReisePiecey-Thank both of you so much for the help on Battle of the Sexes! You both seem pretty awesome and I'd love to chat more with both of you!!

I'm not done with this yet, so I'll be back!

Love you guys,
-FCS
Last edited by FatCowsSis on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 10 times in total.
What do you call a cow with no legs?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:20 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

Goshdarnit I've never done this guys. *hides behind dead body and watches you...* O.o
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:14 pm
View Likes
fire_of_dawn says...

@ShadowVyper- you are amazing.

@Rosey%20Unicorn- if there was an award for Most Helpful in Ask an Expert, I'd nominate you.

@Cole- God bless you.

@ongoeslife- I don't see enough of you, sis. Really.

@Nate- you're incredible.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:24 am
View Likes
CowLogic says...

@thewritersdream I would never close up to you, babe. We just never get the time to talk anymore.
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:09 am
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Every time I come back here every so often, I just want to cry because I know what YWS was for me for a few years and then I left, leaving nothing.

I know I always say I miss it but it hurts when you want to come back and know you can't because words can't form anywhere anymore. I've lost my one reliable love.

To those who know me, if there's one New Year's Resolution, I resolve to attempt to write again. But I may need your help.

Lots of love and Merry Christmas.

Lavvie.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:39 am
Alpha says...

oops >.<
Last edited by Alpha on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:49 am
View Likes
Shalie says...

SHOUT OUT! @Soulkana for getting me started on this awesome site!

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:04 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Well, everyone I'm sure is amazing, but I'm only going to list a few of the wonderful people I know on YWS.

@thewritersdream even though she didn't mention me in her yearbook post (jk jk ^^).
@Auxiira for her love of owls and quirky sense of humor.
@Iggy for those amazing plot twists and @ReisePiecey too.
@VeerenVKS Veerie-poo.
@IngridClayre even though she doesn't come on anymore.
@BasiltheCat for her cat-ly-ness.
@winterbites for being my first buddy on here.
@TheMessenger for being the best manager and writing partner.
And lastly @CowLogic, even if we've never talked, because dude you're hilarious and a great writer.

I probably missed some people that I wished I'd remember to add in later, and if I forgot you, it's definitely not personal. You're all fabulous~!

2013 WHOO!
Last edited by Craz on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:34 am
SWOPNIL says...

I joined YWS late this year and oh! it's been great here. Thank you everyone!
:D

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:03 pm
KittyBee says...

Oh, uhm.

Ooops. I guess I missed out on fulfilling this yearbook..

in the year it was due, however..

This year, I joined Young Writers Society upon the relocation of one of my dear friends leaving me bored during a painfully hot Floridian summer. I was worried. Here was I, a pulpy, excitable young poet who had barely wet her feet in her trade, to be posted across and judged by elites and well-established writers. I expected harsh, prudish criticism-- the kind that writers ought to give!

Well, I was warmly surprised. I received a charming welcome, and an appreciative introduction. I received an abundance of information and inspiration. I received membership and my place here at YWS.

Within months, my poetry had been featured. I was ecstatic. Having already been declared "Poetry Editor" by the Literary Magazine I participate in outside of YWS, I woke up one morning to find one of my most emotional, chaotic poems-- Her -- plastered on the front page of the website. I admit, I cried.

I then became ill and unable to write. Struggling with disordered eating and a crumbling relationship, I retired my pen for a few months, and focused my efforts onto recovering and helping myself, and of course the trivial education system that I am forced to attend-- named cunningly-- high school. This December, I re-entered my position on the site, again to be greeted warmly and unaccused. I published Anastasia Loves You -- a document on my battle with the previously mentioned disordered eating-- and woke up to my name across the first page of the website. It held it's place for days. Anastasia made it into the top 10 poems of 2013 as number 7, top 10 poems of December, as number 3, and the top 10 overall pieces of December, as number 5. How great of an honor is that?! Overall, I was only a member of YWS for around half of a year, but I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and intend greatly to fight my way to the elite positions!
I'm hanging in the gallows
My body limp, and lifeless
Yes, now I'm cold, and now I'm dead
and parallel to priceless

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:28 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

The best member this site has to offer is @TimmyJake. For the "most awards" he is hands down the most likely to be published. I believe in you Timothy. And you better dedicate your first NY times best seller to me ;)
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:29 am
Gravity says...

rawr. *tries to find 2014*
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal