z

Young Writers Society

Your Thanksgiving!

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:26 pm
OliveDreams says...

Hi, Hey, Hello :)

As a lively and enthusiastic Squills reporter, I am always eager to learn about new things!

This week - I want to know all that you did this Thanksgiving :)

Being an English rose/country bumpkin, I don't know a lot about this American holiday so teach me!

What did you do? Who did you spend it with? Where did you spend it?!

And of course I would LOVE to know about any family quirky traditions you have for this special event!

SPILL ALL.
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:33 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

Well, I don't know much about it either, but, the grad school committee took us to a fancy restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner which was a three course of salad, turkey with mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie.

Well, of course, I had the meat free option, but the mashed potatoes? They were creamy, cheesy goodness. Wow.

And we said thanks around the table!

Interestingly, we have a version of Thanksgiving back home, around mid January each year.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

662 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 662
Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:10 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Thanksgiving was a blast. My three brothers and I went out of state to our cousins. We always have about thirty family members there, and we stuff our faces full of mashed potatoes, turkey, green-bean casserole, corn, pies of all sorts, muffins, and apple cider.

We also play an American Football every year. This year there were some incredible scores. The weather was nice, it wasn't rainy, and it was just another great Thanksgiving.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:45 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Well, I went to two places! First to my aunt's house (on my dad's side) for a Thanksgiving lunch, then went to my grandma's house (on my mom's side) for a Thanksgiving dinner. :)

We do this every year and it's always fun! My aunt, for some reason, had a pet chicken running around. O.o

It was fun and the food was great!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Some call me a legacy, others call me a hero. But I assure you, dear admirers, I am only human.
— Persistence