z

Young Writers Society

NPR's 100 Best-Ever Teen Novels

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:06 am
Dakushau says...

@yubbies21

Well... I hate to say it but I've only read about 3 out of 100! It's probably because a lot of the books I read are either high level reading books or adult level books. I have either heard or own several of the books though.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:06 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

51! Er, I think. A few I honestly couldn't remember, so I counted about half of those, and I also counted a series if I've read any of them, though most I've read all of. I'm pretty sure some of the Tamora Piece stuff was counted more than once. I have maybe 10 of these on my shelf or on my kindle to be read as well (or on my list to check out from the library).

ALSO. Why is an entire series counted as a single book? Fail! That makes it more like 80 or 90 books I've read on this list, and it makes the list more like 150. //rant
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:59 pm
Angelreader77 says...

33/100 Hmm.
"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears or the sea." --Isaac Dinesen

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:20 pm
Cailey says...

21! I'm proud of myself, but I really need to get reading some more.
So many books! So little time! And so many more books that I need to write!
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:40 pm
Jadefox says...

30 exactly. Some of my favorite books are on that list. And many I have on my list to read and many I'm adding!
Every book you've ever read is just a recombination of 26 letters.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:19 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

I've read 40!

Ones that I recommend if you haven't read them, The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale for definite- it is one of my favourite books and Hale has been a constant and massive influence on my writing style. It is a fantastic book.

Also, The Book Thief, and the Bartimaeus Trilogy.

I think it's a bit unfair that John Green gets several mentions on the list but some authors only get one because their books are in a series. Silly!

But so glad The Goose Girl made an appearance! :)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:53 am
View Likes
indieeloise says...

18/100 :) I'm not much for YA. I read several of these in like second grade though (Treasure Island, Anne of Green Gables…)

Betsy, Tacy and Tib iS THE BEST AHHHH MY CHILDHOOD

The Goose Girl is a favorite of mine, @StellaThomas! I loved Hale's somewhat sequels that followed, as well.

Also, in sixth grade I wiped through the entire shelf of Laurie Halse Anderson books in my middle school library. :D I messaged her on Tumblr recently to tell her so, and she responded asdfghjkl.
"My hobbies include editing my life story, hiding behind metaphors, and trying to convince my shadows that I am someone worth following." - Rudy Francisco

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:26 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

@indieeloise - yes! Enna Burning was great. Book of a Thousand Days also influenced me quite a lot- Tower Girls has a similar premise (but a different ending).

I feel like I should read Laurie Halse Anderson sometime too...
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:19 pm
LaughingHyena says...

I've read only six on this list, though there are quite a few that I intend to read. I really love the Tiffany Aching books, and have just finished reading the first of the main Discworld series, they are brilliant. I wasn't that gone on The Hobbit I have to say, I found the storyline a bit flat and the characters hard to really identify with or get attached to, very imaginative though.
I'd like to make myself believe
that planet Earth spins slowly

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:12 am
MagnusBane says...

I've read 28. I'm honestly not sure how I managed to read that many, given that I've barely been reading YA lately.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:56 pm
StealTheWorld says...

9/100. Yikes :/ looks like I need to get some reading done.
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Formerly: xDarkHeart27x

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:29 am
Cheetah says...

5/100... And the library is closed until January 1... D:

Ugh, why is Twilight on there??
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:15 pm
AfterTheStorm says...

This has has to be based on book sales. Those rankings are jacked up. O___o
"And after the storm..." ~Mumford and Sons

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

Got Squills?
Proverbs 31:25

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

akdsjfh you know that feeling where you start writing a scene but then you get bored with the scene so you move on and start writing a different scene and then you get bored with that scene so you move on to an entirely different WIP and then you get bored with that so you move on-
— AceassinOfTheMoon