z

Young Writers Society

Publishing a book?

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:22 pm
Empress says...

Heya YWS!

I recently published my debut novel (9th November 2013)! And it is now available worldwide on Amazon and in US bookstores and libraries!

For anyone who is interested, it is a science fiction space opera set five millennia in the future. Humanity is oppressed beneath the totalitarian regime of a corrupt Empire . . . but revolution is approaching! It is £8.06 ($15.59) on paperback, and will be out on Kindle in a week for £2.99 ($4.99)!

So I thought I'd start this topic because I'd love to chat to any other indie authors (or traditional) or give anyone any help if they're thinking of publishing their work! I'm just so excited as it's such an incredible feeling being an official author!

Is anyone else thinking of publishing? x
:D :D :D

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:57 pm
Gardevite says...

Did you publish traditionally or did you self-publish? :3
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

21 Reviews

Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:02 pm
Empress says...

I self-published with Amazon CreateSpace and Kindle Direct Publishing. It only took 3 months, I had complete control over anything and now it's on sale worldwide!!! Have you published/are you thinking about publishing? :)

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:23 pm
Gardevite says...

Not in the immediate future, maybe someday. I just saw an opportunity to learn and took it. On with the learning, how did you get your book into bookstores? I thought that Amazon publishing meant publishing just on Amazon?
Formerly Hightop

Garde's Reviews

21 Reviews

Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:08 am
Empress says...

Well you can also select 'Expanded Distribution' and get a Library of Congress control number. That makes it available to:

- Bookstores and Online Retailers - to online and offline retailers such as Barnes & Noble and to distributors such as Ingram and NACSCORP.
- Libraries and Academic Institutions - through Baker & Taylor to libraries and academic institutions.
- CreateSpace Direct - to certified resellers through the wholesale website.

i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren