425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:23 pm
Nate says...

Sandusky, Ohio...

Students claim school in 'chaos'
By RICHARD PAYERCHIN, Sandusky Bureau Chief
08/30/2006

ĂŠPERKINS TOWNSHIP -- Teachers voted for no confidence in the administration, four students climbed out of high school windows and eight security guards were fired for failing background checks.

Yet the administration said schools were running as smoothly as possible in the second day of the Perkins Schools teachers' strike.

No new negotiation meetings as of last night were set for the teachers, administration and board members.

However, chants, signs and a lock-down greeted sophomores, juniors and seniors as they attended their first day of the school year at Perkins High School yesterday.

Operations ran smoothly, said Superintendent Sherry Buccieri, but students offered a different assessment.

The scene inside the high school was ''crazy,'' as ''chaos'' reigned while students watched television, talked on cellular telephones and played the card game Uno, according to several students.

About 19 students who had parental excuses left their high school classes around 12:15 p.m., prompting a lockdown at the school to ensure safety of students and staff, Buccieri said. While there were no immediate reports of threats or violence, the school followed the protocol so teachers could take attendance and account for students, she said.

Read The Whole Thing

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:49 pm
LamaLama says...

Wow- some real problems there. Sounds like someone thinks that they just need the room to 'express themselves"
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author