z

Young Writers Society

Songfics On Demand

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:35 pm
View Likes
KnightTeen says...

I'm trying to encourage myself to write more than I have been lately. So I've decided to start writing songfics when I'm not working on my NaNo novel.

If you have a song you want to see put to a story, tell me the name and the artist, and I'll write one within seven days. Now, I will not write it if the song content is not something that I am comfortable with.

Once it's written, I'll post a link to it on your wall (the person who gave me the song).

But I'm not the only one who should have fun.

If you write a songfic based on one of the songs that someone posted in this topic, link it to this topic or my page, and I'll gift you 300 points.

I'm extremely bored, and I'm dangerous when I bored. So I found something to amuse myself, and that will help me get the writing juices flowing.

Blown Away
Familiar Taste of Poison
Innocence
Last Ones Standing
Shoots and Ladders
Teardrops On My Guitar
Last edited by KnightTeen on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:58 pm
NightWolf says...

Could you possibly do "Last Ones Standing" by Example?
"We're all just stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" The Eleventh Doctor

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:21 am
BadNarrator says...

there is a song I would like to post, but I'm afraid you'll think I'm a jerk for suggesting it.
First you will awake in disbelief, then
in sadness and grief and when you wake
the last time, the forest you've been
looking for will turn out to be
right in the middle of your chest.

394 Reviews

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:33 pm
KnightTeen says...

BadNarrator wrote:there is a song I would like to post, but I'm afraid you'll think I'm a jerk for suggesting it.

I don't judge. Suggest away.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:36 pm
Caesar says...

Behemoth - Christians to the Lions
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

72 Reviews

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:46 pm
BadNarrator says...

KnightTeen wrote:
BadNarrator wrote:there is a song I would like to post, but I'm afraid you'll think I'm a jerk for suggesting it.

I don't judge. Suggest away.

alright, I was thinking Shoots and Ladders by Korn...or Millie Pulled a Pistol on Santa by De La Soul

although it probably seems that way I'm not suggesting these songs to be condescending or for superficial provacation or anything like that. I read some of your work based on songs and got a pretty good idea of what kinds of music you are most comfortable with. I want to see how you handle music that is outside your comfort zone. as people and as artists we are most creative when we are in situations in which we are vulnerable or uncomfortable.

you don't have to do these songs if you don't want to, but I think it would be a good way to cut your teeth as a future creative professional. think of it as a writing exercise.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:52 pm
Caesar says...

^this

394 Reviews

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:27 pm
KnightTeen says...

NightWolf wrote:Could you possibly do "Last Ones Standing" by Example?

All done. Sorry it took a while, I had it finished but my computer crashed and I lost the file.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:55 am
anshira says...

Could you do 'one thing' or 'what makes you beautiful' or any other song of one direction??

363 Reviews

Reviews: 363
Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:49 pm
DreamWork says...

anshira wrote:Could you do 'one thing' or 'what makes you beautiful' or any other song of one direction??

Fan of One Direction? :smt003 Well I guess writing a romance story is the hardest part to do. Just to ensure it does not appear 'stale' :wink:
Dream high

394 Reviews

Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:13 pm
View Likes
KnightTeen says...

@Baal, @BadNarrator, I've been a bit busy, sorry about the wait.

Upon consideration, I do not feel the least bit comfortable writing songfictions about Behemoth or Milly Pulled a Pistol on Santa..

The song/lyrics do inspire me, and while they do pull me out of my comfort zone and I am normally totally okay with that, these two particular songs really push me farther than I am will to go, and the kinds of fiction that they inspire me to write are not okay with me due to my belief system. That, and they just really make me uncomfortable.

I am normally okay with writing pretty much anything, language and mature content wise. But the content in these songs are not something that I want to write about. I tried to, but I ended up being mad at myself for what I was writing. Sorry. I'm almost done with Shoots and Ladders, however.

@anshira, @DreamWork, romance isn't really that hard for me, but I am not a big fan of OD. Their music is good, they are not just my type of boy-band. However, I will try.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:34 pm
Caesar says...

pity.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:30 pm
Rook says...

I'd love to read a story based on "A Little Opera Goes a Long Way" by Sky Sailing. :D
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

394 Reviews

Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:49 pm
KnightTeen says...

@BadNarrator, sorry for the wait. It's been really crazy where I am.

Shoots and Ladders

72 Reviews

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:17 am
View Likes
BadNarrator says...

alright unsocialized homeschooler, you. obviously mid-nineties nu metal is way too easy so let's mix it up with some late 60s free jazz, shall we?

the song is Island Harvest by legendary saxophonist Albert Ayler. Ayler was one of the most influential jazz musicians from the 60s. unfortunately like many black artists from that era he lived a very troubled life which ended in tragedy (presumably by suicide) at an early age. despite its upbeat tempo I think that the deep all consuming depression Mr. Ayler felt near the end of his life comes through in the intense, almost spastic sound of his saxophone in this song. but you be the judge.

you can find the song here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glvz58e2fYg

also, looking back on what you said earlier I agree that Millie Pulled a Pistol on Santa may not be the most appropriate song for a young author to write about. De La Soul is a good group and I encourage you to listen to more of their music, but I think there are better hip hop songs with less disturbing subject matter to write about.

however, as a writer I do encourage you to take on subject matter that challenges or even contradicts your personal beliefs. I don't believe in God or the afterlife, but I often write about both. in fact some of what I consider to be my best work was inspired by verses from the Christian Bible as well as other religious text. you don't even have to let anybody read it, just writing it down can be meditative. creative writing is all about conflict and when you face conflict head on you'll learn a lot about yourself. who knows it may even strengthen your personal beliefs.

The most important thing is to have fun! Stress makes for distress and neither of those belong in writing!
— Kaia