Young Writers Society

Squills Recruitment Call ver. 2.0

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:54 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

If you haven't heard of Squills, what kind of rock have you been living under? Hop right on over to the Squills -- The YWS News section of the Community forums and read your fill of our past fourteen or fifteen editions (depending on when you happen across this post).

So, we've had a few amazing people join the Squills team since the last Recruitment Thread , and we're outstandingly thrilled to now work with @TheMessenger, @OliveDreams, and @Blackwood!

One thing we noticed, however, is that there's an overwhelming majority of column authors on the team, who write toward the same topic every week. For example, you've got @KnightTeen's awesome Green Room Gallery, or @StellaThomas's juicy Society Pages.

What we're in the market for now are some flexible, adaptable, brilliant writers who can join the team to cover stand-alone articles.

This type of article especially includes event coverage or special interest pieces.

And, in order to encourage you all to get to work, I've decided to reveal some of the article ideas we've shared in the Secret Squills Clubhouse where we get all our work done while drinking lemonade or hot chocolate.

Remember: In order to join Squills, you'll first need to send a sample article on over so that the current team can read it, discuss it, and give feedback! Also, Squills staff members are required to submit at least one article a month, though we'd prefer it if you could commit to one per week!

Without further ado, here are some article suggestions:

-- an article covering the October literary workshops
-- an article about who has submitted to literary journals and how much people know about them
-- an article covering the tag games? not just listing information, but you'd have to find a thesis to this article -- an angle that makes it more readable than just scrolling through the people tab
-- an article on the YWS Radio Newscasts and maybe an interview with Nate

Of course, if you've been planning a column, don't give up your dream! We're still open to any and all sample articles, so please don't hesitate to get your first one written down and sent in.

Now tagging previously interested awesome-people:
@KittyCatMeow @thewritersdream @ERZA @TheDayBeforeTomorrow @NightWolf
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:49 am
Hannah says...

@Sparkle! Hey, I'm responding to you here 'cause this is a newer thread, but yeah, we're definitely still looking for someone to cover Unsung Gems! That would be lovely. Spark'll be busy with NaNo articles most of November.

Just check out the Squills Index under the column index to see all the past editions of Unsung Gems for reference! There are currently five editions you can find of it. Looking forward to getting your article!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:42 pm
Sparkle says...

Hi! I started on the article, but I'm unsure where to post it. Do I send it to you @Hannah, or to SquillsBot, or should I post it somewhere?
"So what? All writers are lunatics!"
-Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:04 am
Hannah says...

Send it over to me, please, @ Sparkle!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:01 pm
Iggy says...

Send it to me, @Sparkle! :)

*also a bump*

Still looking for people with unique ideas or a Quibbles columnist!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:24 am
Iggy says...

Consider this another friendly nudge~

If you're interested in Squills, think of a simple and easy article to submit and send it my way so the team can vote on you! (Don't be scared, we've yet to say no to someone)

Also we're pleased to welcome @whitewolfpuppy to the team as a General Reporter!

How did she come onto the Squills staff, you ask? Simple! I told her to interview an author on their featured work and she did so. It's that simple! So you can totally do something like that and send it my way, if you'd like~

Let's hope we get some interest, @KnightTeen. ^^
- Lewis Carroll

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:39 am
View Likes
Dakushau says...

Hey!

I think I may be interested :)
I'll see to working on a sample article soon.

Also, I have a question. I noticed it said that you currently don't have a Quibbles Columnist. I was wondering what exactly that person did because I don't know if I would be interested in that or not.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

933 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:46 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

@Dakushau

Basically what @skorlir did when s/he created the Quibbles collum was give grammar advice, tips, tricks, techniques, you name it! Take a good look at the Quibbles articles, found here and see if you'd like to take the job. :)

Other than that, I look forward to seeing a possible article from you soon! Just PM it to me when finished. Thank you for your interest! <3
- Lewis Carroll

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:17 am
Dakushau says...

@Iggy

No problem!

While I think having a Quibbles Columnist is important I'm not sure if I would be right for the job. I'll finish looking over past Quibbles later and think about it though.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

Remember the rain that made your corn grow.
— Haitian Proverb