z

Young Writers Society

Help me out!

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:28 pm
Lauren2010 says...

So if you pass by Writing Gooder every now and then, you might have noticed that I've been blogging about publishing and the book industry every Saturday. Well, I've just finished a series on Publishing Strategies and I'm a bit at a loss for what I should cover next!

That's where you guys come in! I want to know all your burning questions about the professional side of writing, whether that's about careers in writing or editing, getting your education in writing, editing and publishing your own work, or curiosities about book selling. If you've ever wondered about how an agent selects a manuscript, or what it takes to get a book placed on a bookstore shelf, I want to know!

Really, I'm entirely at your disposal. :D
Got YWS?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:53 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

I remember my teacher in college talking about all the things that could be done to promote a book, like readings in bookstores or... well that was mostly it. What else do we need to do if we're set on self-promoting a book that's self-published or published by an indie company with a small advertising budget? :)
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:55 am
View Likes
MagnusBane says...

I'm an English major, so I would love to know more about careers in publishing. Maybe some information about writing query letters, too?
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:59 pm
View Likes
beckiw says...

I'd love to know about like...the usual process you have to go through to get a manuscript in order for sending off to an agent?
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant