z

Young Writers Society

Alexa Toolbar

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:50 pm
Nate says...

Just installed it on Firefox, and it's awesome. It shows you what ranking the site is overall; so Yahoo is number one, google number three, etc. Just kind of cool to see how your favorite websites are ranked. For instance, I was surprised to find that a site I use all the time for work is number 1600 overall, but space.com comes in at 3,600. If you're interested in getting it, go to alexa.com, but forewarning: it does transmit your user data to Alexa. Then again though, your data gets transmitted whenever you visit any website, although just to the owner of the website.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like YWS is ranked, but ah well. Maybe someday that'll change.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:52 pm
Chandni says...

Sure, that day will soon come :) Nate
Never bring down the hopes :D
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:46 pm
Nate says...

lol, since I've installed the Alexa toolbar, YWS has moved up 200,000 spots! The site is now almost in the top 1,000,000.

Just goes to show you how useless such traffic rankings are; that is, unless you're in the top 100,000.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:52 pm
Snoink says...

Hahaha... it's still doing better than www.snoink.com. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney