z

Young Writers Society

My Favourite Band Is. . .

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:37 pm
winterbites says...

So, mine is Pierce The Veil and Sleeping with Sirens.

What's yours!?
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:43 pm
View Likes
indieeloise says...

Bon Iver, though it's really just Justin Vernon unless it's a live performance. Also, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals!

A few single artists I like are Ray Lamontagne, Amos Lee, Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Grayson Capps, Lisa Mills.
"My hobbies include editing my life story, hiding behind metaphors, and trying to convince my shadows that I am someone worth following." - Rudy Francisco

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:41 pm
View Likes
Jonathan says...

Two Steps From Hell.
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:11 pm
View Likes
elcuidador says...

I'm deaf.

Just kiddin' I like all types of music but when it comes to bands I think it's betweeeeen.. Rise Against, Imagine Dragons, and Green Day.
Previous Username: Toe

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:03 pm
View Likes
MasterGrieves says...

Close.

It's between Dead Kennedys, Fugazi and Joy Division.

However, SO MANY GREAT BANDS I LOVE. It's hard to say for certain because it always changes, depending on my mood.

If I'm in a rebellious mood, hardcore punk bands like Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Pissed Jeans and Nation of Ulysses are the band in question.

In a more complex, post-hardcore day, Drive Like Jehu, At The Drive In and Fugazi do it for me.

More gothic/dark rock is great for rainy Friday nights. Bands like this for me include The Cure, Joy Division, Bauhaus, Magazine, Wire and Echo & The Bunnymen. The Soft Moon are a great current example. Some more punky/metally stuff for this kind of mood is Holy Bible-era Manic Street Preachers (such a good album).

Sometimes I go for a lot of peppy pop, such as Talking Heads, Vampire Weekend and Television. Ya can't go wrong with Weezer or Violent Femmes, either. Pixies are a combo of pop and dark rock, so all is good. I am a big David Bowie fan, too.

I'd love to see another album thread. That way I get to rant again! YAY!
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:15 pm
View Likes
EnigmaticSpirit says...

I'm deaf but luckily blasting the volume all the way up works for me.

I love Rage Against the Machine (especially "Killing In the Name") and Guns N Roses (I just LOVE "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Welcome to the Jungle").

I forgot Oasis and Queen. I think they're brilliant!
Last edited by EnigmaticSpirit on Fri May 03, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Words cut deeper than knives.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:53 pm
View Likes
AmourDevorant says...

Tool :)
忍ぶれど色にいでにけりわが恋はものや思ふと人の問ふまで
― 平兼盛

“If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray,
remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.”
― Kvothe, in The Name of the Wind

What were the use of my creation if I were entirely contained here?

35 Reviews

Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:59 pm
View Likes
winterbites says...

indieeloise wrote:A few single artists I like are Ray Lamontagne, Amos Lee, Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Grayson Capps, Lisa Mills.

I love Sweet Pea by Amos Lee!!
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:21 pm
View Likes
Cole says...

A couple of "deaf kids" eh? I have a severe hearing loss, but I can hook up music to my hearing aids. :P

Some favorites of mine:

-Sent By Ravens
-Flyleaf
-Florence + The Machine
-Oh, Sleeper
-Red

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:32 am
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

Fun.

Fun.

Fun.

and also Imagine Dragons and the Lumineers. Oh, include Paramore as my favorite 'solid' rock and Owl City as one-man-band.
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:39 am
indieeloise says...

winterbites wrote:
I love Sweet Pea by Amos Lee!!

Haha, funny - it seems that that one is the only one by him that I don't particularly care for. :D Maybe I've just heard it on too many television commercials!

Cole wrote:
Florence + the Machine

Florence! <3

I also like Phil Wickham, Third Day, Ben Harper, the old stuff of Alicia Keys. Just started getting into Imagine Dragons, but they're pretty good as well.
Last edited by indieeloise on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My hobbies include editing my life story, hiding behind metaphors, and trying to convince my shadows that I am someone worth following." - Rudy Francisco

35 Reviews

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:57 am
winterbites says...

I also love, Of Mice & Men, Bring Me The Horizon, Black Veil Brides, All Time Low, Blacklisted Me , Dance Gavin Dance, Get Scared. More od the post-hard core and heavy stuff. c:

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 am
View Likes
wordsandwishes says...

My favourite band right now is most definitely Gojira! I'm totally fan-girling over them right now xD

Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGHlZwMYO9g

I also listen to As I Lay Dying, Periphery, 3 Days Grace, Bullet for My Valentine, Billy Talent, and Green Day. I also listen to few songs from other bands like Radioactive by the Imagine Dragons, and Castle of Glass by Linkin Park.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:31 am
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

Here's some of mine (just to name a few)-

--> Imagine Dragons
--> Coldplay
--> Neon Trees
--> Linkin Park
--> MIKA
--> Of Monsters and Men
--> Maroon 5
Last edited by EnchantedPanda on Wed May 01, 2013 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket