z

Young Writers Society

The Official YWS Grand Re-opening Survey!

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:44 am
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

Hear ye! Hear ye! You know what today is? YES, it's Wednesday! Oh, no, now wait, NO! Who said that!? Why, yes! It's the YWS Grand Re-opening! This only means that it's time to celebrate!

But how could we celebrate? Think, think, think... Oh I know! How about looking way back pass those years (or months) of being here at YWS and reminiscing the good old days of being an innocent YWSer! Just think about how you found YWS, how you met some of the members, about you're first work, the time when you were first banned and all that. After this, we could go hunt for unicorns!

To guide you in discovering your 'inner past', take some time answering the fun Q's below :D Lemme give you a whole week to answer them!

1.) How did you discover YWS in the first place?

2.) When did you discover that you like or appreciate writing?

3.) What is the title, form and genre of the first piece you posted at YWS?

4.) Do you have a YWS nickname?

5.) Have you ever been banned in the forums or in chat?

6.) What genre of literature do you detest the most?

7.) How long have you been in YWS?

8.) How many workshops and contests have you participated in at YWS?

9.) Who have been your greatest influences here?

10.) What is your most favorite section in the forums?

11.) Do you remember the first person you've met here? Who?

12.) What was your worst writer's block?

13.) Have you or your works been featured? Do you want to?

14.) What is the best work you've read here and why? A link would do!

15.) Have you met somebody in YWS in real life?

16.) Have you tried reading an article in
Squills or Writing Gooder?

17.) How many storybooks have you been in?

18.) What book would you like to recommend the most to YWSers?

19.) Have you used the foes feature when it was available in your profile settings?

20.) What do you think is the best thing YWS have done to you?

Easter Eggs Dare: Answer at your own risk!
Spoiler! :
1.) Do you know who Pat Buchanan really is?

2.) Have you ever tried hunting unicorns or sea monsters in YWS?

3.) Have you tried eating a book before?

4.) For you, what's the least favorable forum/section here?

5.) How many grammatical errors have you found in the posts around the forums? How many in this post?

There! Everyone would really like to know about you, so answer the questions above and make sure you spread the word!

Now, for a week or two, starting today, we can have a fun celebration of exploring our past and dissecting our experiences at YWS!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:58 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

The code is in the spoiler for people who like it bold (I'll answer tonight!):

Spoiler! :
Code: Select all
[b]1.) How did you discover YWS in the first place?[/b]

[b]2.) When did you discover that you like or appreciate writing?[/b]

[b]3.) What is the title, form and genre of the first piece you posted at YWS?[/b]

[b]4.) Do you have a YWS nickname?[/b]

[b]5.) Have you ever been banned in the forums or in chat?[/b]

[b]6.) What genre of literature do you detest the most?[/b]

[b]7.) How long have you been in YWS?[/b]

[b]8.) How many workshops and contests have you participated in at YWS?[/b]

[b]9.) Who have been your greatest influences here?[/b]

[b]10.) What is your most favorite section in the forums?[/b]

[b]11.) Do you remember the first person you've met here? Who?[/b]

[b]12.) What was your worst writer's block?[/b]

[b]13.) Have you or your works been featured? Do you want to?[/b]

[b]14.) What is the best work you've read here and why? A link would do![/b]

[b]15.) Have you met somebody in YWS in real life?[/b]

[b]16.) Have you tried reading an article in [/b][url=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewforum.php?f=387]Squills[/url] [b]or[/b] [url=http://www.writinggooder.com/]Writing Gooder[/url][b]?[/b]

[b]17.) How many storybooks have you been in?[/b]

[b]18.) What book would you like to recommend the most to YWSers?[/b]

[b]19.) Have you used the foes feature when it was available in your profile settings?[/b]

[b]20.) What do you think is the best thing YWS have done to you?
[/b]

[b]1.) Do you know who Pat Buchanan really is?[/b]

[b]2.) Have you ever tried hunting unicorns or sea monsters in YWS?[/b]

[b]3.) Have you tried eating a book before?[/b]

[b]4.) For you, what's the least favorable forum/section here?[/b]

[b]5.) How many grammatical errors have you found in the posts around the forums? How many in this post?[/b]
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:59 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Spot claimage!

A long time ago, when I was young and impetuous, I was very at home on a site known as TYWC or The Young Writers Club. But one dark and rainy day, a person-who-deserves-no-name stole across the intersections of the Internet and attacked our site. We awoke to the guest wall spammed with the link to another site which had slowed our load pages drastically!

In a rage of anger, I followed the link and found myself on YWS. I quickly located the owner of the forum and began to type a rude e-mail of attack, informing him of the damage one of his members had done and demanding this person be punished!

But the e-mail was rude and I had never been one to support rudeness. I changed a sentence here. I chose a different word there. I browsed around the site I had found myself at and became increasingly impressed with the conduct and community of the members. I began to feel that I was intruding on their peace, but I could not leave without having my say and without defending my home.

I couldn't tell you know what level of rudeness was in the e-mail I sent to Nate, but I can say it was full of anger and passion. I also couldn't tell you what Nate's response was, but I can tell you he was just as angry about the situation as me and my suspicions that YWS was actually a nice place were confirmed.

Some time later, I started posting and over time YWS became my new home, though I was still saddened by the decline of TYWC.

I discovered I appreciated writing through my love of reading so I'd estimate around the age of two or three. I was very quickly attached to the books my family owned and it wasn't long before I progressed from children's books to the slightly older range of Enid Blyton and Dick King-Smith's 'The Invisible Dog'.

I think it might have been Who Art Thou? | Poem | Horror/ Supernatural.

Most people call me Heather, can't think why ;) I'm also Sabre, Pulchra, Kitty, Kitty15. Ry, Rydie and Boss.

I've been banned from chat! I asked one of the JM's to ban me once to test something out :D Other than that, nope. I'm the one who does the banning ;)

Either fan-fiction or romance. Sometimes they're okay, but generally I feel romance should be a sub-genre of a book and a fan-fic has to be real good to hold my attention.

5 years, 10 months!

Uh, I have no idea. Somewhere between 20 and 50.

Emerson helped me out with writing and reviewing. Master Hunter (Dono) and Captain Adam helped my love of storybooking grow. Nate was very welcoming and easy to get along with and Reyu fuelled my love of mischief.

Do I have to answer this? Storybooks!

Alainna was the very first to welcome me to the site and one of my dearest and oldest friends. I think a close second would be Twit though! She's awesome :D

Work. Work gets in the way of my writing time :/

Yes! I was featured heavily when I first joined the site, back when it was worked out solely on points and I made it my aim to stay above Snoink on the leaderboard xD As for my works, I had a poem featured recently, but I think that was my first time!

Oooh, errr. I've read too many to choose one, I think. Let me mull it over and get back to you.

I have met: Via, Firestarter, Jiggity, Twit, Charlie, Lauren and Cadi! Then a few people I am related to/ invited to the site as well.

16.) Have you tried reading an article in Squills or Writing Gooder?
Does writing one count? Either way, the answer is of course!

Seriously. You are seriously asking that question? I'd estimate a few hundred.

Every writer should read a book on how to write: http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1714 ... on_Writing

19.) Have you used the foes feature when it was available in your profile settings?
Nope!

It has given me a lot of confidence and strong, written communication skills which I've been using in my current job, so YWS has done a lot for me.

Yes, yes I do.

I have hunted unicorns, I think! Uh- not so sure about sea monsters.

No, I've heard it's not the most efficient way to digest knowledge.

I tend to avoid serious discussion and debate, but not because it's a bad forum. I just get enough confrontation in other areas of my life, thanks.

5.) How many grammatical errors have you found in the posts around the forums? How many in this post?

There's always going to be the occasional literary post which you just don't want to review.

13 in this post, though some are more personal choice!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

57 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 57
Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:02 am
View Likes
Animal says...

Immortalizing my post as the first second third one...

I was working on my novel, the Animal Politics and was going through different writing sites. I found YWS to be the best around. Once I was here, I couldn't leave.

That is a long story. Later...

Don't know. But of course, fantasy and humor.

No. Not really, I had my name as my username before but I got it changed.

Yes. I have been banished from the chat for posting in hearts a lot of hearts.

Fantasy, Humor, Satire...

Since December 25, 2012. Last year's Christmas...

Not many...

Many. Can't say is particular...

SB. But I guess that it is a all different forum. So, The Lounge and Art And Photography etc.

I am afraid that I don't remember. I guess Payne...

None...

No. I don't understand that how these things work...

The Secret Life Of Superheroes by Charlie II and there was something called...I have forgotten but I will search and tell you EUREKA Here it is > The Adventures of Emperor Dog the Penguin Dog
I guess, that I have referred some of my real life friends here. So, kind of...

Yes. Now and all the time.

Countless...

I think there isn't enough space here to name 'em all...

No. Let me check it out :twisted:

Can't say... :(
Last edited by Animal on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
deleted

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:10 am
View Likes
Blues says...

I was looking for some writing articles and I stumbled on YWS... it happened a few times and then I wondered, "How come I haven't joined?!" and then... stuff happened.

I think I was 7? Something for Literacy, as they called it back then. My first story was basically a rip off of Cinderella, featuring a boy called Harry, two mean sisters called Jane and Alexand (ikr) and a rollerskating competition. Yeah...

3.) What is the title, kind and genre of the first piece you posted at YWS?

Oh god. xD The Diamond Fist, Prologue or something. Action/adventure.

Yellows, Bluesy, Ahmad, ducky, Maddisco, Bleus, Belus, Bles, AB, Mac...

I think when I first became a mod I tried to see if I could kick myself from chat... and it worked. xD And then Master Yoda muted me. I think it was because I muted him or something. xD

Sparkly-Vampire-Werewolf-vegetarian-not-scary-silly Romance

A year and a half.

I don't think I've ever participated in a contest but I've tried to go to ALL THE WORKSHOPS because I like workshops and they're fun.

E'erybody!

The Lounge.

I think Writer97 (who goes by PandaRawr now) was my first friend here. She needs to get back on YWS!

I'm struggling with it right now! I haven't been able to write for months or even a year without wanting to head/desk.

Oh, yes. I think it was in September 2011 and I wrote something about 7/7. Cringeworthy :P

Too many to mention!

I did introduce someone to YWS... but apart from that, I haven't. I'd love to change that :P

I read Squills! And I write for Writing Gooder :P

Three? Four?

Tricky one, but North Child is pretty good! :P

...I forgot that existed.

Best thing it has done... uh. Improve my writing for one... it's just helped me go through all the hard times and I have friends here. I think it also meant that I wasn't so much of a hyper fourteen year old (I think a bit of that still remains!

EASTER EGGS

1) Pat Buchanan "is an American conservative political commentator, author, syndicated columnist, politician, and broadcaster," so in other words, a ... person?

2) No...

3) Does eating paper count? It's so difficult to swallow!

4)
The sections that don't exist :P

5) Very few! Which is a good thing because I cannot stand chatspeak at all. It makes me want to cry.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:12 am
View Likes
LemonyIce says...

1.) How did you discover YWS in the first place? TwistedMuffins introduced me to it! :D

2.) When did you discover that you like or appreciate writing? After I joined YWS. ^_^ I started writing when I was 7, inspired by Enid Blyton because I loved those books, but I actually started appreciating it when I joined YWS. :3

3.) What is the title, kind and genre of the first piece you posted at YWS? An Adventure in A Cave, Short Story, Fantasy and Adventure. It was horrible

4.) Do you have a YWS nickname? Loads. xD

5.) Have you ever been banned in the forums or in chat? Nope! I'm a good kid. ;D

6.) What genre of literature do you detest the most? None! I'm willing to read any genre, really.

7.) How long have you been in YWS? 2 years this August! :D

8.) How many workshops and contests have you participated in at YWS? None, mostly because they were always at the wrong time. >.> But I'm participating in tomorrow's Poetry Workshop! :D I'm not sure about the contests, but I think three as well...

9.) Who have been your greatest influences here? ALL THE PEOPLE!

10.) What is your most favorite section in the forums? The Lounge!

11.) Do you remember the first person you've met here? Who? ancientforever, I think. It's been a while since I've seen her around, though. D:

12.) What was your worst writer's block? Three months straight. And this was just recently. It was horrible. I couldn't think of anything to write at all. Stupid exams

13.) Have you or your works been featured? Do you want to? Nope. It would be nice if they were, but I need to write something worth featuring, don't I? ;D

14.) What is the best work you've read here and why? A link would do! I've read quite a few great works here, actually! Can't remember all of them. D:

15.) Have you met somebody in YWS in real life? ...No. But someday! Someday, I shall.

16.) Have you tried reading an article in Squills or Writing Gooder? I write for Squills. ;D I used to read it before I started writing for it, too! And I read Writing Gooder every now and then.

17.) How many storybooks have you been in? Three. I gave profiles for quite a few, but we never actually started those SBs...

18.) What book would you like to recommend the most to YWSers? The Harry Potter series (OH YEAH) by J. K. Rowling, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, The Tale of Despearaux(sp?) and The Magician's Elephant both by Kate DiCamillo, Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, and The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick.

19.) Have you used the foes feature when it was available in your profile settings? Nope! I don't need to. ^u^

20.) What do you think is the best thing YWS have done to you? I changed a lot. A LOT. I became a lot more open-minded, and a better person in general. I can't say my writing has improved because I still think it's terrible, but then almost every writer thinks that don't they? I definitely started writing a lot more, and I'm glad I did.

Easter Eggs Dare:

1.) Do you know who Pat Buchanan really is? No. x3 Please don't kill me

2.) Have you ever tried hunting unicorns or sea monsters in YWS? Do narwhals count? xD

3.) Have you tried eating a book before? No. Do they taste like chocolate?

4.) For you, what's the least favorable forum/section here? Serious Discussion and Debate. Mostly because I'm very bad at debating.

5.) How many grammatical errors have you found in the posts around the forums? Quite a few... But y'know, newbies. ;D
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:57 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

1.) How did you discover YWS in the first place? It was my birthday and I was searching for writing sites out of interest / boredom.

2.) When did you discover that you like or appreciate writing? Year 1 or Year 2 in primary school, though I've always been an avid reader.

3.) What is the title, form and genre of the first piece you posted at YWS? Uhh, let me go check. Aftermath Chapter 1. A post-apocalyptic action-adventure first chapter of a novel.

4.) Do you have a YWS nickname? Many, ranging from ninja, noni, and ninjae to jae, jaspre, ninjin, and many more.

5.) Have you ever been banned in the forums or in chat? Not as far as I know.

6.) What genre of literature do you detest the most? I don't really detest and genres, but I've never been a fan of the so called "classics" such as Wuthering Heights (if these classics even have there own genre?).

7.) How long have you been in YWS? Since June 10, 2011.

8.) How many workshops and contests have you participated in at YWS? Lots and, lots of workshops and a handful of contests.

9.) Who have been your greatest influences here? Nobody has really influenced my writing, though Audy has influenced my poetry. Though, AnnieBauthor and Payne have influenced my life.

10.) What is your most favorite section in the forums? Serious discussion and debate.

11.) Do you remember the first person you've met here? Who?Scarlettfire. She has been a friend ever since the first time I met her in chat.

12.) What was your worst writer's block? From late 2011 to early 2013. It was absolutely horrible.

13.) Have you or your works been featured? Do you want to? Nope, though being the attention-greedy person that I am, I wouldn't mind being featured.

14.) What is the best work you've read here and why? A link would do! I haven't read that many works here that really stand out, but The Old Crone by WrittenInStone really stood out back when I first stumbled across it.

15.) Have you met somebody in YWS in real life? Nope, though there are a few people who I'd love to meet.

16.) Have you tried reading an article in Squills or Writing Gooder? Yes.

17.) How many storybooks have you been in? Lots. At least 10.

18.) What book would you like to recommend the most to YWSers? The Dark Heavens series by Kylie Chan.

19.) Have you used the foes feature when it was available in your profile settings? Nope.

Can't decide on just one: Improved my writing, gave me awesome new friends, helped during one of the hardest times in my life so far.

1.) Do you know who Pat Buchanan really is? I read his Wikipedia article once and he seemed like a creepy, outspoken old man of a politician.

2.) Have you ever tried hunting unicorns or sea monsters in YWS? No?

3.) Have you tried eating a book before? Paper: yes, books: no.

4.) For you, what's the least favorable forum/section here? Serious Discussion and Debate. It has taken up too much of my free time.

5.) How many grammatical errors have you found in the posts around the forums? How many in this post? In posts, too many to count. In this, don't know, wasn't looking. I'd assume zero though, as a mod did this.
Last edited by noninjaes on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:58 am
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

It is not nice that the author of this page will not post his answers, so...THIS IS MINE!

I've read an article about it somewhere. I think it's something about publishing for free or about getting feedback on your writing. I thought joining was bogus, but it was one of my better best decisions in life.

I love reading, and I have since I was young. I found that I don't like some of the materials I read so I tried writing. I can't remember when was it, though.

A poem. I forgot the title, and I'm too lazy to find it, but I'm sure it's a poem. Maybe humor or something.

A few: Fredzy, Alfy, Alfredsy, Symon, Alf, Al, Almond, Jose (c/o Rydia) and Alf, the Remarkably Great and Marvelous (c/o me)

No, not even once. It would be a very embarrassing experience though.

I love all genres! What I don't like is some specific topics about some genres, like the Battle at Waterloo or fire-dancing.

I dunno...a little more than two years?

I think I've been to three workshops and two contests.

Everyone especially the kindhearted mods! This excludes Pat Buchanan.

I'm part of the Resources crew, so that means I must like EVERYTHING in it! I especially like the Writers' Corner and the Knowledge Base. Oh, and don't forget the In the News section!

NO! After registering, I fell asleep for six months and when I opened my account I saw a lot of names, so no.

Whenever I try to start a new piece I get the WB, and those are the worst.

I have been featured once, not long time ago *emotional music cue in*. When the Apollo first opened to public. Yes, that was the time. One of my poems got featured, too!

Everything's the best! I mean, all of them is in need of some support yes, but all the ideas and concepts I found in the many posts at YWS are so beautiful and rich!

I haven't met them personally, but outside YWS, yes. I have my ate Hei who I've been with in a lot of online interactions.

I'm the editor-in-chief of Squills and I'm a Writing Gooder contributor! What else could I say?

Four, four of which I haven't participated in well. Oh, wait, that means all, right?

The Wicked Years by Gregory Maguire is, for me, the most brilliant set of war novels evahr.

Yes, and now I regret it :(

Helping become who I am today. *emotional BGM no. 2 cue in* I think the best though that I can explain is that it helped me develop in the fields of writing and reading. Also, it had become a part of my curriculum vitae, pushing my extra-curricular points higher and helping me get Gold when I graduated high school!

Not until now! I actually thought he was a pirate, before, seriously. Oh yeah, he is still now, right?

YES. Until now I am trying to find a unicorn and a sea monster by the name of Nessie. No results yet, though.

Yes, it was quite actually yummy. I don't like eating the oxidized ones, though.

The forums I can't still hear, see or smell.

SECRET!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:31 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

1.) How did you discover YWS in the first place? I had my grandma's computer and was watching a Harry Potter movie then decided I'd look online for writing tips. And I typed in the search engine: Writing tips for young writers. And guess what popped up? Yes. YWS. I bookmarked it and thought I'd only look at that page when I needed to. Then I started exploring the site and thought, "Hey, I should jump on this bandwagon!"

2.) When did you discover that you like or appreciate writing? When I was around 8 or 7 years old, I believe.

3.) What is the title, form and genre of the first piece you posted at YWS? The Dragon. It was a fantasy short story.

4.) Do you have a YWS nickname? Many. Purple, Purps, Lilapurps, Purble, etc.

5.) Have you ever been banned in the forums or in chat? Nope. :D

6.) What genre of literature do you detest the most? Science fiction. Not very often do I enjoy sci-fi stories.

7.) How long have you been in YWS? Almost three years. <3 we made it this long, YWS baby, we can last forever, I think! <3

8.) How many workshops and contests have you participated in at YWS? Two.

9.) Who have been your greatest influences here? For a while I thought Snoink and Nate were the best people ever. They are but I was like, "These guys are better than bacon."

10.) What is your most favorite section in the forums? The Lounge!!!

11.) Do you remember the first person you've met here? Who? A lot of people who aren't on anymore...

12.) What was your worst writer's block? The one that lasted for six months.

13.) Have you or your works been featured? Do you want to? Yes. It made me so happy inside!

14.) What is the best work you've read here and why? A link would do! I read a Mary Sue parody that I don't feel like finding. Mary Sue Therapy was probably the name.

No. Sorta. Um...I had friends who went on here but hated it so they aren't on anymore. Does that count?
16.) Have you tried reading an article in Squills or Writing Gooder? Everyday! Or whenever there's a new post.

17.) How many storybooks have you been in? six.

18.) What book would you like to recommend the most to YWSers?Graceling by Kristen Cashore. Or Vixen by Jillian Larkin.

19.) Have you used the foes feature when it was available in your profile settings? Yes. Because he was a guy I knew in real life that I don't talk to anymore.

Taught me how to write properly so publishers won't laugh at me.

1.) Do you know who Pat Buchanan really is? I do now. I googled him.

2.) Have you ever tried hunting unicorns or sea monsters in YWS? Yes. But they're slippery little creatures. Gotta be careful. No.

3.) Have you tried eating a book before? No. I hate having paper rustled near me. What makes you think putting paper in my mouth would bring me any joy?!

4.) For you, what's the least favorable forum/section here? None.

5.) How many grammatical errors have you found in the posts around the forums? How many in this post?? A lot. It's ok, though. Because I see a new author author unfolding before my eyes! They'll get that hang of it sooner or later.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:47 pm
View Likes
GeeLyria says...

I Googled: "Writing Tips".

The day before I joined YWS, I started writing a script.

Do I really have to answer this one? xD It was romance.

Solvy, Solvyalvy, Geely, Soleil, soooooooooooooooooooool, sunny, momo, Lyria, ect.

No. WHY HAVEN'T I? D:

Fan fiction. -.-

Almost three years.

One workshop, three contests.

Hey! That's a lot of people...

Randomosity.

Inactive: Mizzle. Active: MiaParamore.

Right now. .-.

Yeah.......................

Omaigod. shoaib's poetry!

What are you talking about? I've met them all in real life. B]

Yes!

None. .-.

1984 by George Orwell. c:

What for? o.o Lol. Nope.

It's helped me improve academically.

Pfff... Patch Adam's evil twin, DUH!

No. I've hunt wabbits, though. Shhhhh. Be quiet!

Yes.

Serious Discussion & Debate (but to each his own xD)

I've found approximately 923740309070231789876.79 since I joined, and none in this post. c:
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:00 pm
Audy says...

Google search P:

I read a book as a child, and I felt incomplete when it ended, so I started writing my own stories xD Oh lawds. They were horrible. I think one involved a magical sword and a realm that rained animals. o.o Yeah. I think I was 9.

lolololol! I call it The Gawd-Awful Poem of Trying to be Cool

4.) Do you have a YWS nickname? I shouldn't. My username is only 4 letters, but people like to exploit that for some reason.

5.) Have you ever been banned in the forums or in chat? No, I'll ban back.

6.) What genre of literature do you detest the most? Uhh, do I detest? Uhm. I dunno, there's not much I really detest. I used to detest fantasy, but now I have come to love it (thanks GRR Martin) I suppose I have a love-hate with teen YA novels. Depending on the novel, I'll either love it or hate it. There's no inbetween.

Since 2007. Don't even count the number of years - that makes me sound old.

Looooooots! There's one TODAY, woooo!

All you poets - you are all my influences. And you novelists out there who keep clacking. You all know who you are :P

POETRY! woo!

XD Tenyo. ily. And prolly Jabber, though I might not have known it at the time.

Uhm. 2009-present. Yeah.

Oh yes.

Recently, it's been this. Check out: Persy's most recent poem, it's great.

Bubblewrapped's poetry has always caught my imagination.

And Snoink's short stories have taught me the meaning of horror. Srsly. Great stuffs.

15.) Have you met somebody in YWS in real life? Not yet. But we should plan some sort of something; I'm happy to carpool.

Everyday! It's great stuff! ;) Writing now...I'll need to get on that!

Ugh. 1 somewhat successfully. And 3 others where I completely blew the bucket on, sorry guys :c Not so good at these commitment things.

Oh, House of Leaves. Read it! Read it! Read it!

LOOOOLZ! No. I love everybody.

I think it's improved my writing tremendously. Like, heaps and heaps. Plus, online friends <3

lawds. All I know is that it wouldn't be YWS without this sort of question.

Can I hunt [user]Kyllorac?[/user]

All the time. All the filling without the calories.

XD I think they're all great.

Hopefully not so many ;c

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:12 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Sure, why not?

1.) How did you discover YWS in the first place? I was summoned-- oh no, it wasn't it. I was looking for scholarships and college stuff for young writers.

2.) When did you discover that you like or appreciate writing? I learned I appreciated writing when I read my first book and figured there's a person behind it, with all the awesome ideas and words and sleepless nights. I learned I liked writing (if any kind of writing counts) as soon as I knew how to.

I'm fairly sure it was Reminiscence. Novel, labeled fantasy/lyrical.

4.) Do you have a YWS nickname? Well, I'm called Aria by most. But also I'm called Songbird, Sis, demon (this is just stating the obvious), Alia, Awia and Ri. And Arianwen! I actually happen to like them all.

5.) Have you ever been banned in the forums or in chat? Yes, in chat. I wanted to know what happens when I get banned, and a friendly mod was around to asist. I did nothing wrong :p

6.) What genre of literature do you detest the most? I don't detest anything. But I will go with fanfiction of YA books, or even worse, music. And that's only because they're more often than not written terribly.

7.) How long have you been in YWS? 105 days o_o

8.) How many workshops and contests have you participated in at YWS? Um.. I think it was three contests? Or two. And a workshop I tried to participate in, but Docs weren't cooperative xP

9.) Who have been your greatest influences here? Interesting question. I wouldn't pick one, but rather say this whole site, with all the reviewers, generally friendly people, advices and stories :3

10.) What is your most favorite section in the forums? Um. I guess Storybook section doesn't count? A&P, maybe, then, or the whole Creativity Corner. And The Lounge. But I'm generally not often here in forums.

11.) Do you remember the first person you've met here? Who? I actually don't recall the very first O: I remember Demeter being very nice to me when I was very new, but in the beginning I didn't think I'll be staying here (especially not this much), so I didn't even really pay attention.

12.) What was your worst writer's block? During the last NaNo =_= Though it was more of a real live getting in the way thing that actual block.

13.) Have you or your works been featured? Do you want to? I honestly don't know. If it was before, I didn't pay attention a bit. My Storybook's been featured in Squills, if that counts :p

14.) What is the best work you've read here and why? A link would do! Again, just one? Hard to say. Works by my Brother LouisCypher, though, have the exact kind of darkness and flow I like, in both prose and poetry.

15.) Have you met somebody in YWS in real life? Well, besides my demon family and those I stalked via dreams, not yet :3

16.) Have you tried reading an article in Squills or Writing Gooder? Of course! Actually, I read both quite regularly, and allow me to compliment all the writers making them, while at it.

17.) How many storybooks have you been in? Oh bahaha. Um, I believe all together it gets to around 15. Most of them still active ^_^

18.) What book would you like to recommend the most to YWSers? Hah. Have you read, say, Map of Time by Felix J. Palma? There's too much books I like, and people here are rather versatile (which is awesome), so I'm sure there will be those liking it and those hating it *shrugs*

19.) Have you used the foes feature when it was available in your profile settings? Nope.

Made me realise I'm not the only one. When it comes to many things.

Right..

1.) Do you know who Pat Buchanan really is? Actually, I do ^^

2.) Have you ever tried hunting unicorns or sea monsters in YWS? Um.. No. But I had an Exorcist hunting me <.<

3.) Have you tried eating a book before? Literally eating? No. Sniffing, though, that's a regular thing whenever I get a new one :3

4.) For you, what's the least favorable forum/section here? I don't think I have that.

5.) How many grammatical errors have you found in the posts around the forums? How many in this post? If the SB section counts, again, then enough to write a novel consisting only of grammatical errors.
Last edited by crossroads on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:12 pm
View Likes
carbonCore says...

I met the user known here as Bickazer on FictionPress, where I originally posted my works. She directed me to YWS.

2004-2008. I participated in a huge forum RP (what you call here SB) for four years.

The Law of Moses -- short story, magical realism.

cC, cP, among other, more embarrassing ones.

Nope. I have been warned by a mod in chat once, for being too irresistible.

I don't have feelings as strong as "detest" towards any literature. However, I somewhat dislike modern and post-modern fiction.

A little over two years. One of those years I was MIA. So, a little over one year in practical terms.

I've hosted a contest, co-judged another two, and participated in four or five.

BadNarrator, napalmerski, Jagged.

10.) What is your most favourite section in the forums?
uuuh. The Lounge.

Rosey Unicorn was among the first. Also, Tigersprite.

ha ha ha

Five of my works have been featured.

There aren't a lot of pieces that really spoke to me, but I can't pick the best one from among the ones that did.

no

yes

one

Richard Brautigan -- Trout Fishing In America

nope

It has exposed me to incredible people I would have never met in real life.
_

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:16 pm
megsug says...

Actually, my dad did a google search for me. I guess I was pestering him too much. :D

Seventh grade, I had to write a story for social studies, and I read it out loud. There was the beat of quiet when I finished where I knew I had my classmates in the palm of my hand, and I've been thoroughly obsessed ever since.

...Oh no... I wanted to forget this...
Night Life. Form: Other Genre: Other
So, really, it's nothing at all...

Meg, Megs, and Egs. Oh, and recently, Megsies.

No. I'm too quiet for that.

Realistic teen romance

Two years and... a day from 7 months. It doesn't feel that long...

Two workshops and... er... I'm counting seven contests.

Whoo... There are tons and tons. Some of them don't even get on anymore.

Serious Discussion and Debate

...I can't remember...

My worst writer's block happens to be underway at the moment. I thought it had gone away, but no, that was just a fake, apparently.

I was reviewer of the month once, if that counts. I don't personally need to be featured, but I would like a work of mine to be featured... It would be a bit of an ego boost. :D

...Wow... Um... So many to choose from Venom by Cole was very beautiful, but anything from that portfolio is wonderful, I think.

Not that I didn't know in real life already though I'd love to see some of you guys.

I've checked Squills out, but I haven't gotten around to Writing Gooder.

All of these questions are so hard...
Somewhere around ten.

Since it seems not everyone is into Victorian literature. -_-
I would suggest anything by Tamora Pierce, especially her Beka Cooper series.

Hahaha. No. I had wanted to though at least once. I dunno why.

Built up my confidence. I used to guard my writing and snarl over it when anyone approached. I've only attacked one person since YWS. I don't do that anymore.

Easter Egg Dare: Answer at your own risk!

Um... Isn't he a... governor... of some sort? Maybe?

No though it sounds exhilarating.

Figuratively, yes. ;)

Serious Discussion and Debate... It's a love/hate relationship.

You ask for so many numbers!
Test

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:27 pm
View Likes
ChocoCookie says...

- Lovely TwistedMuffins introduced me here even after not knowing that I write.

- I think when I was 7 because that's when I actually started to appreciate the feeling of putting all your problems or anger into a prose/poem.

- L.O.V.E= Fail!, Poem, Romance. I regret writing that. But I guess I've learned quite a lot after that.

- They're endless! XD Though a few of them are Choco, Cookie, Coco...

- I have here! ^^ Oh, the joys.

- Um... I can read pretty much any genre if it comes to my interest, really. Books have never been shielded from my world.

- Two years, this August.

- I don't think I've participated for any workshops because I didn't have the time to but I might have participated in a few contests.

- Everyone has been a great influence. One way or another, someone has taught me something. Though a few mentions would be Qaralynn, Lava and GeeLyria. These three people taught me many things.

- Randomosity, Art & Photography.

- TwistedMuffins was the first one to post but I already knew her. The other person was...*runs off to see profile* Jennya

- For 5 months or so, I think. >.<

- No, none of them have. I wouldn't say I don't want them to get featured, it was would be nice! But also, I don't think I have so much of that talent in me.

- So many! DD: So many people write SO GOOD here.

- Lets see. TwistedMuffins, Angelreader77, LemonyIce, Macyblak.

- Yes! I read the Squills almost everyday. I think I've read very few of "Writing Gooder" but, I have read articles from both.

- Endless list of my characters. ;D

- The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling, A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

- Nope. :S

- It made a change in my personality and writing. I thing it has taught me that there are lots more to life and also, YWS has always been there to talk my things through. There's a lot of encouragement and I don't think I'd need anything else. It taught me how to have fun and just be yourself.

- *bites nails* No, Yes, No, Yes, No, Yes. I DON'T KNOW.

- SEA MONSTERS, yus! ~ No joke.

- No? o.O Well, paper- yes. But a book, never.

- Nothing really. I like all the forums equally. =)

- In this post, none. In forums, a few.
Last edited by ChocoCookie on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna