z

Young Writers Society

Time For Crazy Story/Poem Weekend! You Can Make A Difference

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:28 pm
Nate says...

Right now, tens of stories and poems all over the board are going without reviews. They often face each day with no access to the sort of amenities other stories and poems take so often for granted.

But for only ten reviews this weekend, you can make a difference in the lives of these forgotten stories. You can bring light and joy to the page of a story or poem that was left on the wayside.

So please, sign up now by becoming a sponsor for a forum during this weekend. As a sponsor, you will feel the joy of knowing that you helped a story who thought that he was alone in this world.

So get out and review those pieces with only two, one, or zero reviews! Get out and read and know that you made a difference.

:P
Last edited by Nate on Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

425 Reviews

Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:30 pm
Nate says...

Some quick details... if you want to sponsor a forum this weekend, just reply here with the name of the forum. Doubling, tripling, quintupling, etc. up is allowed.

If you don't choose to sponsor a forum, that's okay too. Just reply here if you're planning to review ten pieces from a motley of forums.

The goal by Monday is for no story or poem to have just one, or zero reviews!
Last edited by Nate on Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:37 pm
Rei says...

I like it. Don't know if I'll have time to post ten reviews, but I'll see what I can do in the fantasy section.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:37 pm
Skye says...

Haha, great idea! :D I'll sponsor the "Other Poetry" forum. I need to start reviewing again.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:39 pm
backgroundbob says...

Ohhh... I'm not here this weekend :(

Good luck, folks!
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:47 pm
niteowl says...

Okay I'll try to do ten reviews from the poetry forums. And possibly Lyrics. Maybe I should wait to start until I wake up a little though. I mean, it's not even noon yet! :P
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

425 Reviews

Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:47 pm
Nate says...

If you can't review ten, just do what you can. I'm going to shoot for five a day starting today; back during my TYWC days, I would do 20 on some days.

And if everyone who participates can do this, keep track of how many reviews you make and post your total on Monday!

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:06 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

I'll review poetry/lyrics (and probably more than 10).
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:47 pm
Sam says...

I'll review Historical Fiction, Other Fiction...and maybe a poetry forum.

This shall be fun...:twisted:

EDIT: Never mind. I'll do anything story or poem related that I can get my hands on...
Last edited by Sam on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:38 pm
Firestarter says...

I think I'm going to review Historical Fiction and Dramatic Poetry.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

425 Reviews

Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:18 pm
Nate says...

I'm working on science fiction and other fiction. I'll probably do a little bit from all the fiction categories, but no poems. I stink at reviewing poems.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:34 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I'll stick to fiction. I was working on a fantasy review yesterday at some ungodly hour. I think I'll go finish it.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:37 pm
David Guinness says...

I'm pretty busy this weekend, but I'll just try to critique whatever I get my hands on that's missing a review. A little fiction, lots of poetry.
David Guinness

425 Reviews

Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:33 am
Nate says...

I've done six so far this weekend! How is everyone else doing?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:15 am
Wiggy says...

I'll do historical fiction (Jess' Bound for Glory), Fantasy (DD's C of W&D), and some other stuff, prolly mostly in poetry and then maybe some in other fiction or romantic fiction or historical fiction. But def the specific works I mentioned.

Okay, I don't care if this is advertising lol-would someone mind doing a crit on at least the second part of my story Inscription of Love? I updated it two days ago and have gotten a marvelous crit from DD, but I'd like as much feedback as possible. This story is so important to me and I have a deadline of Nov. that I need to submit the final copy to a magazine called THEMA. I'm not trying to grovel for crits, but just some feedback.

And to make up for it, I'll crit a whoooole lot this weekend for people. :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

Uh, Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time. Just like that rainforest scare a few years back: our officials saw there was a problem and they fixed it, didn't they?
— Homer Simpson