z

Young Writers Society

This Is Scary

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:21 pm
LamaLama says...

backgroundbob wrote:Hah, when was the last time you were on a plane? :D nowhere's given out free headsets since Canada3000 collapsed ten or so years ago.

I was given a free headset en-route from Omaha to D.C. in 2004.

Checked luggage is checked for any kind of explosives. Its not a concern of the aviation commision. In the states at least, they open and inspect all luggage on the spot. Sometimes they inspect it again when you aren't there. So remote detonation isn't a worry.

You can't pack enough explosives in a condom to destroy an aircraft. You'd need a lot of people, all on the same flight, to do that. Like 10 or 12 people each with some kind of plastique explosive, or explosives like the ones the UK terrorists were trying to use. You'd also need to find some way of smuggling in a detonator, which you can't pack in a condom inside your stomach. Contrary to common belief, plastique is innert, and doesn't detonate so easily as shooting at it. Without any electronic devices on board, there's no way to set it off.

And- they have a counter for the intelligent burglers. There's a competion held every year that challenges people to break into different secured areas with different security systems. There are several systems that have not been broken to this date. The ones that have use the people that broke in to them as consultants for making the system better. The airline security people would be wise to adopt this kind of failsafe.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

We think in generalities, but we live in details.
— Alfred North Whitehead