z

Young Writers Society

Name Change for Dream Deep?

So Prosithion/Reas keeps telling me to change my name to Morgenstern. What do ya think?

Yes, change it
No votes
No, keep it like it is
100%

Total votes : 13

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:42 am
Dream Deep says...

Reas/Prosithion tells me to change my name to Morgenstern. Lol, the trouble is I got used to signing everything Dreamy. What do ya think I should do, everyone? Keep it Dream Deep or change it? ^_^

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:45 am
Black Ghost says...

Why would you want to change it? Dream Deep is an excellent name.

504 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:45 am
Dream Deep says...

Lol, I think so... But I'm bored and I don't really know what to do with it. ^_^ Hence this poll. So. I see there's one in favor of "Dream Deep". :P

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:56 am
Firestarter says...

Keep it!

Changing names is just plain confusing.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

504 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:59 am
Dream Deep says...

Ah. Two in favor. ^_^ This is getting fun. But didn't you go back and forth between Firsetarter and Jack an awful lot on TSR...? ^_~

Lol... interesting poll, this.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:02 am
Ares says...

Idunno, DD is...DD...

And what is 'Morgenstern' anyway?

Seriously guys.

idunno.

It's too un-DD.

So to wrap everything up, I'd say keep the old name. Or come up with something more like Dream Deep.

504 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:06 am
Dream Deep says...

Lol. Too un-DD? DD is DD. Yay me. Hehehe, okay, just checking. I don't think I really want to do it, but just wanted to see how many people agreed with Reas.

~ Morgenstern = Morningstar

Lol.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:07 am
Nate says...

I think there's a big difference between Firestarter changing his name to Jack, and you changing you name to Morgenstern because most everyone already knows that when you say "Jack" you mean "Firestarter." But you changing your name to Morgenstern would mean no one would know who you are until you told them.

Personally, I hate it when members change their usernames; it's just plain annoying. That's why it's disabled and you have to ask an admin first. Of course, I always accomodate a request for a name change, but having to go through an admin to do it provides a powerful disincentive.

And why do people change their names? I really don't get it. Everyone knows you as one name, and changing it to another just confuses people.

504 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:09 am
Dream Deep says...

O.O Okay. Lol, sorry. Just wanted to know if anyone agreed with Reas...

*goes off chastised to keep Dream Deep...*

164 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:18 am
Ares says...

Morningstar is cool. Morgenstern or whatever...not so much.

And Nate, in my case, I change stuff A LOT. I just get sick of stuff easily. It's weird. But I definetly see where your coming from.

504 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:20 am
Dream Deep says...

Lol... Morningstar. I like it. Hehe, but everyone seems to be in favor of "Dream Deep", so I suppose this thread has very little point now...

Lol, only I don't know you to delete it... there doesn't seem to be that option in the upper right hand corner... :roll:

I remember you went from zep head to metal head to zed lepplin to mh mjilonir to mh pirate... heh... got confusing, but it was cool. ^_^

164 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:35 am
Ares says...

lol. Yea I did.

So you're sticking with DD then?

504 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:36 am
Dream Deep says...

So it would appear. DD is is. Aka Dream Deep. Aka Dreamy. Aka Dream. Heh, I like my name anyway, to be honest. I'm just SO eye-gouging, brain-bleeding bored...

I need to go crit... oy, but it's late here. >_<

164 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:45 am
Ares says...

Go critique, or look up maps on St. Petersburg, that sounds fun.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:58 am
Bjorn says...

Dream Deep! I see you're taking a strong liking to Rammstein, but that's no problemo, because I love 'em too! However, I think you shouldn't change it. Dream Deep just seems...you. Sure, I changed mine, but I felt more for Bjorn. I suppose if you feel more like a Morning Star, then it's your choice to change it.
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.
— Napoleon Bonaparte