z

Young Writers Society

Petition to stop Ashlee Simspon

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:57 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

Yesterday when my sister and I were in the car, shortly after an Ashlee Simpson song was played on the radio, the announcer stated that yesterday morning, someone out there has created a petition to try and stop Ashlee Simpson from doing anything, including "recording, touring, modeling, and performing." If you want to join the other 60,000 people who have already signed the petition, go to:
http://www.petitiononline.com/StopAsh/petition.html

Well, if you ask me...I'm like, go ahead! She screams the words into the microphone and sometimes they're the wrong ones...
What do you think about this petition?
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:32 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

Acid Reflux, he he. I do like 'Pieces of Me.' I would, but I don't want to. Sorry.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:51 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

Why do I got nothing against that semi-brunette b**** I dont know. Perhaps I like her. :P :evil:
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:55 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

Oh, I would so, so sign that if they didn't require my e-mail address! :evil: Not only can she not really sing(or, at least, I don't like her voice), she's annoying and always talking about how she's in Jessica's shadow! GRRRR!!!!! I-don't-like-her! :evil: :evil: :x :x
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:57 pm
View Likes
Bobo says...

Those petitioners are just asking for a law suit. I mean, seriously, how can we legally stop one person from doing what they want to do? Anyone heard of freedom of speech? Anyways, if this petition did work, we'd have to get rid of half of the signers/bands that already exist.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:01 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Anyone heard of freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech is an ideal, not a practice. But that's for another time.

I don't really care about Ashlee Simpson. I've never ehard her music and don't want to. But if people want to listen to her, you can't stop them. Just ignore it and move on.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:26 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

If you people are saying ashlee simpson's bad, then what about people like Sublime? or the really bad rappers like Trick Daddy and Chingy and people like that? I mean, seriously...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

665 Reviews

Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:06 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

Yes, I know. I didn't sign the petition simply because it seemed like a big joke to me. However, I still don't like Ashlee Simspon, but she's not the worst out there. :Looks in the direction of Hilary Duff:
I hope this wasn't supposed to go into the debate section...

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:03 am
View Likes
Misty says...

I really like Ashlee Simpson! She's really cool and I like her stuff. I think the petition is retarded. She can do whatever she wants. Geez!

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:53 am
View Likes
nickelpickle says...

This honestly makes me sick. Sure, I don't like her and only like one of her songs and can't stand her in concert, but signing a petition against her? First of all, a lot of people like her. Then theres the fact that the petitioners will prob. get sued... Besides... If she made a living this way, more power to her. I think time and public concern would be better spent on things that actually need attention, not the fact that a teenager can't sing.

Nicole
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:09 am
niteowl says...

Yeah I got a petition by email once. It was against drunk driving. It didn't even have 1000 signatures. Yet 60,000 people signed a petition to limit one person's freedom of speech. What is wrong with this country?

If we can waste our energy trying to ban someone from doing something that isn't really going to harm anyone, someone's gonna start World War Three while we're all in line signing the petition to ban Ashlee Simpson.

Besides, I like Ashlee Simpson.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:38 am
View Likes
Bobo says...

Well said, niteowl! I don't really have much of an opinion of Ashlee Simpson, but I don't think we should worry about her singing.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:00 am
View Likes
Galatea says...

who gives a crap? why does it matter if ashlee simpson performs or not? aren't there better things to be worrying about??
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:55 am
View Likes
Tara says...

Ok, here'd the deal with me. I CAN'T STAND Ashlee Simpson. Hr music's terrible and if this were not a family oriented site, I'd say the one word that describes her best. But the thing is, I'm completely against censorship. Censoring music, not allowing people to perform, should be outlawed. If you don't like Simpson, just don't go to her concerts, read about her, or any of the rest. It doesn't matter how much I dislike her music, I would never try to stop anyone from doing what is thier right as a human being to do. Ok, speech over, I'm leaving, you can all...stop...looking at me like a gopher looks at the bannana who stole his roastbeef hoagie...
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

665 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:19 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

Yeah I got a petition by email once. It was against drunk driving. It didn't even have 1000 signatures. Yet 60,000 people signed a petition to limit one person's freedom of speech. What is wrong with this country?

Wow, that is sad.

okay I think I need to grab some nachos
— BluesClues