z

Young Writers Society

Answer a few Questions

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:06 am
View Likes
misstoria says...

For my youth group we were asked to gather answers to a few questions, so I decided to post them here and record the answers. I need answers from Christians and non-Christians. :D

Are you a Christian?

What is Sin?

Are all people sinners?

Do people become sinners because they sin or do they sin because they are sinners?

What is Gods penalty for sin, if any?

Are there penalties that occur on earth for sins in a person's daily life?
You are more than the choices that you've made, you are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create, You'v been remade.

http://writemeaway.blogspot.com/

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:21 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Are you a Christian?

Yep.

What is Sin?

Sin is an action that goes against the Divine Law God set up.

Are all people sinners?

Usually, yeah, but you can get forgiven of your sins, which technically means you're not a sinner because you've been forgiven.

Do people become sinners because they sin or do they sin because they are sinners?

Both! Because if you're forgiven, but then sin, you weren't a sinner, but now you are!

What is God's penalty for sin, if any?

He judges us accordingly.

They have to participate in Celebrity Apprentice.

...no, seriously.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:57 am
View Likes
Paracosm says...

Are you a Christian?

No, but I believe in God and some of Christs teachings.

What is Sin?

Sin is an act that hurts another living being or yourself, physically or emotionally.

Are all people sinners?

Yes.

Humans are imperfect, so I think we are all born with the capacity to sin.

I'm not sure, but I think all sins have negative consequences. I don't believe Hell like the Bible teaches it, or Heaven like the Bible teaches it.

Yes.
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:31 am
View Likes
stargazer9927 says...

Are you a Christian?

Yes, and very into my religion

What is Sin?

Doing something wrong in the Lord's eye

Are all people sinners?

The only one that was truely perfect and didn't need the antonement was Jesus himself, so yes

They become sinners because they sin. I don't believe you're born a sinner, because little children are so perfect and innocent to me. But once they hit a certain age everyone sins, but not because they're a sinner, just because we're all human.

Only he can be the judge on that, so if you don't repent it's whatever he decides, whether in this life or the next. And I believe even if you repent bad things can come from what you did, even if it's years down the road. It's in his own time and in his own way.

For sure. If you do something you shouldn't have you doom yourself. Sometimes you can erase it, sometimes you can't completely. When it comes to your punishments on earth usually you bring them on yourself.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:13 am
Karzkin says...

Are you a Christian?
No, I am an apostatical permanent empirical agnostic atheist.

What is Sin?
1 John 3:4 says sin is lawlessness. Matthew 22:37-40 says the law can be summed up as "love God and love others". Ergo, sin is not loving God and/or not loving others.

Are all people sinners?
If you subscribe to the notion that committing one sin makes you a sinner forever, then yes.

By definition one cannot be a sinner before they sin, so the former. Of course, there is the Christian doctrine that everyone is inclined to sin, but at what point the inclination to sin becomes actual sin is quite unclear.

Proverbs 10:16 and Romans 6:23 postulate that the punishment for sin is death.

The second half of Romans 1 says God turned people gay and gave them over to depravity as a punishment for sin.

Those are the text-book Christian answers. As there is no concept of sin outside of religion I am happy to accept the definition of sin given above. However, as I do not subscribe to this (or any) religion, I do not accept that sin is bad, or that people are bad, or that people do bad things. There are not 'good people' and 'evil people', there are just people. There are not 'good actions' and 'bad actions', there are just actions with positive or negative consequences for different people. Sin included.

Also,

little children are so perfect and innocent

Only very little children. Babies learn deception as early as six months old.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

K's Killa Kritiques

#TNT

All Hail the undisputed king of the YWS helicopter game.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:01 am
View Likes
Love says...

Are you a Christian?

No...

What is Sin?

The intentional doing of an act which you deem harmful AND which harms another.

Are all people sinners?

No... Only 99.999999999% of them.

The former. And the latter. It is man's nature to sit, and yet some are not sinners.

God? What?

Yes, such as mental torment or imprisonment.
I was Amareth :)

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:35 am
View Likes
tr3x says...

Are you a Christian?
Nope.

What is Sin?
A human construct; an action or thought that society deems to be "evil" or otherwise unacceptable.

Are all people sinners?
No.

One is viewed as a sinner when one commits an act that draws society's ire.

None, I don't believe in him/her/it.

Sure, is the act in question is illegal, or if the person is judged by his peers for it. Then again, you only face consequences if people know of your "sins."
A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on.
- Terry Pratchett

Si non confectus, non recifiat - If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:56 am
View Likes
Pigeon says...

These questions really are geared towards Christians, aren't they? It's difficult to answer them if you don't take sin as a given.

Are you a Christian? No, but I have a good understanding of Christian beliefs.

What is Sin? Anything which is wrong in the eyes of your God of choice.

Are all people sinners? Most Christians say that we are born with original sin, and so are all sinners. I reject the concept of sin, and so I would say that no one is a sinner.

Do people become sinners because they sin or do they sin because they are sinners? As I said above, I reject the concept of sin. I think it is dangerous to view ourselves as miserable sinners. It's not good for your mental health.

What is Gods penalty for sin, if any? According to a Bible passage (can't remember which one, sorry) "The wages of sin is death", unless of course you are absolved by accepting Jesus. There's also the idea that if you sin you are sent to hell. I would personally say that there is no ultimate, divine penalty for sin, because I do not believe in a divine judge.

Are there penalties that occur on earth for sins in a person's daily life? That is dangerous territory. I would certainly hope that there are no direct, divine intervention penalties. If there were, how would you judge what was punishment and what was accident? That sort of thinking leads to people saying that floods and earthquakes were God's punishment for sin, which is simply a disgusting concept.
I would not say that being punished for an illegal actions is the same as some kind of cosmic punishment for sin, because the concept of sin encompasses far more than just law-breaking.
Reader, what are you doing?

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality