z

Young Writers Society

A constent frustration.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:05 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

WARNING: The following contain's a rant about YWS overhaul and how frustrated writer can't seem to get a review. You have been warned.

A constant frustration for me is the fact I can't seem to get a review days, even weeks at a time. and I absolutly refuse to beg for a review, my pride simply won't allow it. Ever since this overhaul reviews in my opinion have been at a serious low for some writer's. And what eggs me on even more is the fact that nothing will be restored fully until sometime in febuary, and even then it may take longer. I'm sorry for the rant but I had to vent somewhere.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:34 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Yep... it's just a bit annoying not having any easy way of finding works with 0 or 1 review, or points to encourage reviews, but it was either we get an incomplete site, or we live with 3+ months of hour+ long site crashes. Nate decided to give us a functioning site instead of constantly fixing the database.

I understand where you're coming from, though. Whenever I go out to review the list of works with 0 is rather endless. Why don't you go out and review yourself— get your name out there, so people are more inclined to look at your work? You'll be helping other authors in the same place and maybe help yourself get out of that place, too.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:36 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

The best thing to do right now is to review other people's works and to ask them to review you back. That way, you're not begging but rather asking them to repay you with the same favor you gave them.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

You won't know the outcome of something unless you try it.
— manilla