z

Young Writers Society

New Sci-Fi, Fantasy Drama series!!

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:39 pm
View Likes
StolenPen says...

No. Why do you think he wrote them that way?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:41 pm
View Likes
ABuerneChaancha says...

Lulu.com has the description, and you can order it on there.
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/t ... f/center/5

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:42 pm
View Likes
ABuerneChaancha says...

Because, they narrow it down to one person. :)

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:45 pm
View Likes
StolenPen says...

Ooooohhh!!! That's why! Cool! lol, I would've said he was running out of ideas but, he's just different. not like most writers.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:28 am
View Likes
FalkovianMarksman says...

Awesome stuff.

Unseen Wars: A group of survivalists fend off the swarm of Nith Insects, Netha Sassins, and the Nith Assassins who worship the poison... More > death, Nithaxin. Using Mezra Star energy, and the advanced machinery of Ullettca Industries, the Mezereons fight to save the planet from the dark bidding of the Nithian Agenda!?

Realm King:Ullettca hosts another tounrament, and the rules....there are none!?

King of Storms and Seasons: Sarbo still stands! Despite the raging, destructive winds and hurricanes of the Thunder Hunter, and the unexpected seasonal... More > changes of the Mezran King, who have both been given the assignment of overthrowing Ullettca's President, CEO, by none other than the Falkovian Council members, who may result in the use of the secret V-XRA machine on the top floor of the ninth tower, if by no other means may Sarbo fall?

Cosmic Voyage:Years after the 5-Car race, three people in New Pramadia disappear,including Eyageane's husband; and, with no way to cross between the two worlds, and the Bridge Guards in Falkar tracking down Sarbo, its up to Eyageane alone to find the missing pramadeans. Her search leads her to a place called the Desert Garden, where the creature is believed to dwell, who is said to be able to make whatever it touches disappear?

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:31 pm
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Hahaha, that has to be one of the most terrible covers of a book I've seen. xD
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:27 am
StolenPen says...

New Promotional video. :D Guy makes his own music. Penguin, you can't mean that lol, I DON'T believe you mean that, seriously.This guy does what he can with a mouse and thats pretty damn good. Ask him on facebook, the guy does it all with so little!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm6PTc_K-IQ

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:19 am
View Likes

lol I can't understand haters.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:20 pm
View Likes
StolenPen says...

Yeah, I agree. For one person doing it all independantly and it almost looks professional, better than what some people can do with better/proper equipment!?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 pm
View Likes
ABuerneChaancha says...

He's a cool guy, I just friended him on facebook. lol, yeah, his life pretty much sucks but, mad respects for him actually doing this. Its an even better story once you understand the Author's, it makes it just that much better knowing he didn't get the opportunies others had!

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:02 pm
View Likes
StolenPen says...

Yeah, i've talked with him on facebook a few times now. He's got more stories he's working on. Can't wait to read them! :D

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:10 pm
View Likes

Yeah, he did few short stories. The first was FIre Horn, a 1920s sci-fi about a guy with a Flame-Thrower trumpet name Stanley Eldridge. It's sweet. The guy has to save his sister from a organized crime boss, who descends from a man named Captain Silver Poe, a civil war veteran who was responsible for killing almsost every last Eldridge during the war.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:45 am
View Likes

Excerpt from The Bridge Guard - Unseen Wars:

“I’m sure--now, the two of you,” Worenda started, “and--all of you, will find this a good time to put aside your snappy little disputes?” she said.

“Disputes!?” said Warisol. “Don’t tell me you agree with father now; just because of this comet!?”

“I do!” she said, turning around with heat, abruptly, before she could get into the kitchen—to put the dirty plates away she’d collected—after serving them all a very early dinner. She’d fed them when she did, because, they were all eager to get on with their mission—save the world—quite plainly.

She then added, “Don’t you!?”

“No,” he said; “I won’t do it!”

“Even though, Barba needs you?” tempted Jayotah.

“—But!?” Warisol stopped, turned away, and shook his head. Barba turned around, leaving his seclusion in curiosity.

“That’s going backwards,” he said, “that defeats the prupose of all this; and, the curse!?”

“Son, you’ve already been possessed by Nith,” argued Jayotah. “If you’ve returned to your self, and Mezra, you can bypass the curse!? In other words, there isn’t one—you’re safe!”

“But, we need it!” pleaded Warisol, “if I break it, then, I might be the reason why we lose! Even if Nith doesn’t overpower me for it, I can’t make it harder for us all!?”

“I broke a pot myself, one of the Sacred Olden-Pots; and, yes, I was cursed,” said Jayotah.

“Nith was able to find me easily after that, but, Barba’s defeating me, brought me back to the Mezereon side; and, I had New Mezra afterward! You’ve already been through that son, like I have; so, no such curse will belay you—I promise!”

“...So,” Barba joined, putting two-and-two together: “that’s what you two fought about,” he asked both Jayotah and Warisol; “that’s why you slept in the birdhouse last night? Your father asked you to break a pot?”

“…Yeah,” said Warisol, rather ashamed of his father, wrongly; “that’s it…he wants me to, if Mudascion gets it, make sure he can’t use it: shoot it from afar!”

“—But,” said Craile, “That’s a great idea!”

“What?” burst Warisol; “How so!?”

“I’ve been telling the Guards: the pots aren’t the most important thing. They have power,” said Craile, “but, not even the Grand Pot is as powerful as the new Beam-Machine?”

“How do you know that,” said Donama; “you haven’t even used it yet!?”

“I just…?”

“Your plans, lately, have been heavily relying on this new War-Beam; are you sure that’s smart?” she said.
“Yeah, well…anyway,” he ignored her, “I think we should use the Master Bridge, but, not in the way you’d expect.”

“Then, how?” said Jayotah.

“Well, you weren’t there but, on the island, Tortaporba, we played a game with it,” he said.

“It was basically, a game of keep-away,” explained Craile; “Mudasicon doesn’t really care that much about the pot. However, if we make it hard for him to get, he’ll want it even more. Reverse-psychology; and, if he does happen to get it, you’ll just shoot it,” he motioned at Warisol.

“Fine,” he said, “if there’ll be no curse, I’ll do it.”

“What’s the point,” asked Donama: “are we trying to stall him for something?”

“Obviously,” he said, “so, we can have a shot at the comet. I have no doubt in my mind that Mudascion and Sasseline both know about it…they have to have been aware of it, even before now?”

“How would they?” asked Clutho. “…the swarm is from space, and, Sasseline--?”

“—Exactly; and the comet has immense Nithian energy!” added Barba. “I wouldn’t be surprised if she’d known about it?”
“So, wait a minute,” said Donama, “how are we going to play keep-away with the pot, when we don’t have it?”

“We’ll just have to get it,” said Barba; “it fell out of Wogrey’s hands, and rolled out of the hangar, off the edge. It’s somewhere in the ocean?”

---Jarvis K. Jordan

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:43 am
PenguinAttack says...

I'm just saying, it's really pretty terrible. If he's on a low budget he could have gone for a fully white book front, with simple black text or something. That would have been epically noticeable!

I do, however, pick up books based on their covers.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:03 am
View Likes
StolenPen says...

This is an excerpt from JKJ's newest stories: The Trial of Man...

“Ye—uh, Cubo Dungler!?” I called down from the third story landing of the hangar, hanging over the rail, careless as to whether I’d fall or not.

“---Did you get my---!?”

“---Yes, Yes, I got your damn AI disc! I’m telling you, Rekzo Hal, if I have to build you a new intelligence system, again, I’ll quit working for DNC altogether!”

I hadn’t meant to interrupt while he was working on my J-67 Astralon-Fighter, the Ion Tiger. At any rate, he was overworked an upset about it
“---What!? You’ll go working for Kammin Vanzema, then!?” I said, just before catching the disk.

“If you guys don’t give me any break here soon, yeah---I just might!?” Cubo said.

“Don’t do that, really!” I pleaded. “I won’t damage the AI Drive again, promise!”

“Meh, we’ll just see then!” said Dungler, walking with his near penguin gait from the hangar.

“Excellent!” said Elka Fey, my girlfriend. She had been ever since I remembered. She was keen, strong, and most importantly, a fantastic pilot.

“Now,” she said, “You can take your J-67 out with us for a quick patrol sweep of the four-line.”

“I can,” I said. “How’s the G-85?”

“She’s mine and just fine! Ready when you are?”

“Well, we should wait for the others---!?”

---Three of them were just coming out of the door behind us, “---Sorry Rekzo, I sorta bumped into ya there!”

“It’s fine Codris, (Kekni Codris), I’ll live through it,” I said, rubbing my elbow. It had hit the metal rail when he’d bumped into me.

“Where’s Gardra!?” Elka asked. Only Kekni, Unelle, and Etnei were there; Marson Gardra must’ve been---

“---In the cafeteria, as usual!” said Unelle Biela, between kissing Etnei Dufea and hanging all over him. He had the biggest smile on his face.

“And he never gains any wait, that man!” she added, suddenly with a serious tone.

“Does he know we’re sweeping the line soon?” said Fey; “In fifteen?”

“Ten,” I told her, smiling. She grinned. We weren’t supposed to but, I knew she wanted to leave the station early just as much as I did.

The cafeteria was on the first floor, and we were all looking down over the rail, “He’ll be here soon enough,” Codris said.

Then, Elka gave me a serious pouting face, as if she could cry. As is to say: that’s our extra five minutes, gone!

“Don’t worry,” I said to her, “we’ll get time!”
Kekni looked both ways, at both of us, and said, “What are you two---!?” but he knew it. “Planning on staying out again, overtime?”

“What can I say, we love to fly!?” I reminded him.

“Detention, again!” he said.

“As Long as it’s with Elka Fey,” I smiled, put my hand behind my head, and, “they can detain me for a century, I don’t care---wooh—aahhh!” I fell back over the rail, thought for sure I was going to die.

“Oh god, oh god! Not now! Don’t let me die!”

…Marson made the catch!

“Gardra, you right on son of a bitch!” I remarked. “Excellent of you! Damn!”

“Whenever, Captain,” he said, casual. “Are you ready to go out for the sweep?”

“My blood’s blasting through my veins, I’m ready!”

“Good, sir!”

“Honey, you alright!?”

“I’m fine!” I told fey.

Only Marson coulda made that catch; he was narrow, and could eat much, but he was very all, and very strong! All six of us, the Nexus Six, had something different and unique, our own, to bring to the table. Elka was extremely attractive, aside from being just an excellent flyer, Unelle was a hand-to-hand combat master, Tech Kekni (Codris), as we called him, was an expert with computer systems, Etnei was not only an amazing pilot but, an outstanding chef, and I…I was pretty much good all around. Yep, all across the board, phenomenal!

After the fall, we jumped into our cockpits, awaited the grand moment ---as ever, when the giant metal hangar door would open, and flew our Astralon Fighters out of hangar of the Inedula-4. We flew the four-line, the entire length of the four space-stations the Domery Nexus Colonies inhabited. The fifth colony was apart from us, far apart! It was the space-station Vanzema, run by Kammin Vanzema, an enemy of the DNC.

From 2061 to 2073, The Vanzema Attacks ensued, left our home planet devastated, unlivable, forcing us out into space in four colonies in space-stations overseen by our Queen: Domery Satra, the wise and powerful, as she was known throughout the Nexus. Kammin was equally as renowned as she, both having survived The Trial of Man, gaining them leadership of the two opposing factions: The Vanzemas, and the Domery Nexus Colonies, DNC. We, the six Astralon-Fighter Pilots, were to protect the Nexus Colonies in our “Guard Ships”, chosen before all others for that reason. There was a rumor around that we weren’t human, and that we had all survived The Trial of Man; but it wasn’t true. Only Kammin Vanzema, and Domery Satra ever survived a full 86 hours on Pebame, a day non the last planet. There was no other livable planet in the Anaoma star-system, only Pebame; but, it wasn’t a sane idea at all to go there---even for the abundance of resources---given the size of the Braklo Bocava, or, Worm-Dragons!

The Dragon Worms were a half mile long, flying worms, that engulfed everything in their way! Indeed, how had Queen Domery survived 86 hours there; and Kammin had gone through the same trial, successfully. Though, because he stayed an hour longer on the planet than his opponent, Vanzema Kammin and his colony was given First Proximity to Pebame; meaning: they controlled all the resources coming from the planet. We had to go through them, the Vanzemas, to find food, water, and other natural resources available on the planet. We had to trade with them and, unless someone of the Domery Nexus of Colonies stayed on Pebame for a time longer than one of the Vanzemas, in The Trial of Man, that would not ever change.

I'm effortlessly ironic.
— Link Neal