z

Young Writers Society

New Sci-Fi, Fantasy Drama series!!

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:38 pm
View Likes
StolenPen says...

The Bridge Guard by Jarvis K. Jordan. Available on Lulu. I absolutely LOVE this book!!! :D He has a very original, creative style. You can tell he writes for the STORY itself, not just the readers or himself.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:10 pm
View Likes
ABuerneChaancha says...

I've read all four of them. It's seriously an excellent series! His writing style is very improvisational. Makes it so amusing.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:17 pm
View Likes
StolenPen says...

Yeah, then you find that there's more premeditation in it than you realize the first time. Good writer. I love his action/fight scenes the most, and his humor.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:20 pm
View Likes
ABuerneChaancha says...

Yeah, lol. Its just right for the mood and style of the story. Its like an anime, especially with all the artwork. Have you read the entire series?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:24 pm
View Likes
StolenPen says...

No lol. I'm reading book three, KSS. There's so much sacrificing going on! It's insane! lol. almost finished.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:27 pm
View Likes
ABuerneChaancha says...

lol, there's more of that in TBG-CV, a little bit. I won't spoil it for you. What's your favorite scene so far?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:30 pm
View Likes
StolenPen says...

No, you can spoil! I want to know if they leave the planet again? I mean, its called Cosmic Voyage? Favorite scene, in KSS or the first three overall?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:38 pm
View Likes
ABuerneChaancha says...

I don't wanna spoil for anyone else though but, let's just say---not exactly. It's not done in tha way. It's hard to explain. It doesn't matter, I like when Stardia owns Donama in the dining room! lol. Donama's just a serious bitch. Nice to see her taken down!

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:50 pm
View Likes
StolenPen says...

lol, best scene in Realm King! I like when Inodia kicks the sword through Boxvarn's chest! Brutal scene! I'm more about the humor though, and, I think the whole series has a comedic perspective to it?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:54 pm
View Likes
ABuerneChaancha says...

---Oh, for sure! I think its all suppoesd to be funny, when you view it a certain way? When Yujin Craile does the Mezra-Burst out of the jail tunnel under the Nithian Witch's tree-cavern, that's so funny to me, but it ends up working! lol Theatra's hilarious!

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:18 pm
View Likes
StolenPen says...

Nice! Sasseline. She's killer! I took from the last scene, Porami.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:20 pm
View Likes
ABuerneChaancha says...

Porami Bello's alright, but I like the Nith Assassins. I do like Craile though, Jinyubarba. He's nuts.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:29 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

When I read all of this, it's like reading a different language XDD

So, what is this series about? It looks cool but I can't find a synopsis or anything...
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:34 pm
View Likes
StolenPen says...

Dude! Already finished with KSS!! K. Jordan always leaves you rippping and tearing for the next book! Damn it! I can't find it anywhere but online. ---Its about assassins and survivalists, essentially. Real hard to explain though.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:36 pm
View Likes
ABuerneChaancha says...

Yeah, its tough trying to explain it. But, you're almost finished! Do you know why each book gets shorter?

If it wasn't for poetry, I couldn't express myself.
— Rosendorn