z

Young Writers Society

Youth Against Drugs in My Town

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:37 am
Supermal says...

For a while, young people in my town have been going to bars and basically running out well-known drugs addicts out and Saturday they are holding a big rally in the park.
Something similar was done in the Northwest Territories, I think, and not only did the drug-addicts stop dealing in bars, but completely left town.
I think it's a great idea, or at least for my town because we have a very big problem with drugs (although we're Canada's alcohol capital, which isn't that great, either). My mother and I are thinking about going to the rally, but my mom is worried that it might turn violant (although those running it are completely opposed to any violance at all). People of all ages, backgrounds and professions are invited to go.
I love it that young people are the ones who are running it. I think it's pretty inspiring.
I was also wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences and how it went.
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

You walk into this room at your own risk, because it leads to the future, not a future that will be but one that might be. This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace.
— Rod Serling