z

Young Writers Society

The Military’s Doctrine on Snake Killing

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:52 pm
Prosithion says...

I didn't write this, but I thought that it was so funny that I'd share it with you:

Snake Killing in Area of Operations:

Airborne: Come down in the AO, land smack on top of the snake and kill it. Then, They find out that this is the wrong AO and the wrong snake.

Armor: They come in, run over the snake and kill it. Then, They go looking for more snakes to kill, and run out of gas.

Army Aviation: Come in, using a GPS grid to plot the snake's position to within one centimeter. They can’t find the snake and come back to base for a cold one.

Army Rangers: Play with the snake, then eat it.

Field Artillery: Masses ten thousand mobile Artillery units, launches an all out barrage with RAF air support. They kill the snake and several hundred civilians. The mission is declared a success and all participants, including the mechanics, clerks, and cooks are awarded a medal.

Combat engineers: They come in and study the snake. They prepare an in-depth, five series field manual on employing counters to kill the snake. Then, they complain that the other military forces don’t understand how to
properly conduct countersnake operations by the book.

Navy SEALs: They swim in at night, march fifty kilometers inland, take up an uncomfortable position which they hold for twenty-four hours just to keep
from falling asleep, ambush the snake, expends all of their ammunition,
including three cases of grenades, and call in naval gun fire. They miss the
snake, whereupon, the snake bites one of the seals and dies of lead
poisoning.

Air force: he flies in, misidentifies the snake as a new enemy weapon, and engages with missiles. He can’t tell whether he hit the snake or not, but he goes back to base for a cold one, while the crew chief paints a cool-looking snake silhouette on his airplane.

Marine Recon: they follow the snake and get lost.

Army Special Forces. This guy goes out alone and makes contact with the snake. He talks to the snake in snake language. He builds a rapport with it and teaches it to kill other snakes.

Military intelligence: They locate the snake using a spy satellite. They study the snake, scale by scale and watch its movements. They draw up an extensive report on snakes, snake scales, snake lice, and snake movements, and send it to the Joint Chiefs, the CIA, and the National Security advisor. Meanwhile, the snake disappears and no one can find it again.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:40 pm
Poor Imp says...

Amusing, though rather cynically morbid as well, Reas. ^_^''

Then, They find out that this is the wrong AO and the wrong snake.

Brief hiccup in capitalisation - then, they. Only 'then' needs to be capital - you do it a few times.

Other than that...oy. Funny and bleak.

Marine Recon: they follow the snake and get lost.

^_^ IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:05 pm
Jennafina says...

I didn't write this, but I thought that it was so funny that I'd share it with you:

I'm pretty sure the Other section is for things people have written themselves that don't fit in to the rest of the catagories. This looks like it belongs in the lounge.

It made me laugh a bit, though. :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:09 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

*Moved to The Lounge using Matt's Modly Powers (MMP)*
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

214 Reviews

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:29 pm
Prosithion says...

why the lounge?

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:50 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Because you didn't write it yourself, as Jennafina said.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

214 Reviews

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:54 pm
Prosithion says...

ah...

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:49 pm
sabradan says...

Funny as all hell, Reas. HOORAH!

I want to add my own:
Israeli paratroopers: They arrive at night by APC march 15 km, and take up positions in the surrounding landscape: trees, shrubs, rooftops, etc. They stake out the snake and its followers for a 20 day seige, slowly loosing members of their unit to appease the international community shouting "ISRAEL KILLS BABY SNAKES!". After 20 days, they send in a platoon to storm the snake hiding place, use massive force and eliminate every living thing inside. The snake dies to sniper fire.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

214 Reviews

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:03 am
Prosithion says...

Dan. that one was good. I might add it in

It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.
— Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian