z

Young Writers Society

Trouble with Chat

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:21 pm
Camulaeus says...

For a while now, I've missed my YWS friends, but every-time I try to connect to them through the chatroom, the same thing happens. The normal page appears, with a black screen with the "Connecting" symbol going. It goes on for a couple minutes, then the black screen disappears, and where the chatroom usually appears is just plain white.

Any solutions? Will this be fixed in Apollo? What's even wrong with it in the first place?
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:37 pm
PenguinAttack says...

Is your java and such all downloaded and updated properly? I find that chat issues are usually just browser problems not resolving themselves.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:45 pm
Lumi says...

Actually, this problem happens whenever I'm on YWS on my college's campus. And lo and behold, it's an issue with a firewall, or some sort of overprotective barrier your network has going on. Probably, and possibly inadvertently, one or more aspects of the firewall blocks this certain flash app. It could be anything from just disallowing the weight that Flash Chat would put on your net, or it could be that some versions of flashchat enable peer-to-peer video chatting, and for a lot of protective softwares, that's a big no-no (i.e. you should have the same issue accessing video chat sites).

Either way, if you want to test my theory, go find a public network at a local coffee shop, McDonald's, or the like. If chat works, then you'll know the problem.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:38 pm
Camulaeus says...

Thanks for the help :)
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
— Chinese proverb