z

Young Writers Society

The YWS 2011 Yearbook

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:53 am
View Likes
Ranger51 says...

This spot is MINE. *hoards spot* I'll edit it from time to time because I always forget who I need to thank because I forget everything. >.<

Spoiler! :
I'd like to dedicate this to....

GeeLyria. You've been such a beacon to me sometimes. You have such an amazing view of life and everything... your faith to God and your personality are like a lighthouse, and you cheer me up on the worst days. Thank you for being who you are.

HaydenSmith. What can I say? Just reading your posts on the Christian Writers wall makes my day. Your faith and wisdom is just amazing. God has shown Himself to me so many times through you, and I can't thank you enough for your encouraging, uplifting and wise words. I hope you keep writing and being who God has made you, and that one day I can live a life like yours.

Payne. Wow.... that's all I have to say for you. Just when I think I've heard it all, I open my feed and crack up. Between dulcimers (which were actually referred to in the book I'm reading!), hallucinations, and creepy avatars, I'm never bored.

Ranger Hawk.
Ah, my fellow Ranger. You know whenever I picture you, I picture Logan Lerman? XD Ranger's Apprentice, Christianity and Logan Lerman - need I say more?

Sierra H. That moment when you open your feed and find the awesomest quote of the day... I love reading not only your comments but your works. You inspire me to keep writing when I feel down on myself over some spell of writer's block or messed-up piece.

And, of course...
Sannah. How could I forget you? You're the one who introduced me to this blessing that is YWS. My fellow Ranger's Apprentice nerd, gym friend, viking/knight/dentist, the only YWSer I know in real life (except my brother, but he doesn't really count since I introduced him), my Manga go-to, and just.... just Horace - you're amazing. I can still honestly say I consider you one of my close friends, even if we're in different schools for this year. Next year you'll be a fishy, though, and we'll rock the high school. *fist-pumps* Thanks for everything, Horace.
Last edited by Ranger51 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:09 am
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

Thanks to these people for another great year:
MiaParmore
Qaralynn
GeeLyria
Sakuragirl1
borntobeawriter
SparkofDoubt
Isha

And thanks to everyone who always greets me in chat. I don't know many of you in chat but thanks for always saying hi and being nice to me. I look forward to another memorable year and getting to meet even more of you awesome people.
Last edited by bluewaterlily on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:19 pm
View Likes
shiney1 says...

*Reserved as well*
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:47 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

Well, I have been on YWS since June 23rd. I have to say a big thanks to my sister, who introduced me to this site even though she is too busy to use it so much anymore. But I still send my love! <3. I also wanna say a big thank you to all those wonderful and amazing people who have made me feel so welcomed on YWS. There are too many too name because nearly everyone I meet is awesome but I'll just grab some random names:

Ahmadblues An awesome ducky mascot! I would never have of found this yearbook without you and Murtuza so thanks! And thanks for being a brilliant friend! Your great :)

Murtuza Another great buddy! Your always great when it comes to reviewing and you also have so much patience explaining everything to me! Thanks!

Qaralynn Your my awesome sister/best friend. You've been there for me right from the start and helped me as I was a newbie to YWS. Special thanks and eternal gratefulness.

Rosey Unicorn The awesome point of view switcher / my personal PoV switch trainer XD + cool mod! Thanks

SparkOfDoubt Haha it took me a while to figure out you were dramallama but your amazing! Just have to let you know.

Adriana Big sis! Your brill... and you know!

Angelreader77 My time twin who is born on the same day! *hugs*

AnnieBauthor + Payne The two soon-to-be heros of my world. I will soon be eternally in your gratitude!

HarryPotterRocks Bubbly, friendly, that pretty much sums you up XD

ScarlettFire Just an amazing person. And we will track down your family history! In time ;)

And now all these people that seriously also need to be mentioned: wonderland, lavvie, stella thomas, Lauren2010, kitty15, stori, twistedmuffins, jabberhut, fireheartedkaratepup, justagirl, sisteritaly, nate, matthew, noelle, liquiddeath, overeasy, penguinattack, demoness, destiny110, azalealexis, angermanagement, demeter, snoink, celticanoir, audy, charlie II, isha, 567ajt, angel007angel, and ancientforever

There are so many more but I have not forgotten you... I have just made this too long! XD But I love all you YWSers and thank you so much for making this website so wonderful!
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:29 pm
View Likes
Mikko says...

:O Oh yeah! I totally forgot I had to do this.

*Announcement-in-speakers-woman-voice* This is a placeholder. All passengers are called to gate-- Ahem. This list will appear on the 14th Dec. 2011 --> my YWS anniversairy :smt003

Till then,Before I start, let me just say: stay amazing. You already know you're amazing, so I don't even have to tell you. Just stay that way. I love you guys so much you have no idea. Sometimes I stop and think "Where have you been all my life?" I love you guys. Yes. And eventhough I don't mention your name in here, know that I love you. LOTS.

567ajt *edit* Consider yourself lucky that the year isn't over yet for me to add you to this list. Well, you only became one of my bestest friends recently (after I wrote this) and I'm so glad we met because I you're amazing. You make me laugh, you make me listen to good music and you talk so openly with me. I love your poetry and lyrics and though I don't read much of your other literary works, I think you're a brilliant writer. I love you; don't change (and don't die ;D ). <333

AhmadBlues (MacQuack) I like you lots! You're always there to make people happy, and stay that way!

GeeLyria (Sollysita) You're a lovely person, mi hermanita and I love what you write.

HarryPotterRocks (Hermy/Rocks/HPR) Thank you. Just thank you.

murtuza (Murty) You're so kind in your reviews (and in general) and we definately need to know each other better but I love you already.

qaralynn (Qactuuuuuuuus) You are so hilariously awesome. I loffle you, sis! Thank you for being there when I was wasn't feeling so fine. Thank you for listening (or reading xD) my constant moans and complaints <3

SparkOfDoubt (Anna-Spark/Anna/StarEyes/Spark etc.) Of course, if I hadn't done this in alphabetical order you would have been the first one on my list. You know it. And you also know how much I love you. You're always there to help and talk with me and like you said, it's like we've been friends FOREVER. <3

Stori (Jorin/Storay) Where are you? Because forrealz, long time no see.

Audy We've just recently met but I like you already. We totes have to do that SB. Don't allow me to forget!

Charlie II (Charles/Charleh) For the love of kem-is-tree. No, for real, you're well wicked, bruv xD

SmylinG (Twiiiiin/SmylinGee) You know, for twins, we don't know each other so well. Maybe I should steal your identity again. But I like you. Lots.

StellaThomas (Stelz/Erika/conSTELLAtion) Princes. Barbie Movies. Disney. 'Nuff said <3

Demeter (50cm/Dems/Demi/Half) BOYS. I should really call you Detective Demi for guessing my name like that. Yeah, so like you said, missus, we needs to gets to know each other better but you're already awesome in my eyes.

JabberHut (Jabster/Anneliese) What I said to Stelz...and YOU IS AWESOME.

Persy (Mother) Mummy dearest <3
carbonCore (cC/Daddy) Where are you, Daddy? Please come back!

(Demeter & Charlie = Jessie & James)

And special thanks to these guys, without whom Nate would have gone mad:
BigBrother

Meshugenah

And Nate. :smt049 That's all I have for you: LOVE. Thank you for creating this site world! We all love you. Very much so.
Last edited by Mikko on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:17 am
View Likes
Payne says...

Hmm, never written in a yearbook before...

So...I wanna thank all y'all. Admins, mods, mentors, members, monkeys, and the lady herself, YWS. I owe a huge thanks to Nate, who’s done a great job of keeping this site alive and well. I'm an immigrant from FictionPress, so I have seen the exact wrong way to run a website for young writers; YWS is a prime example of the right way to do it.

This place has helped me in so many ways, just as I know that it has helped many others. It really is like a big family: dysfunctional at times, but mostly loving, supportive, and absolutely crazy.

There are some people in particular I'd like to thank...

Spoiler! :
AhmadBlues

AlexInCircusland

Amberchelli

AnnieBauthor

Deanie

Demeter

Dragonette

emoticon220

ERZA

Firearris

greatman

HarryPotterRocks

hudz96

iampaulop

Justagirl

Kaiex

Lavvie

mollycarraway

murtuza

Ranger Hawk

Ranger51

Rosey Unicorn

SparkOfDoubt

TheGatherer

xXTheBlackSheepXx

Much love to you all.
Last edited by Payne on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:49 am
View Likes
wonderland says...

Oh, oh now I'm doing this.

Mmkay.
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:39 am
View Likes
Charlie II says...

Dear YWS,

It appears that you can take the writer away from YWS but you can't take YWS away from the writer. And then, even when he's been separated from this place, a relapse is inevitable. I have truly enjoyed my relapse to these colourful, friendly forums and I'm glad I'm able to give something back to the site in terms of donations and my recent position as a JMof. (Thank you, Beckeh, for coining that term! ;)) I have learned so much about writing, reading, and people during my time here that I can honestly say that I wouldn't be the Charlie I am today without you all.

So thank you everyone -- it's been something special.

Now, despite the horrible risk of forgetting someone, I'm going to try to leave a personal message to as many of you as I can manage. Let's see how I do!

Spoiler! :
567ajt -- I hope 2012 brings you more luck than you've had this year. Keep writing, man.

AhmadBlues -- You are doing great work for YWS, AhmadThePro. It makes me happy to see your helpful reviews and your positive actions across the site. Keep up the amazing work, and have a good Christmas and 2012 while you're at it. ;)

Ancientforever -- You've had a tough time recently and I hope it gets better for you at Christmas nears. It's always nice to see you in chat, and I hope to see you keep writing. Have a good Christmas and a great new year, Ancient! :)

AngerManagement -- Despite my best efforts I don't think I've done a very good job of protecting you from Beckeh (*shakes fist*). I hope that you manage to defend yourself all on your own next year and the one after that, etc. ;) Have a good one and take care!

Aquamarine -- I'm not sure how I managed to miss you off this list! You're another one of those awegreat *orange* members of chat that are responsible for making this site so awesome. Keep it up and have a great 2012! ;)

AzaleaLexis -- Keep being as chemically reactive as you can, and best of luck to you next year!

Beckiw -- You are such a bad influence on me it's amazing. :D I will visit you in your new place sometime! Continue being the awegreat Beckeh that we know and love.

CadiT -- Post more. :P

Calligraphy -- Continue being as awesome as you have this year!

CelticaNoir -- Nothing will ever compare to the depth of the History sections in your SB profiles. Never change. ;)

Chibibo -- You and I are gonna write something funny together one day, bro', and it's gonna knock the socks off everybody who reads/sees/hears it! 8) I love your sense of humour and it's great continuing to write with you in Pokébook! ;)

Crysi -- Still my big sister, even though we don't talk as much. May 2012 bring you the happiness and strength that you deserve. <3

Deanie -- Continue getting up, being amazing, and going back to bed. :)

Demeter -- Awegreat doesn't even begin to cover what you are. But maybe this does: "Demeter, reigning Princess of Finland, Pun-maester extraordinaire, sister of the psychics, head-girl of guessing games and gifted translator!" ;) You are someone who is really rather special, and I consider myself fortunate to be able to know you. Be awegreat and so much more, Dems. :)

Demoness -- I'm still scared of your incredible ability to review! Keep up the fantastic work in 2012. :)

Destiny110 -- I hope things go well for you and you enjoy a happier and less stressful 2012.

Dreamwalker -- Your reviews are consistently so helpful you put me to shame! Come back to Pokébook when you can. :)

Emoticon220 -- You were such a laugh to write with in YWS Invades Russia, and I think it's criminal that we haven't SB'd together since then. Hopefully we can change that next year. Keep being awesome, Emoh! :)

Firearris -- You are one of my earliest memories of YWS. We should talk more, it's been too long!

GeeLyria -- Your positive attitude and enthusiasm never fail to amaze me. Believe in yourself and be awesome, Sol. ;)

JabberHut -- The symbol <3 does not begin to describe my loff. Perhaps <3.14 will do? :D Believe and be happy, Jabbs.

Jennafina -- You aren't around any more but I wanted to say how much I appreciate all the time and effort you gave me way back when. To say you were a role-model would be an understatement. You'll never read this, but maybe somehow you'll know it.

Kitty15 -- Although I've only got to know you very recently, it doesn't take long to see how unbelievably hard-working and committed you are. I look forwards to buying one of your novels in Waterstones some day. :D

Lauren2010 -- Despite being from the past you are an excellent addition to Pokébook and make the most hilarious lip-sync-ed music videos it's unreal. Never stop. ;)

Lavvie -- Keep doing what you do best. Write and read on, and keep storybooking!

LindsayG -- I hope I did right by your "Beauty and the Beast" competition. I'm looking forwards to hearing from you again soon.

Lumi -- Husbando <3 You have made an impression on my life that won't ever go away. Be yourself and be as happy as you want to be. I look forwards to another year of working with you and, maybe, the occasional piano practice. ;)

MiaParamore -- You used to be Shrubbery and I completely missed the change! Congratulations on your green-ness, and keep up the your awesome work on the site.

Mikko -- You are such an exciting presence in the chatroom it's just fantastic. Continue to imitate Jabber's font and have a great 2012!

Murtuza -- You are an up-and-coming force for good on YWS. I see what you're doing and I hope you carry on! We're lucky to have you here, and I hope you get as much out of the site as you put in. Continue being the best, Murtuza the Mutant! ;)

Nate -- Don't be discouraged. You've created something amazing here and, although I'm a bit apprehensive, I'm intrigued to see the site after the Apollo update. Take care and be well, sir.

Nutty -- Your drawings are most excellent -- especially of Nick from Pokébook (though I am a bit biased!) -- it'd be nice to see you back around the site some more. :)

Octave -- Your presence is missed in Lit Misc! I hope we see you back soon -- take care and be well.

PenguinAttack -- I think you deserve a new year more than anyone, Pengu. Let 2012 wipe away things you would like to leave behind, and may you continue to be a bright light in our lives. I look forward to sharing in it too. <3

Persy -- As soon as your busy term is done I hope we'll be seeing you in chat and around the site a lot more. I still think of you when "California Girls" is played! Carry on being amazing, Coral. <3

Qaralynn -- You can think of the best names in existence. Truth! Keep being the positive influence that you are and don't ever stop making people smile. I look forwards to another 2012 with you on the site!

RachaelElg -- I've only gotten to know you well quite recently, and all I can wonder is how I didn't meet you sooner! Continue doing what you love, be that writing and linguistics and dog training! There is no such thing as "too mixed" interests. ;)

Ranger Hawk -- You're one of those special people who still have a space in their username. :P Carry on the awegreatness and the Logan love.

Razcoon -- You are, indeed, the original orange user of chat (but don't tell Dems!). Have a fantastic end to 2011 and I look forward to seeing you in 2012. :)

Rosey Unicorn -- My favourite memory of you will always be the sheer panic that erupted when you changed your avatar! You are an incredible person, so so strong, and you deserve an amazing 2012. I hope you receive one. :D

Sachiko -- Miss Black Cat. Your presence in chat has been missed as of late, and this is just unacceptable! I hope you come back to us soon and you keep posting teasers on your blog. They are always something special. ;)

ScarlettFire -- "Charlie II: 'cos it's not a storybook if it doesn't have Scar!" I stand by these words and hope they continue to be true all the way into 2012. Take care, Scar, and be awesome. ;)

Seraph -- From what I've seen of you in chat you are a great person. Have a great Christmas and a brilliant 2012 ahead of you. :)

SisterItaly -- *headbutts* The chatroom wouldn't be the same without your luminous green font and your wonderful company. I hope things get easier for you as time goes on, but carry on and be your incredible self. ;)

Skorpionne -- Captain Skorp *salutes*. I believe you and I, soldier, have unfinished business in the SB Forum's BOSS project. Thanks for being a great partner to write with and keep being awesome, Captain. :D

SparkOfDoubt -- You're an amazing person. Don't forget that or let anyone tell you otherwise. It's always good to see you in chat, so keep writing and have a great 2012.

Squall -- Andy you've always been a great person to talk to and I enjoy our (sometimes in-depth!) discussions of SCIENCE (in capital letters). It's been great knowing you and I hope uni continues to treat you well in 2012. Have a good one. :)

StellaThomas -- I love to read your posts in Pokébook. One day you'll be an amazing author if that's what you want, hipster and all, but you'll equally make a fantastic doctor. Never change, Stella, and y'know, Ireland really isn't that far away when you think about it...

Stori -- Old boy, you are greatly missed in chat as of late. Keep writing and reading Redwall and being that amazing person. I hope you have a good 2012 and you have all the luck you need this coming year. :)

Tinny -- I'm still waiting for the next chapter of Dead Broke. I read the "blurb" off the novel screen to my Dad the other day and he genuinely thought it was a published book. All you've gotta do is add the detail now. ;) Keep being awesome and I hope 2012 treats you as well as you deserve.

Twit -- I'm looking forwards to the day when you finish a novel and post it in the Novel Workshop forum. I don't think I'm the only one who keeps hoping to see more of the Raven posted. Don't stop writing, and keep at it. Oh, and have a great 2012. ;)

Vasticity -- You know more about films than I could ever hope to achieve. It's always good to see you in chat, and I hope you have an amazing 2012.

VitaminCakes -- Keep taking photographs and being the funny guy in chat and believing in yourself. It's always good to see you, and I hope you have a good Christmas and New Year!

Wonderland -- Despite confusing me so much with that name change, you are one of the most awesomest people that I've spoken to in chat this year! Keep writing and being the incredible person you are. :)

WTMeighan -- I hope you're living the dream and enjoying it to the full. Your band brightened up the YWS radio show something special -- I look forward to hearing more from you, sir! :)

I can only be sorry for anyone I've missed, but let me tell you that you have all touched my life in some way. It's been a pleasure, YWS, and I look forwards to seeing how the setting changes and the characters develop in 2012.

Let the story continue. ;)
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:38 pm
LadyPurple says...

I won't be signing :( I wasn't on for half the year :( so I don't deserve it.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:22 pm
View Likes
Kamas says...

Thanks is not enough, but thanks will have to do.

Cheers.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:03 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

So, I was going to make a huge list, but I really don't feel like it right now, and today is going to be the only day this week I have the motivation to do this. As such:

I LOVE YOU.
You. Standing there in the corner. Yeah, you, the one with the book and the scroll and the quill pen. You with the hyperspace drive in your hands. You and your pet dragon; you and your best friend's mother's princess dreams. You and the kitchen sink.
You have no clue how much I love you.
You and your shoes and your dresses and your hair and your baking and your writing.
Never stop writing.
Keep stringing one word after the other, because, you know what?
I love your writing, too. I love it as much as I love you.
And this may not exactly be poetry, but it's as close as someone can get with human emotions. Trust me. I love you. All of you in chat. All of you not.

All of you who write.
And that takes care of all of us.

I love you all so much.
Keep on going. I'll do the same.

And here's to my first few months on YWS, and the year to come ahead.
stay off the faerie paths

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:18 pm
View Likes
AquaMarine says...

“Home is not where you live, but where they understand you”
--Christian Morgenstern

It's been a while, but thank you for being one of my favourite homes.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:56 pm
turtlethatroars says...

AhmadBlues: For having an awesome and very distracting avvie.
dominique22: For being an AWESOME friend sense 1rst grade.
klemieux51: Being there for me.
retrodisco666: For giving me points when I first started out to get me going.
SparkOfDoubt: For being very great person.
And to everybody else for being on YWS. You are all great. :D
Last edited by turtlethatroars on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

Reviews: 3
Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:57 am
View Likes
RomanceWriter says...

Sunshine and Carnage: You are one of my best friends and I finally got you on YWS. And I believe I've got you addicted to it. :) I love how our jokes about my fictional husbands carried over to YWS. To think our friendship all started with me yelling at you. lol

Bolt, Demeter, JabberHut, Kitty 15, Demoness, Jagged, RedFang18, AngerManagement, VincentQuest91, youngwolf1105, Sachiko, Persy, Meshugenah, ScarlettFire, AzaleaLexis, Pundit, SparkofDoubt, Twit, creativemuse1, SmylinG, Beckiw, Bhayden71207, StellaThomas, Ranger Hawk, Aloha, tuckerluvr, blackstar, Warrior Princess, RoryLegend, eyesxsewnxopen, Audrey, Cassie143, and CharlotteW: You are all my buddies from Salt and Burn the Bones. It always makes my day going and seeing whatever people posts. :) I loves you guys.

emoticon221: I loves you. You are one of my favorite people on YWS. :) I hope to have many more amazingly fun conversations in chat.

Qaralynn: For always being to loving with welcoming me whenever I enter chat. :)

SisterItaly: You are one of oldest YWS buddies. :) I always love seeing you in chat.

Isha: I will always be your CD. :)
-Romancewriter

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:05 pm
View Likes
Shearwater says...

Wow, it's been a whole year already? This is amazingly horrible, I can't believe how fast it went by! I feel that by age, years become shorter and time grows faster. I remember when I was young, time seemed to drip by the water droplet.

YWS.

I love you. You've been here with me for how many years now? Three is it? I don't recall but you've definietly been a major impact on my life and growing as writer has not only taught me how to be a grammar freak but also, it's taught me how to learn in a whole new different way that I find absolutely amazing.

And the people here, I can't forget them. Everyone who holds a place in YWS - big or small, tiny or large, in the corner or on the the front page, you guys are all amazing and you make YWS what it is. Every person holds a character and those different characters that come together in one site and unite - it only creates an explosion of awesomeness. =D
I love you guys!

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one” -C.S. Lewis quotes

YWS is what we all have in common. <3 <3 <3
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White