z

Young Writers Society

Unforgettable YWS Moments

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat May 20, 2006 5:34 pm
Meshugenah says...

!!! I'd almost forgotten about that! Oh goodness.. oranges and drunkanism. (eh, close enough on the spelling, sí?)

And Tae? That fight was one-sided. In favour of Crys, unless Z was in the chat, then things got interesting.. very intereseting. Liek almost question game interesting. *ahem*

*joins Tae in hugging everyone*

(and yes, isn't editing friedn's posts fun? Ah, Crys, you know you love me. And you're the one that said I could.. but I said you could, to.. *confused*)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sat May 20, 2006 7:23 pm
Torpid says...

Playing the Russians and WWIII with Poor Imp, Reichieru and a few other people was pretty fun.

yea, good times.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat May 20, 2006 11:29 pm
Areida says...

Wow... so many... I'm not even sure where to start...

- The shock and pleasure at becoming Member of the Month last May.

- Making VIP. I loved my name in purply/pink.

- Winning "Most Helpful/Friendly Member". I think I stared at my little blinky and read the dealie Jack wrote seven times before I believed it.

- Being asked to be a moderator and getting to actually help keep the site moving.

- My 1000 posts party: Twister and Spin the Bottle... lol... OMG! And the lightsabers! Holy crackers! LOL!

- The thread that started out as a question about flirting and escalated into about fifteen members all flirting with each other, lol

- Watching how my writing has improved immensely in only a year, thanks to people like CL, Dusky, Snoink, Crysi, *singsoffkey*, Meshy, Jack, "Quiz", DarkerSarah, Bob, Sam, Lyndsey, and all the other members who have stretched me to work harder and think deeper.

- Finding a place where people loved me just for being me

- My blog, when it was still accessible. It was always a huge encouragement and pleasure writing/venting/rambling in it and then getting to read the replies from all you fabulous people.

- Forcing Addie to sign up, watching her go on a mad critiquing spree for a week, and then get banned from the computer so that she hasn't posted in ages. :P

- Random PM's with Arvy :)

- Even more random PM's with Sam. It never fails to brighten my day when I get into my PM's inbox and see a big ol' "ARI!!!" plastered across the subject line.

- Discussing bubble's and my plans to kidnap Kirk and stab Picard with a spork.

- Not being dismissed by older people just because of my age, but always receiving respect and often affection from the older members of the site.

- Threads like: Person Above Ya, 5 Favourite Things Today, What Are You Listening To?, and What Are You Wearing?

- the Post Your Pic threads. I think some of the most wonderful compliments I've ever gotten came from that thread. Plus the whole cam whore wars thing was absolutely priceless... Jack, Crys, and all the other cam whores... good times :P

- Blogs: jennafina, Crysi, Mesh, Sam (best blog title I've ever seen, btw), Jack, Dusky, Snoink (a fabulous blog title as well), Shriek, Nai, Sureal, etc. I love keeping up with you guys.

- RPing with Dan and J. Wilder

- Being challenged to write better critiques than I would normally. (I owe part of this to Doe. Oh, and being threatened by Snoink)

- All the various names for SPEW. I don't think I ever laughed so hard as when Grif suggested we call it "Icky Icky Dang Wad Tablooie" or something like that.

- Being encouraged to continue my writing no matter what, having people I really respect telling me I have talent.

- Reading some really amazing and profound material from some surprisingly young writers.

- Watching my age on my profile change from fifteen to sixteen. :mrgreen:

- The big brothers I never had: Nai, Arvy, Grif, Nate, Brad, Dan, Jack, Bob, and Dono.

- My creepily similar soul sisters: bubbles, Dusky, and Snoink.

- My big sisters: Snoink, Gal, bubbles, CL, Sarah, Shriek, Mesh, Crys, and *singsoffkey*

- My little sisters: Sam, jennafina, Ashley, Emz, and hekate. Oh, and I guess Addie counts. ;)

- Finding the only place in the world where I really get to feel like a princess.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
— Abraham Lincoln