z

Young Writers Society

Time Capsule!

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 am
Myth says...

Dear me,

I hope you haven't changed your name to something long like all the people above you otherwise I'll probably forget it all and never remember what my real name ever was!

Me!

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Wed May 17, 2006 5:21 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

:D
Dear Future Felicity
I hope you aren't as much of a dim witted muppet as I am now (this is confuzzling...). That would be rather unfortunate.
You better be saving up money. And you better not be going out with another moron.
I hope that you've actually managed to choose the beginning to your story (I've written 5 so far...).
I also hope that you haven't given up on...hope.
Because you never know what's just around the corner :wink:
Love, Past Felicity
x x x
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed May 17, 2006 9:14 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Dear Braden H.,

Hopefully by now you have learned not to think and just do. And hopefully you've made new friends, damnit. I was just writing to tell you that you need more confidence. Maybe you've solved said problem by now, but I have no way of knowing, since I am theoretically dead.

Hugs and kisses, you son of a b*tch,
Yours Truly

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat May 20, 2006 4:15 am
niteowl says...

Dear Nicole/Niteowl of an unknown future date,

For God's sake, LEARN HOW TO DRIVE PROPERLY! Speed limits are there for a reason. Do whar your mother says, not what she does. :P And try to stop before you run into the stop sign next time!!!

Also, you still write, right??? I will come back from the past and kill you if you do not take the stuff you've written and at least try to make it into something readable.

And you'd better be able to say you got an A on that 300 POINT PROJECT for Close-Up! And that you got an A in Advanced Comp. A by wowing Ms. Woody with your Hunley and Andersonville papers. And you know, turning in Spanish assignments every once in a while might help you out. Hopefully you're doing better in Spanish IV.

Also, if they ever work out how to make a time machine, stop by tomorrow (May 20, 2006) and tell me how Greece went and what I should do with my life other than waste it on the Internet.

Okay, I think I've bored you long enough. Don't worry, I'll catch up with you eventually. :P

XOXO

Nicole/Niteowl
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sat May 20, 2006 6:39 am
Jennafina says...

Dear future Jennafina,

This is a passage from something you wrote on the day you joined YWS:

With a bang that startled Saundra so much that she droped the violen, the door burst open. In came Sirena. She tried to call out. She tried to say, Sirena, Im dead. Don't go downstairs, sweetie. You don't need to see that. But Sirena couldn’t hear her. The violen hit the floor, and melted into it.
“Gram?” Sirena called.
Saundra may went over to her and touched her cheek. She had been wanting to do that for a long time, but seven was too old for that kind of stuff.

This is from something you wrote recently.

She strapped a spoon into the scabbards bound to her wrists and ankles. From the box on the windowsill, my mistress selected six more spoons, their bladed tips polished, and gleaming. These she put in the small, chain mail pouch on her hip, where I would ride.

I dressed myself in the water-repellant suit my mistress had bought for me with her own hard-earned money. She was so generous.

“We should probably go, about now, if we want to see what’s going on.”

I hope you're still progressing even if you're not great yet.

-Jennafina
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sat May 20, 2006 7:17 pm
Torpid says...

Dear Dillon,

Be Good and stay safe. Or don't get caught.=)

--Old You

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat May 20, 2006 8:35 pm
Areida says...

Dear Future Kelley,

Hey, it's me, the far more naive you of May 2006. I know you're probably reading this going, "Geeze, what a dork I was," but please keep in mind that we've been doing that for ages and need to just get over the fact that we sounds dorky on paper.

I don't know when you'll read this, but if you're stressing about college, breathe. God's going to take care of you. I know we forget that all the time, but just keep working hard, doing your best, and remembering to give over your cares to Him. You'll sleep better for it.

Try not to worry so much about other people too. God's taking care of them as well; it's not your job to make sure everything in the world runs smoothly, or that everyone's lives are perfectly in order.

Remember to love with everything you've got, to work hard, to laugh often, and smile even more. Remember that your family is who they are, and that they've the best thing you've got going for you. Be patient. Try not to get upset with people so often: accept them for all their little quirks and idiosyncrasies and move on.

Keep writing. I know you don't want to do it as a career anymore, but always continue to read and write faithfully: it keeps us sane.

I hope you're doing well, and that you are heeding this advice even as you read this letter.

Love always,

Kel
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot stop Spring from coming.
— Pablo Neruda