z

Young Writers Society

Goodbye All and Thank You

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue May 16, 2006 10:06 am
mystical*dragons says...

I love YWS...What am I going to do? :( I'll miss it so much....I wish this didn't have to happen...I'd love to join again if YWS starts functioning again. Thanks a lot Nate, this site of yours has helped me a lot, and has made me much more sure and confident of myself. Thank you so much.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue May 16, 2006 12:22 pm
Muse says...

oo-eck. That was a shock and a half. To be fair, i haven't been active much recently because of exams etc, but i WAS planning to be after they were over. Oh well, i really did enjoy this site though. It was pure smashin'.

Bon voyage YWS and YWSers!! xx

thecoolestfishfinger@hotmail.com.. if anyone feels like adding me for future references. *smooches*

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Tue May 16, 2006 12:45 pm
Reyu says...

I may not have been the most active person here. But at least I was always watching. This site is a great thing, one of the only "truely" great things I have seen on the internet, let alone the world. I will always remember May 22 as a bad omen and time of reflection.

Ah well, soppy words won't save anything. WE NEED FUNDING! Or, someone else to foot the bill every month. Now don't go thinking im crazy or anything, this is a perfectly achieveable goal. Ask your parents for a little bit of money, then donate it. Or, get a group together and try tackling a company like scholastic or something. It is an amazing thing when a community unites to achieve a goal, I hope it will happen here. And remember, it was good ol' Reyu who was the first to throw the idea out there. I, myself, plan on doing nothing (cant afford it, don't have the time blah blah) but people that know me well will tell you that fits my character perfectly

But, if worse comes to worst... Then thanks for all the chimp ^^ (And if I ever do publish something, this site and it's people, will get its dues from me. That's a promise)

FIGHT THE MAN!
~Reyu

(I know I am not known by many but I have always been one to help or critique. So feel free to use me for any personal proof-reading or critique. I am but an E-mail away. Reyu32csman@yahoo.com .... And just to clerify, I am ANYTHING but an untalented writer. Many people benifit from me.)
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue May 16, 2006 12:45 pm
smaur says...

... if anyone wants to keep in touch via the good ship Livejournal, the link's in the sig.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue May 16, 2006 2:06 pm
Zion says...

There are no words...in the language of Man that...can express the feelings that blaze through my head...All I can say is, thank you guys. Thanks for this wonderful adventure that lasted for over a year, I hope this site will be up as soon as possible. There are no ways with which I can express my love, graditude and compassion for all the help, all the empathy, all the fun, all the ups and downs that happened. I only hope this is a dream (I remeber when Grif flamed me for using a , before and :D so I had to correct myself ) and, my roomate would wake me up any second now. But this is another chapter of our lives my friends...brothers, sisters of mine, that just ended. All there would be now, would be wonderful memories that will cling in our minds till the stars grow cold and weary and our thoughts turn again to the begining. I can go on like this for hours, but I refuse to do so, for if I would, I would start to cry...

arvy_7@hotmail.com
kire789@yahoo.com
yu.rily.sak@gmail.com

Add me you guys...
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue May 16, 2006 3:14 pm
Firestarter says...

I have no words for how much losing this place means to me: I've never felt more at home on an internet forum.

Thanks Nate for everything; for making this, for paying for it, for providing this. I'm sorry it has to end but that's the way of life I suppose. Everything ends. I will never regret helping run this site and helping you make this place great.

If anyone wants to stay in touch, my e-mail address (and msn) is jackpdent@gmail.com and my myspace is www.myspace.com/jackdent
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue May 16, 2006 3:23 pm
Angel17 says...

I can't belive the site is closing down. So many helped me improve my writing and i only got interested in writing again thanks to this site. This site will be missed by all.

Good Luck for everyone with their writing in the future by the way. Thanks for the site Nate!

If anyone wants to stay in contact my email is mandymoonlight@hotmail.com.
Real poetry are those with the best words in the best order

~~~~~~~~Mandy~~~~~~~~~

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue May 16, 2006 5:46 pm
zell says...

See some of you on the new yws, and i'm going to miss this site alot.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue May 16, 2006 6:05 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Just in case any of you guys want to add me...

My msn is:: poetic-injustice@hotmail.co.uk
MySpace:: www.myspace.com/kayjuran

Feel free to e-mail me anything you want critiquing too if you want, just remember I've got exams at the moment. :wink:

Gotta say though, the minute I find out this site is up again, I'll be back!!

~Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue May 16, 2006 8:03 pm
Dream Deep says...

Is there anyway the rest of us can help you pay for it?

I don't know, try making like a 10 dollar due payment each year for every member or something, that has to add up!

Thank you, Nate, for this great great great great site. This situation TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!

Of course, not your fault Nate, I just feel like screaming and/or crying or something. Do you seriously think this great place will return or are we just being unrealistically optomsitic? I have to go now before I go to PIECES!!!!!

:smt022 :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 :smt022 :smt022

Notice the signature? Yeah right. Bad signature for me. I'm a royal wimp, as demonstrated above. Anyway, back to business, more crying smilies for you - :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089

Oh yeah, to illustrate how completely... SUCKY this situation is, even my brother - my older brother - just said he feels like bursting into tears. And he's a macho manly man.

Sob...

*Dream Deep runs off sobbing hysterically*

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue May 16, 2006 8:07 pm
Poor Imp says...

Aw, DD - don't take it too hard. Even the best things in this world must come to end. And - think - Nate has even given the hope of this place coming back in few months or more.

ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue May 16, 2006 8:13 pm
Dream Deep says...

Poor_Imp wrote:Aw, DD - don't take it too hard. Even the best things in this world must come to end. And - think - Nate has even given the hope of this place coming back in few months or more.

Priv'yet, maybe you're right, Imp. But this place is so totally awesome. This... I don't know. No good words to describe how profoundly unlocky I must be. Everything I've ever joined has fallen within two months. This is so... unfair, I guess. I really love YWS, too.

Majorly distraught over this, but I'll get over it. I look forward to seeing you on Dusky's new site, where I shall continue to harangue you about fencing, russia, and the Chair of W&D. See ya around, Imp. When this site comes back up - I'll be dead of boredom in a few months - I'll see you back here, too.

:smt085

Thanks for the amazing critiques, Imp.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue May 16, 2006 8:16 pm
Poor Imp says...

You're very welcome.

And I intend to see you at Dusk's interim site - haranguing or no haranguing. (It's not as if one can become weary of Russian literature, fencing - or your writing, DD - it's been a pleasure to go over it with you ^_^).
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Tue May 16, 2006 8:17 pm
backgroundbob says...

Even the best things in this world must come to end.
Aye :) just what I was thinking.

Don't you worry, D - we'll keep the temp forums burning until the place comes back. Think of it as a sabbatical - when you come back, it'll be like coming home.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

688 Reviews

Reviews: 688
Tue May 16, 2006 8:25 pm
xanthan gum says...

My home. I almost broke down and cried when I read the memo. I suppose I'm a bit attatched but...as most of you know, writing is a big part of me but very little people in my real life (none, in fact) know of this. And these people - this wonderful community - is is a part of me. I used to idolize Snoink at age 12 back on Young Writer's Club. I drooled over backgroundbob's poetry. But eventually I all came to accept you all as some sort of odd family.

anyway, contacts, contacts. (yes, i'll be on the new YWS, by the way...)

http://empri-dark.livejournal.com/

http://www.myspace.com/3030689

candy0string <<<yahoo
Xx free reign xX <<<AIM
twisted.bona.fide@hotmail.com <<<MSN
Carpe Diem.

The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price