z

Young Writers Society

Goodbye All and Thank You

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu May 18, 2006 1:29 am
Nate says...

When TYWC pretty much shut down, YWS sprang up to take its place. When YWS shuts down, another site will spring up to take its place. Everything has moved over to another site, so it's really only the site that's changing.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Thu May 18, 2006 4:11 am
Torpid says...

wat about justgoat? is it goin too?

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Thu May 18, 2006 11:54 am
Sophie says...

Nate wrote:When TYWC pretty much shut down, YWS sprang up to take its place. When YWS shuts down, another site will spring up to take its place. Everything has moved over to another site, so it's really only the site that's changing.

So which site is taking its place? I don't want to be left behind!!!

I've been falling in and out of writitng recently, I'm depressed and it's an easy thing to lose right now. But YWS is my homepage, so I can't avoid writing. I don't want to lose the motivating, friendly and helpful enviroment of a well set up writing site.
Oh the trees!
Take me back to London please!!!

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu May 18, 2006 8:29 pm
Bjorn says...

Well you could go to the link on my signature (it may seem barren now, but once people come in, it'll start kicking again). Well, I enjoyed everyones company, critiques, works, and opinions.

My email/s are: thesilversubrosian@hotmail.com

and/or

erethror@gmail.com

I hope to see some of you on my contact list!

Thanks Nate, you filled a void in my life for a while!! (in fact, I was still a regular to 'one of those sites' that collapsed in YWS' wake, and it held for some time...until, well you know ^^;;)
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu May 18, 2006 9:23 pm
triggerfingerxx says...

if theres any site that will replace YWS for a lil bit, someone please contact me at dae_michiru@yahoo.com

anyway.... thanks nate.
Whaa???

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Thu May 18, 2006 10:28 pm
backgroundbob says...

So which site is taking its place? I don't want to be left behind!!!

http://fantasic.proboards25.com/index.cgi

this is where we're going, people.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri May 19, 2006 12:04 am
marching_gurl89 says...

Bye Bye everyone.I shall cry on Monday for we are all losing a great thing. Thank You Nate for everyone. You have run a great site.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Fri May 19, 2006 2:11 am
Reyu says...

http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~david/derya/ywc.html

Link to TYWC. It's still there... Maybe one day it will have life again ^^
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun May 21, 2006 9:05 pm
_fallingstar_ says...

*cries* :smt090

I finally found a place on the Internet where I belong, and now its going away!

...Story of my life.

GAH! And I never even got to post the fantasy story that I was drafting! I had so many plans! *screams*

Gods... This is too good a site to just go away!!!
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun May 21, 2006 9:13 pm
Nai says...

No...

I graduate in 3 days...

So many written memories here, it's so hard to let go, that's why it's hard to know what to say.

I remember browsing the search engines for a writing website. Going to a random page, going to link after link. Looking for anything to catch my eye. And I eventually came upon this website. Small enough to feel welcome after a day, but enticing enough to make me discern it from the rest. I joined YWS January of 2005. I remember the first person to send me a message besides Nate's customary one was Niteowl. She was kind enough to let every member have an official and a personal, unofficial welcome. Shortly after I went to the chatroom, where I met Tara (she's Susan to me now), Crysi and Mesh. The first day of joining YWS I had already made friends.
And it was either that first day or the first week that Susan (Tara) gave me the nickname "Nai".

I remember my crush on Tara (lol)
I remember my claim to fame for posting in the Writing Activities so much beside Niteowl
I remember my first talk with Arvy, who is now one of my closest friends
I remember my roleplaying in The Tavern beside Arvy and Dono (also those who didn't like it because it was distracting people from the writing forums)
I remember being the only one beside Princess Ari who would post classical music songs in the "What are you listening to?" forum (also how I wanted to dance with Ari to Frank Sinatra)
I remember writing a poem with Susan that one us the Poetry contest
And I remember always the good and the bad times I went through while being a part of YWS (not the good and the bad of the forum, I mean my life; coming to people of YWS to talk about my problems)

I'm going to miss this place, but my memories, and my friends won't ever leave me.

Thanks Nate, i'll miss you.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon May 22, 2006 6:45 am
ZZAP says...

I saw Daniel's site crumble; I was hoping YWS wouldn't share the same fate. Heavenly. Hmmmm... I guess there will be another writing board that will share the depressing load of lost writers. Dang... And I have so many PMs, I wonder whether to save them or not. So many things have happened here, and so many people I have met too! I guess I'll see you all around someday, typing away and spitting words at eachother. Losers cry; winners cheer.

aw

ps- it's okay to be a loser, because I am...
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon May 22, 2006 9:48 am
Boni_Bee says...

Is there any way to keep the site online, but just disabled from posting, for a month or so, so we can still read all the stories, and copy the critiques people have done for us?

I'll miss this site!! For all of those who took time critiqued my stories, thank you so much! I really really appreciate it :D

Thanks for keeping the site going this long, Nate! You did a great job 8)

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue May 23, 2006 4:53 am
Tara says...

I love you guys so much!!! I hope we'll all be able to keep in touch via another site.

Nate, thank you for keeping YWS going for this long. It's been heaps of fun, and you're AWESOME!

Hugs and elephants for everyone! :elephant: :lots_hearts: as well as whatever the heck this thing is... :smt117
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

To answer before listening—that is folly and shame.
— Proverbs 18:13