z

Young Writers Society

America Hates Athiests

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:05 pm
LamaLama says...

This government has nothing to do with Catholicism. And in almost 3 centuries, we've only had one catholic president.
Only a small number of the founding fathers were even Christians, and none of them were Catholic. Washington and Jefferson were both theists, but by no means christians. Most of the men who signed the constitution felt the same way.

At the time, being a Catholic was a bad thing in the US. Most of the people were protestants, if anything.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:12 pm
Sureal says...

Indeed, many of the founding fathers of America were Deist. Which is why I always find it amusing when Evangelical's rant on about returning American to its 'Christian roots', and how it's 'one nation under God'.

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html
I wrote the above just for you.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:32 pm
LamaLama says...

Yeah, that amuses me too, but I can see where they might get it from. Pennsylvania was, in the original confederate states of america, a protestant state, rhode island was too.

But then there's good ole Pat Robertson, who claims that freedom of religion was never in the original constitution. That communist spies put it in there in the 20's.
He also claims that arabic is the language of the slavers, and that the Moslims were the ones who did all the slaving.
The Ottoman empire is what he's referring too, which started to decline in 1683 (around the time the slave trade was huge. If the Ottomans had anything to do with it, they'd be making money.) The spainyards were, however, becomming quite wealthy off the slave trade, and we all know about the Spanish Inquisition in 1492, which pushed out the last of the Moores and established a Catholic empire.
Also, Pat owns a diamond mine in Zaire. The Ziere diamond mines utilize the worst forms of slavery this planet has ever seen.
Pat also went through law school, but could never pass the Bar exam (gee, I wonder why.)

I know thats a little off topic, but I never pass up a chance to gripe about Pat.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:45 pm
Sureal says...

We all have our own personal nut-jobs we like moaning about.

I have Ann Coulter ^_^.
I wrote the above just for you.

[as a roleplayer is feeling sad about torturing her characters] GrandWild: "You're a writer, dear. Embrace it."
— GrandWild