z

Young Writers Society

How was your day?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue May 02, 2006 11:37 pm
Nate says...

So... how was your day?

I want to make this a running thread where you can vent, brag, whatever.

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Tue May 02, 2006 11:46 pm
backgroundbob says...

Sick

:(
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed May 03, 2006 5:45 am
Crysi says...

My day was really confusing.

Math: I'm so lost in that class. I got 44/50 on the last quiz for really stupid errors like putting 6.67 for the answer instead of 6 2/3. Grr. We just had classwork - no homework.

French: We learned reflexive verbs (again, I'm confused) and did a presentation. My partner forgot most of his lines and switched to present tense and that threw me off. I panicked and couldn't remember simple phrases. I hate speaking French in front of the class... Anyway, finished my French hw at lunch.

History: I'm scared to death about the AP exam. We practiced today and I was so lost. Again. This isn't my year for understanding things... *sigh* At least I did okay when we had to write an intro paragraph to one of the prompts. My teacher said I had set up a challenging essay ahead of me, but if I could pull it off it would probably get a top score. Still, I doubt I'll be able to do that. I'm so afraid I won't know the topics... At least we didn't have homework.

English: We watched The Great Gatsby. I loved the book. I was bored to death while watching the movie. The acting is horrible! The teacher didn't mind having people fall asleep in class, but she wouldn't let us talk. And she had the room like forty degrees... she was wearing a heavy jacket. The rest of us were in t-shirts. We were freezing... It was miserable, lol. But no homework for the entire week.

I got home and fell asleep. Big mistake, apparently. I woke up at like 8:30, went downstairs, and as soon as I got down there my mother started in on how I was going to have to hem my prom dress myself because I didn't try it on earlier and I would have to heat up my dinner and she was going to bed. *sigh* I opened my AP review book for history, took one look at it, and almost started crying because I was so frustrated. My dress is just the perfect length, luckily. I still have to borrow someone's curling iron tomorrow and try out my hairstyle and time my makeup and...

I almost don't want to go to prom anymore. :(

I'm talking to Kev right now... He has the AP Calc test tomorrow. I'd rather talk to him on the phone, but he wanted to be online. Oh well...

I think I just need sleep.

Geez, Nate, now I don't have a reason to post in my blog, lol. :P
Love and Light

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed May 03, 2006 6:18 am
dele24 says...

I am annoyed. I went to town today to get something that was advertised on TV from Hammer Hardware, and guess what? When I get there it says that they are not available! How rude, I went there especially and they didn't have any. No they hadn't run out of stock, that could be forgiven. But they just didn't have any and weren't going to get any in. EVER. False advertising I say, the specials shouldn't just apply to the shops in big cities, but everywhere, including my little town. Now i'm sad :(

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed May 03, 2006 6:39 am
Galatea says...

OOOOOOOH goodness. I could rant, but I won't bore you.

I have a paper due tomorrow, and I'm like half done.

I'm a sophomore in college and I had to make a poster today. Out of foam core and construction paper. FOAM CORE!!! I'M IN COLLEGE!!! WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO WORK WITH FREAKING FOAM CORE?!

I have bronchitus. That's FUN!!

Oh, and no one liked my squiddy. Which makes me saddest of all.

SAD GAL!
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed May 03, 2006 9:06 am
Myth says...

I woke up early today because a group of people were arguing outside and a lady was shouting "Call the police!" and banging onto something like a door and it went on for ages. People were staring out from windows and standing in their balconies sweraing at her. Then the police came and the lady went crazy, I thought she would hit the policeman but her husband or someone told her to shut up.

This was about 7am and now I'm still tired. I have an evening class this afternoon so I'd better get my homework done. :(

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed May 03, 2006 1:47 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Better than yesterday. Although that was expected.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Wed May 03, 2006 4:48 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Pretty uneventful...tried to cheer up a friend online without knowing what was wrong with him or being able to give him a proper hug, went for a walk, posted a letter, bought Snow Patrol's new CD, got annoyed at my Lit teacher for implyignt hatall Catholics are homophobic...not much else. Oh yeah, and got confused as to where the Save As Draft button came from, nearly clikcing it instead of send :?
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed May 03, 2006 5:06 pm
triggerfingerxx says...

horrible. i have a horrible migrane and my great grandfather is dying. seeing him in the hospital last night was so painful, i dont think i'm going to forget the images...

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed May 03, 2006 6:56 pm
Emma says...

I'm sorry about that Trigger.

Yeah, my day was alright, though someone was making a fool of my accent, stupid retard.

I took out a book today, for the first time in months. So far it's pretty good.

Oh, I ripped this guy's arms to pieces in self defense because he was trying to twist my arms. It did hurt, you know. He has some nasty marks and they were bleeding badly. It's going to leave some pretty bad scars. He's been going round the bloody school saying I did it and not telling why, so some people are now freakin' scared of me.

What a git.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 pm
Araidne says...

It's going good so far. I'm just hungry! :smt117 :monkey:

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Wed May 03, 2006 7:03 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Emma-sometimes it's a good thing to have people scared of you :P
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Wed May 03, 2006 7:41 pm
Teeeeo. says...

My day was pretty exciting for me. 'Twas Early Release Day, so all our classes were reversed. Don't ask why.

Advisory: Meh. Nothing happened there. 'Cept for this:

Ms. Vang ( teacher): ( After almost all asian students went to take tests ) That looks about it!
Thao ( Hmong Kid ): Ms. Vang, Do I go?
Ms. Vang: *looks at list* Nope, your name ain't on here. I gues you're not hmong anymore!

6th Period ( Inquiry Science 9 ): We played wiv slinkies. Some wavelength experiment...

5th Period ( Beginning Guitar ): NOTHING. We did a quiz. Me and my friend Saydie were the only ones in the school to get perfect papers :P

4th Perion ( Am. HistoryPre-AP 8 ): Worked on Powerpoint projects on WWII. (Don't everyone yell out COOL at the same time...)

3rd Period ( English Pre-AP 8 ): Worked on Poetry Posters. Me and Maivboon and Greg are in a group and we're doing Haiku.

2nd Period ( Geometry 9 ): Got yelled at for teacher. All I did was tell Liz that I thought a 12-inch tall soda can was too big... This is why: We are doing ratios and he asked if we thought that 7:12 meant it was exactly 7:12 inches or feet or centimetres or what not... That a*****e...

1st Period ( Concert Band ): I was kinda depressed, but then was easily cheered up. I can't play my clarinet cuz I have a sore throat and I accidentally gouged the roof of my mouth, so it hurts to play it. So I played the Flute today instead. People were all HAHA YOU'RE A BOY AND YOU ARE PLAYING THE FLUTE, but then NouKue berated them because he's a male flutist. But I got happier cuz Mr. R made me sit next to Maivboon in the Flute Row. (He dun know about us methinks) Alot of the flute-girls were like, 'Welcome to the club!' and the girls that aren't flutists were all, 'AWW! THEY'RE SO CUTE!' Not the best thing to hear when you're a boy. But then Mr. R was suspicious of all the flutes because when he was looking away or talking, we'd poke each toehr and whisper 'You're it!'

Heheheee... Then the bus to take us home was late... hehehehe....

That's about it.

[/Random Rant]

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed May 03, 2006 9:51 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Uh...I got a 100% on my Systematic Theology test...

The printed W, S, A, and D on my keys are coming off of my keyboard. I wonder why.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed May 03, 2006 10:06 pm
Teufelshund says...

My day was very good due to all the Red Buls I downed
Ahhh ...Caffeine...:shock:
Semper Fidelis

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. "

-Jean-Paul Sartre

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.
— Genesis 3:19