z

Young Writers Society

If You Had A Million Dollars...

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue May 02, 2006 2:30 am
Nate says...

What would you do if you had a million dollars? By the way, you gotta spend it (no investing!).

If I had a million dollars, I would buy a sweet condo in Washington, D.C. ($450,000) and a Bentley ($200,000). With whatever is left, I'd just give to my brothers, who are going to need it ;)

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Tue May 02, 2006 2:35 am
Torpid says...

buy books, and cars, and a castle....

give some to family....

go swiming for like a month

take over canada...

build a wall on our sourthern border

buy a kick*** computer

can i save the rest??

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue May 02, 2006 2:42 am
Crysi says...

Go to Berkeley, buy a Mustang convertable, buy a place up in Oregon or Washington, go to Europe, do a cross-country tour of amusement parks... yeah. *grins* That'd be nice.
Love and Light

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Tue May 02, 2006 4:07 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Buy a red Gibson Les Paul with a whammy bar and a vintage 1984 Fender 12 watt amp. Then buy an Element fiberlight deck, Speed Demon bearings, Destructo trucks and awesome griptape. Ooh, and buy some roses or something for Julz.

Then just...do other stuff with it.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue May 02, 2006 9:46 am
Myth says...

I'd travel the world and put the rest in the kitty. :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue May 02, 2006 10:16 am
deleted6 says...

Buy ticket to see Elizabeth in MN heh.

Hold on i thought it was a thousand buy me and Elizabeth somewhere to live together. :smt055
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue May 02, 2006 9:35 pm
Emma says...

Keep the house.

Stay at the same school.

Buy a new car, re-do the house.

And go CLOTHES SHOPPING UNTIL MY NEW WARDROBE IS AS BIG AS MY HOUSE.

Also, I'd give like... a thousand away to charity. =]

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue May 02, 2006 9:44 pm
you_really_suck says...

i would buy a small house the the best country ever, FINLAND!!
i would pay for college
then i would give the rest to my parents or i'll spend it on something stupid i'm not sure which
Meat is Murder

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed May 03, 2006 12:37 am
View Likes
Dream Deep says...

I would pay for a college tuition at Princeton (no way I'll be able to afford it, otherwise.)
I would go to Russia and Sarajevo and because I'm skittish I'd hire personal body guards to accompany me.

I would go to Border's and buy all those books I've always wanted and never had the money to buy. I would also buy a Hummer.

If I still had any money left I'd give it to my parents - who work too hard - or I'd buy the Japanese Imperial City.

I think I'll stop there because I'm running out of money.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Wed May 03, 2006 3:07 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

I'd buy an apartment in London (I really, really want to live in London...so if anyone ever needs a flatmate...lol) and a Mini Cooper :D and I'd pay for a fabulous holiday for my horrible parents.
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu May 04, 2006 7:53 am
Ohio Impromptu says...

I'd buy a castle (or at least a large house) in Russia, set up a recording studio with all the music equipment I'd ever need in the basement and invite everyone I care about to live in any one of the 52 bedrooms.

That'd be after I travelled the world, of course.

Can I do all that with a millions dollars?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Thu May 04, 2006 8:42 am
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

Buy books. Every book I ever wanted LMAO. Biggles books! MANY Biggles books. RARE Biggles books. And I'd go to England. Maybe. And then I guess I'd get more books. And a couple of DVDs. And buy mum something great for Mother's Day. And then give my parents the rest, I guess, because...yeah. I'm too tired to be coherent right now.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri May 05, 2006 6:08 am
dele24 says...

I would donate half of it to the Watchtower and Tract society, and with the rest I would:
Buy myself a house for 237000 (I know exactly which house I'd buy!)
Buy a digital camera, new desktop computer, new cellphone, and a printer, lots of paper,ink and pens.
Buy a car for my friend (prob a new primera)
Buy myself a car (an economical one)
Quit my job and live off the money for a few years while spending lots of time writing and witnessing.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri May 05, 2006 7:10 pm
sabradan says...

Two chicks at the same time! (oh yeah! I LOVE Office Space)
But nah, in all seriousness...
I'd travel to all the places in the world I want to see (China, Japan, Turkey, Greece, Australia, Ireland, UK, maybe a few other places along the way...oh yeah, South Africa)
Then, Id buy a really nice, decent sized house in Eilat. (Its a really beautiful coastal/beach resort/port town on the Southern Tip of Israel)
I'd finish school in a really nice school (not Ivy League, though, but definately Big Ten state school...UMICH, here I come, ahaha)
I'd convert the basement of my home in Eilat into a recording studio, Dark Room and something else...maybe a Martial Arts dojo
I'd buy one of my dream cars (1970 Pontiac GTO, Porsche 911 S Series, Thunderbird)
I might buy a nice apartment in some other country to use as a "spare/summer residence" for when I wanted to get away. Maybe in the UK or Greece...
I'd use the rest to publish a few photography books, and I'd start a tourism company for North American kids to come to Israel and what not (Theres good business in that). I'd live off the money from those and when I wasn't working at the tour company, I'd travel the world taking pictures and use it to publish more books of photography. That'd be sweet.

(Shameless plug: To see some of my photos, go to my DeviantArt account: http://www.deviantart.sabradan.com)
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sun May 07, 2006 4:50 am
Elelel says...

I WOULD MAKE MY BATHROOM THE BIGGEST AND GREATEST BATHROOM EVER!!!!

There would have to be a HUGE bath, spa bath, naturally. And a really awesome shower that has a plug for the drain and a way to make the door water proof so you can filll it up! (yes, I already have a big bath, but that's not the point!) And I'd have a big big big TV set in the wall so you can watch it when you're in the bath. And a mini bookcase next to the toilet. No! A HUMONGOUS bookcase next to the toilet!!! And a lifetime supply of bath bombs and bath salts and varoius bubble baths with the cartoon character heads on the lid! And the softest towels in existence! And-and-and-and ... A FLUFFY BATH MAT!!!

Seriously, that's what I'd do. Maybe with the rest of the money I'd get a car and buy a publishing company (just for fun) take a holiday around the world then come back and by a huge house in a huge block of land that could have been left as nature like all the rich people do ... but only after the bathroom.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

"If I see an American in real life or a kiwi in a blockbuster, it feels surreal and weird, and like a funny trip."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi