z

Young Writers Society

Happy Bday To the Good Queen Liz

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:30 pm
Swires says...

Id like to wish Queen Elizabeth II a very happy birthday and a merry 80 years living in the greatest country the world has ever, or will ever, see. Thankyou
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:37 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Lizzie!
Happy birthday to you!

*dances*

So.. is this her real birthday or her fake birthday? :? Anyone know?
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:52 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Lol it's her ACTUAL birthday today...her pretend one is in June - I think it's the 17th or something.

God Save The Queen!

:wink: Good old Queen Liz...she's the only thing keeping Britain relatively sane...
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Sureal says...

The Queen is just something we drag out to impress the other countires. She doesn't actually do anything.
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:06 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

The Queen is just something we drag out to impress the other countires. She doesn't actually do anything.

xD

Happy birthday, Queen Elizabeth...You're not my queen...But it's still your birthday... :D

136 Reviews

Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:11 pm

What?! Surreal...the Queen is a British institution! Don't diss the Queen please! Especially not on her birthday!

Big up the YWS Massive!

614 Reviews

Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:42 pm
Swires says...

Sureal wrote:The Queen is just something we drag out to impress the other countires. She doesn't actually do anything.

Yep.

and Girl..Fate: If I told you prince charles taxes cornwall enough in one year to keep 10 new hospitals running for 5 years. Id sooner have better health care than a "British Institution". But as its a Trademark I arnt anti-royal I just think that the queen is enough and we dont need to struggle with any other royals.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:56 pm
Firestarter says...

Queen Elizabeth II has actually been a really good monarch, we could have done worse - she's been the most active, visiting the places where she is head of state and seeing lots of other places, so she fulfils her duty as our country's head of state really well. Sureal, you do realise other countries have heads of state? Lots of countries "drag someone out to impress other countries". How well would you do, exactly?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:19 pm
Sureal says...

I'd do a terrible. I'd get drunk and hit on the heads of state.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-royal. But like I (and you) said - all she actually does is go to places. She doesn't say much (smart move actually, as it avoids bad publicity), just smiles and waves.
I wrote the above just for you.

136 Reviews

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:48 pm

Put it this way: If we didn't have a monarchy at this moment in time, then we'd be being represented by Tony Blair alone...

Well it scares me.

Big up the YWS Massive!

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:39 pm
Emma says...

Why does she have a fake birthday?

614 Reviews

Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:47 pm
Swires says...

Firestarter wrote:Queen Elizabeth II has actually been a really good monarch, we could have done worse - she's been the most active, visiting the places where she is head of state and seeing lots of other places, so she fulfils her duty as our country's head of state really well. Sureal, you do realise other countries have heads of state? Lots of countries "drag someone out to impress other countries". How well would you do, exactly?

That trend was set by Princess Diana

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:56 pm
Firestarter says...

Actually, Adam, the Queen was doing a long time before Diana. Diana just gained a lot of popularity with the common people for going to war-torn communities and assisting children needing help, etc.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

136 Reviews

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:17 pm

I know you shouldn't slate the dead - but Diana really was a manipulative cow.

Em: the reason she has a fake birthday is so that she can have a privatish one and a more public one. It also means she can fit in duties and stuff. Something like that anyway :wink:

Big up the YWS Massive!

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris