z

Young Writers Society

The Daily Show and Colbert Report

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:39 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

Does anyone here watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report. I absoluty love those shows. They are so hilarious.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:06 am
volleychik992 says...

I feel sorry for Jon Stewart because he must be feeling upstaged by Stephen Colbert. I mean, no one could NOT be upstaged by Stephen Colbert.
"A people without history is like wind in the buffalo grass."

-Sioux Proverb

38 Reviews

Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:12 am
marching_gurl89 says...

Ya defintly not. How bout Stephen Jr? He's sooooo cute.
I rock my socks

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:30 am
Eleanor Rigby says...

I think Jon Stewart is pretty happy in this entire situation considering he is the creator and producer of the Colbert Report . . . plus, come one, Jon Stewart is WAY funnier. Real, thought out comedy is much harder to do than the slapstick sort of thing that is more prevalent with the Colbert Report, but that's just my opinion.
words, language - what wonderous
creatures these beings are,
what joyous routes of sorrow and
longing they pave.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:35 am
Galatea says...

John Stewart is far more talented and focused than Stephen Colbert. In fact, I cannot STAND the Colber(t) Repor(t). I think he's stupid, selfish, and his show is just an excuse for him to be on screen for a mind-numbing 30 minutes.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:47 am
Valerie says...

Jon Stewart is funnier and you're right, his show has more of an intellectual humor than the Colbert Report. But come on, Stephen's not that bad. I think his show is pretty funny.

38 Reviews

Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:37 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

I enjoy watching the Daily Show more and I find it more funny than the Colbert Report. But I also find the Colbert Report funny to. But the Daily Show and COlbert Report are two different styles of comedy so they are kinda hard to compare.
I rock my socks

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:50 pm
Nate says...

Bah! The Colbert Report is silly with none of the subtle satire of the daily show.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:30 pm
Eleanor Rigby says...

EXACTLY.
words, language - what wonderous
creatures these beings are,
what joyous routes of sorrow and
longing they pave.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:07 am
zelithon says...

John Stewart is TOTALLY MY HERO! I love him. I have watched him since I was four. The daily show rocks my small world. The colbert report is funny too but i would not watch it if i wasn't sure that it had john stewart's aproval. It's kinda cool they sortof intertwine. Daily show is still funnier and Stephen should have remained a comentator.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:44 pm
sabradan says...

Galatea wrote:John Stewart is far more talented and focused than Stephen Colbert. In fact, I cannot STAND the Colber(t) Repor(t). I think he's stupid, selfish, and his show is just an excuse for him to be on screen for a mind-numbing 30 minutes.

Its an ACT, Gal. Steven Colbert is an ACTOR, and that is the role he is playing. You can see it occasionally, when he almost breaks character and laughs at some of the crap he says, but we all know its funny.

And eating Steven Jr's egg=awesome.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:43 am
Bjorn says...

If more people were like John Stewart...let's just say the world would be a better place. Meaning it'd be filled with a sense of humour, and be sensible. That being said, I love the Daily Show. Great stuff. The Colbert Report is alright (did they get Stephen Jr. back!!??). I love when he does interviews with people-that interview with the mayor of whatever from that one county in Florida was hilarious. As was his interview with Kofi Anan (spelling?) and that senator person from Columbia that's part of Washington state? But I prefer Stewart because it's more 'real', if you will.
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:10 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Bah, the Report is a bad, unwitty clone, but a time-killer nonetheless.

Jon Stewart is awesome.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec