Young Writers Society

Sports?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:08 am
Rei says...

Oh, if only there were more Canadians in this group. Women's hockey. Oh yeah. Winter olympics!
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:15 am
Poor Imp says...

Oh no - no way.

FENCING. Fencing is the best sport, no arguement, indubitably, etc. Fencing - foil especially.

...then baseball maybe...and football/soccer...
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:27 am
Ohio Impromptu says...

It's clearly lacrosse. 8)
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:54 am
BlueStone says...

Just watch ESPN SC: NBA, MLB (Giants beat LA on Easter Holiday!!!), NFL, Golf, and every other sport there is... My personal favorite is Baseball, but I'm hooked to just about any sport. You want to talk about the NFL drafts? Vince Young has got to be hands down the next star QB, while Bush will plow his way up to the top. Or how about Tiger Woods finding in his stroke amazing eagle shots. Maybe even that Barry Bonds just might be innocent from all the juicing and beefing that the press likes to talk up. I'm just an all round great guy! Sports, poetic, dorky, smart, chivalrous, respectful, charming; I mean, I can go all day. Ummm... Baseball it is.

AW

ps- have you seen what those indoor soccer players can do?!! amazing...
away

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:17 am
deleted6 says...

Football best by far.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:24 am
Bobo says...

It really depends on which kind of best you're talking about. As far as playing a sport, I think soccer/football is great for stamina, basketball would probably aid in agility and all-around health, American football would build toughness (or break down your toughness lol) and other things, hockey...well I don't know much about it, but I would guess balance, stamina, and upper body strength. Lacrosse would be good stamina as well, and also dexterity and upper body strength. Um... everything else does other stuff.

As for viewing, I don't like to watch any sports very much. But if I had to choose one to watch, it would be basketball just because I've played it more than any other sport and know more about it, so I'd be able to follow it enough for it to be interesting.

I know, I'm boring. Deal.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:57 am
Nate says...

Bobo wrote:It really depends on which kind of best you're talking about.

Bah! Baseball! Hands down! Period!

Rei is right though, the Winter Olympics is awesome. Can't believe we have to wait four years now until the next one; I remember when it was every two years and you always had the Winter and Summer Olympics in the same year. Had to walk uphill both ways to school as well through like six feet of snow.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:11 pm
zell says...

fencing and archery are cool and there both my favourites hmm hard to choose oh well i'll choose both

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:30 pm
Rei says...

Canadian hockey is also fabulous for anger management. Wanna fight? Take it out on the ice. Tee hee!
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:17 pm
Bazoo says...

Curling rips all your sports in half, stomps on their innards, and laughs maniacally. '

Curling owns your soul.
Wow...I want to thank so many people for being here...well of course, God...and um...Nate...let's see...Liz...Brad...Chevy...Satan.

They're all cool.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:24 pm
Firestarter says...

Association Football (or soccer as you Americans like to call it) is the best by far - it's fast, passionate, competitive, skilful .... I could go on. It's the easiest to follow, takes only 90 minutes (compared to baseball that takes about five years to finish) and it just is engrained into me. I follow football religiously and will to my death.

As the famous Bill Shankly said, "Football isn't a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that."
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:29 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Karate and yoga are my favourites if I'm playing, along with tennis and badminton in the summer. I don't watch sports much but my favourites to watch are gymnastics and diving (in the olympics) and snowboarding (in winter olympics).

I don't watch much football (soccer to you americans :wink:) on tv but it is a lot of fun to watch at the actual matches. I know pretty much nothing about baseball 'cept I saw a bit on tv once in Florida but I didn't know the rules so it wasn't so much fun.

Tour de France is also fun to watch if you're actually there. I have lots of photos from that. :P
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:35 pm
zell says...

oh yeah i forgot about all those martial arts (somebody hit me)

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:35 pm
Zion says...

Figure skating, skiing, triathlon (sp), golf, water olympics, fencing. And what I enjoy doing, weight lifting, swimming, mountain jogging.

What I would LOVE to do, but dont have time/money/whatever: fencing, mountain climbing, martial arts and again, figure skating :D

PS- If someone says something bad about figureskating im gonna bitch slap him. Yeah, HIM, cuz chix dig teh figuyr skeyt. (note the pittiful attempts of 1337 usage :P )
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

Nothing is impossible, for the word itself says, 'I'm possible!'
— Audrey Hepburn