z

Young Writers Society

Writer Gender

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:20 am
Elizabeth says...

I have just come to realize and wonder about the gender of many of the new writers I've seen. I believe I posted in 2 that were female today and 1 that was male. And in the past it has been higher female rates.

Are there more female writers on this site?
In the country?
Etc Concluding at:
In the world?

Or am I being abnormally delusional?

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:58 am
LamaLama says...

Ah so- but the true question lies in the importance of the question itself. Quitisencially evolving into the question of the question itself. That being then, "why?" Leading inevitably irevicably to the end of means, by rather, question of human nature. Will the human choose a over b, or b over a. Or will the third remaining result unseen be chosen, c? Ergo, we have the choice. Male over female, or female over male? The infinate question of dominance, one over the other, boils down to the simple choice of the most basic human characteristic of gender recognition, evident even in infants. And so, we come to the finity of the question. What is present at life, must not be present at death. Ergo we are lead back to the beginning, the never ending, infinate circle of one over the other. Ergo life over death, ergo male over female, or female over male. But then where is the unseen C?

sorry, I got caught up in myself. I like the matrix.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

Random avatar

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:08 am
Elizabeth says...

Whoa... when you really think about it, that's the most confusing thing ....
Should choice C on the site be... not chosing the gender Icon and then being assumed as... either one?
Whoa... Whoa...
(Truely knows Psylynx: Bows to you)

52 Reviews

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:11 am
LamaLama says...

Huh? Have I performed some heroic, or other bow worthy action in relation to another, apparently banned member?
AHH!! THE PRESS!!

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

Random avatar

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:19 am
Elizabeth says...

Read the signature honey, read the signature.
... Odd, that last line was the same as your signature...
AHH WARN SOMEBODY ELSE ABOUT THIS!!!

52 Reviews

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:23 am
LamaLama says...

Thats because I said it, then I liked it, and then I changed my siggy.

I didn't actually know psylinx, I critiqued two of his posts and was treated harshly. So I made a snap descision that seemed to be accurate.
I happen to know one of the OTHER guys that got banned. The one that threatened to beat someone up or something. I don't know what his handle was here, he usually went by phroe, or something like that.

Random avatar

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:27 am
Elizabeth says...

.... was this phroe person a male or female or type C? *realizes how off topic I have gotten*

52 Reviews

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:32 am
LamaLama says...

He was a guy, but he'd probably say he was a C just to be different.

Random avatar

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:35 am
Elizabeth says...

Usually C have over protective parents...
BUt I think most of them are girls... I can't figure out why
(on this site anyway)
I wonder about the world... Hmm....
*wonders*

Do you think that girls will dominate the writing industry? Mwahahaha

52 Reviews

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:40 am
LamaLama says...

No, I think eventually there will be an uprising of C types, who will dominate the creative arts in all areas, except for water polo. They fear water.

Random avatar

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:11 am
Elizabeth says...

Thou art mad.

Anybody have opinons on this?
Anybody ELSE?
I'm serious, I think there are more female writers than male in the site... perhaps the world.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:05 am
thegirlwhofateloves says...

I can't have any opinions...I'm way too confused....
Who threatened to beat who up? Why? Banned? Huh? Good Lord, it's like being back in upper school...how much have I missed?!!

...There seem to be an equalish number of both guys and girls...aren't there?

I'm still too confused to say anything sensible. I'm gonna go... :wink:
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:30 pm
-KayJuran- says...

tgwfl -> you're not alone. I am also verrry confused...

Anyways... I'd say that I haven't really thought about it before, but I always just assumed it was pretty equal. I can think of a lot of female members offhand, but I can think of a lot of male members too so... hmm... I guess that doesn't really prove anything over here.

:?

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:09 pm
Crysi says...

Keep it on topic, please. Thank you.

Anyway, that's an interesting point. I think there may be more female writers in the world (although I haven't done any research on it), simply because writing tends to be more of an emotional thing and women are generally more emotional than men. Don't start flaming me for saying women are better writers or any of that, because that's not what I'm saying. I'm simply saying that, like interior design, women are more likely to gravitate toward it than men are. Now, obviously there are exceptions, and I think it's because it doesn't depend on a certain "trait" or "skill" any gender or race tends to have. Writers tend to write to express, describe, or invoke a certain emotion, which is the only reason I wouldn't be surprised if there ARE more female writers. It's a "softer" vocation/hobby.
Love and Light

52 Reviews

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:04 pm
LamaLama says...

Writing, for WOMAN is more of an emotional thing. You could say the same for acting, and there aren't necesarily more actresses in the world then actors.

Guys are actually capeable of doing things, without letting emotions get in the way of good storytelling.

And there are plenty of interior design shows, and there appear to be more men on them than woman, and more woman using the service then men.

Emotion isn't necesarily involved in all writing. Its the woman who make it emotional, not the emotion that makes the art.

Always do what you are afraid to do.
— E. Lockhart, We Were Liars