z

Young Writers Society

lemony snicket

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:05 pm
ali 2 says...

the series of unfortunet event the first ones aren't very good but the lastet ones are better.

The film was quite funny with jim carrey in it but it didn't really follow the main story.
But it was good.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:37 pm
smaur says...

This probably belongs in the "Entertainment" section. :)
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:41 pm
Firestarter says...

- Moved to Entertainment -
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:26 pm
deleted6 says...

The book are great especially The Reptile Room my favourite one, and might i say Billy Connoly as Professor Montgomery was a brillant idea.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:43 pm
Emma says...

I didn't enjoy the books as I found them pretty boring and not my type of story at all. I saw the film too and thought it was pretty good. The actors were amazing and the thought of Jim Carey (or how ever you spell his second name) in any film is amazing! As he is a great actor!

Also... the male child out of the three orphans was mega cute. ;) Sorry I don't know his name!

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:45 pm
deleted6 says...

Klause... That his name Emma or if you mean his real name, i don't know sorry. *shrugs*
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:43 am
Myth says...

I've read the books and agree the latest ones are better. I've not seen the movie and its Klaus (played by Liam Aiken) and does he wear glasses in the movie? He didn't wear them in the previews I saw.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:08 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I love the series, the movie was good, especially Jim Carey but I didn't really like the way they mixed the books up together. Can't believe we have to wait until October for the last book, grr!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:08 am
Fireweed says...

I love Lemony Snicket's style, and I really enjoyed the first several books but after a while they all started to seem the same and were too predictable...

I haven't read the latest ones though. Perhaps I should.

The movie was awesome! Violet and Klaus's actors were brilliant, which surprised me because usually child actors rather suck. I can't stand Jim Carrey, though.
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg