93%
charlie and the choclate factory
7%

Total votes : 15

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:48 pm
ali 2 says...

i loved the first film especialy the entrance of captain jack (brilliant).

the second one is meant to come out soon i saw the trailer on some site it looks good.
aparently they aregoing to make the 3rd one straight after the second.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:57 pm
zell says...

pirates of the caribian wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 8-[

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:19 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Is it just me, or have capitalization ceased to exist?

For the benefit of this thread and for humanity in general, let's demonstrate some understanding of 5th grade English, preferably higher.

Also, let's get this out of the way.

OMGAZ HE'S SO HAWT!

Alright; it's been said; don't repeat it.

Johnny Depp is definitely a very high quality actor. Where other stars seem to fall flat, Depp has an ability to entrance the audience. He seems to get quirky characters and he is able to communicate those quirks very well. He also has the ability to steal the show.

I've seen both of the movies and I must say he does well in both. In Pirates of the Caribbean though, you could tell that he was having a lot of fun, which actually increased the general experience of the movie.

In Johnny Depp's films, he is able to communicate the complexities of his character flawlessly.

I'm not surprised that they're going for a third film. From what I've heard, the cast and crew really enjoyed making the "Curse of the Black Pearl", (which really shows) so much that they signed up for this upcoming movie immediately.

Of course, I don't know if this is going to be like other trilogies where the third film ends up flopping, but who knows?

In any event, I'm looking forward to this film.
Last edited by Griffinkeeper on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:32 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Thank the gods for Griff...

I will probably be seeing the second film, while in England before I head home. Looks exciting.

I have to say my favorite Depp film is From Hell. He is one of those actors that fits into character roles so well. Captain Jack will probably be the one that defines his career though. Not that that's bad, he does an exemplary job.

I like Mayonaise...

That said, I can't wait. Actually I can, I'd just like to delude myself that I can't.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:36 pm
Empress Kat says...

i don't know if I say pirates because I like the movie better over all or because I just like the character better. Depp is amazing in any role he does, and not just 'cause he's got killer features.
If there was an option where they were ranked the same, I'd pick that one.
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:15 pm
Sureal says...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they made the second and third movie at the same time.

I don't know if they'll be any good though. Sequal very rarely live up to the origional... however, Depp is an amazing actor (and Jack Sparrow is an amazing character), so the sequals may just pull it off.
I wrote the above just for you.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:04 am
thegirlwhofateloves says...

I can't possibly say...he is one hell of an actor. And I love both the films to bits. So I'm not going to choose!

He he CL..."I like mayonaise" - you've watched the deleted scenes too!!! lol...that whole scene is just so very amusing ("Pleuaghle...parli...parsley...palae...).
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:03 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Pirates of the Caribbean, brilliant movie, can't wait for the sequels :D I have high expectations for them so I hope they don't let me down :P Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was okay, but I was completely obsessed with POTC when it came out-sawe it three times at the cinema and a million times (ish) when the DVD came out. Maybe the sequals will be addictive too, maybe not.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:33 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Johnny Depp though.....*faints*
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:41 am
Karma says...

I love pirates!
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:40 pm
IceCreamMan says...

Sureal wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they made the second and third movie at the same time.

Yep, they did. And I have a good source too. A guy working at Disneyworld told me, so it must be true! BTW, I was in DisneyWorld with my highschool band. We got selected to go there and do a workshop with disney musicians and then put on a concert in the magic kingdom. Omg, it was a blast! and the relevence? Our last piece in the concert was Pirates of the Caribbean!

P.S. the Pirates ride which the movie is based on really sucks. Go on Space Mountain instead.
Clementine: This is it, Joel. It’s going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.”
-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:06 am
Sponson Light says...

I hope this isnt just a rehash of the old movie in an attempt to get more money.

A guy working at Disneyworld told me, so it must be true!

As someone once said

It reminds me of the time someone said they were told by someone who knew someone who worked for a Miniatures Company named Games Workshop and how GW was going to redo all the codicies for all the armies. What a load of bunk.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:38 am
IceCreamMan says...

Jeeze man, it was not like that. On a tour at MGM Studios called the "Backlot Tour", which was where you were shown how certain special effects are done in movies, and relics from old movies and such, the tour guide while we were on a tram told everyone riding (which includes quite a few people, seeing as the tram has multiple "cars" latched together) that, in case they didn't know, there were not one but two sequels to Pirates of the Caribean and they are being made at the same time. I guess he could be wrong, but I expect a level of profesionalism from disney employees which includes them not spreading rumors about upcoming movies. Just my opinion, but if I worked for Disney I would not lie about something like that because it could very well get you fired. After getting a job like that, I doubt anyone would do something that could jeopardize their employment.

P.S. If this still doesn't convince you, well, then you just need to lighten up and be a little bit more optimistic--mind you, being skeptical is a good quality to have, but I'd consider this to be pretty reliable information. Plus, who doesn't want two sequals?! I can't really fault you though, because I didn't give much of an explanation in my first post. And you might be right... :cry:
Clementine: This is it, Joel. It’s going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.”
-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-

Random avatar

Reviews: 99
Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:47 am
Niamh says...

He was great in both, but you cannot beat Captain Jack. He's probably one of the most brilliant and original characters I've ever seen. The sequel definitely matched my expectations. I can't wait for the third.
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself." -- Declaration of Arbroath

Random avatar

Reviews: 99
Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:47 am
Niamh says...

He was great in both, but you cannot beat Captain Jack. He's probably one of the most brilliant and original characters I've ever seen. The sequel definitely matched my expectations. I can't wait for the third.
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself." -- Declaration of Arbroath

The adjective should reinvent the noun.
— Leslie Norris